Birmingham Travel Answers

change location
sabogg01's Profile Photo

Looking for a hotel/motel close to the Birmingham exit off the interstate

by sabogg01 Online Now May 5, 2007 at 5:35 PM

I am considering going to New Orleans in July, so therefore will be passing through Birmingham on the way. Can anyone recommend a hotel/motel that is right off the interstate that is fairly inexpensive or perhaps recommend another town that I might could get an inexpensive hotel that is around the Birmingham area. I am traveling from Lexington, KY to New Orleans.
Any advice is appreaciated. Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • olddude's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for a hotel/motel close to the Birmingham exit off the interstate

by olddude Online Now May 5, 2007 at 6:08 PM

You need to be more specific. Do you intend to stay somewhere on 65 as you come into Birmingham or somewhere on 20/59. Either way, the nearer you are to the edge of the city the better. As you get near the center of town the price of otels/motels goes up and the ease of getting back onto the interstate goes down. I suggest you stay somewhere on 20/59 after you pass the exit for Legion Field (I think exit 123). Any of the national chains in this area are fine and about the same. If you don't want to stay in Birmingham, just go on to the other side of Bessemer. If you are coming in via 59, I suggest you drive on through the city. The area around the airport may not be your cup of tea.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • midnight_mike's Profile Photo

by midnight_mike Online Now May 5, 2007 at 6:39 PM

There is a hotel right off the exit for Hoover--I believe it is a Days Inn--which is just south of Birmingham. There are plenty of places to eat around there and it is a safe area. For the best barbacue, take the UAB exit for Dreamland Barbacue. The Howard Johnson Express Inn - Birmingham, which is located in Homewood--another good suburb just south of Birmingham--is54 per night on expedia and it is right off of I65.

• sabogg01's Profile Photo

by sabogg01 Online Now May 5, 2007 at 6:40 PM

Thanks guys! Very good advice :) Now if only I can get someone to go with me for the week :) :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines