Bishkek Travel Answers

change location
john2779's Profile Photo

planning a trip to bishkek in janurary

by john2779 Online Now Sep 14, 2006 at 3:12 PM

well hoping to take a trip in janurary to feburary sometime. is it cool for americans? what should i not do?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: planning a trip to bishkek in janurary

by nsgossett1 Online Now Sep 26, 2006 at 9:20 PM

Bishkek is awesome. You'll love it. When I was there I saw hundreds of americans. We have a military base there so it's cool for americans. The only advice I can give you is to not expect to treated like you are in America. I know that might sound obvious but I know a lot of Americans who are overwhelmed by the difference in culture and personal relationships there. But you'll love it. This city is beautiful and the mountains are phenominal. Expect to pay more than most people though as they have price differences for Kyrgyz citizens, CIS citizens, and then all others so don't take it personal. I wish you luck and know you will have fun. ALl the best.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • IMJ's Profile Photo

RE: RE: planning a trip to bishkek in janurary

by IMJ Online Now Oct 2, 2006 at 12:13 PM

yeah, it is a quiet nice city, very warm, at least was like that last time i saw i, get hooked with some ppl from the stated may be, coz some ppl wanna get some axtra money from u and u wont know what u supposed to really pay them, most of the americans who have been there for a while already know how to deal with that stuff, and will be eager to share with u and show u hot spots there

of course do not expect it will be like the states, but the nature is beautiful, if u go in jan go skiing to Kashka Suu, it is great there

and, i suppose u will be on base, so, u willmeet quiet a lot of civilians who work there and will be glad to take u out

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bishkek