Birmingham Travel Answers

change location
lisa_lise's Profile Photo

Activities and Restaurants in Birmingham?

by lisa_lise Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 9:10 PM

I'll be spending some time in Birmingham next week. I've already checked out the member pages and got some good ideas from them (Thanks!) but I'd like to know if anyone else has any tips on fun things to do, good art galleries or funky shops, cultural things, or tasty restaurants. Please no BBQ places--I get all the good BBQ I can eat here in Texas. I'm going to be hanging out with a friend who's in grad school there, so any tips for two women in their twenties would be great. Thanks, everyone! Lisa

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • wctryltd's Profile Photo

Re: Activities and Restaurants in Birmingham?

by wctryltd Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 9:47 PM

i had an awesome time in birmingham - in spite of what the british will tell you - birmingham is quite nice. the area near my hotel (on travel pages) had a really nice walking mall - and some excellent bali curry shops. have fun! -bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Activities and Restaurants in Birmingham?

by Kevin4601 Online Now Jun 17, 2004 at 12:34 AM

Hey. I'm from Birmingham, AL. There are many nice restaurants in suburb of Birmingham (Hoover, Homewood, Brookwood Mountain, Trussville, Vestria Hill, South Birmingham and Downtown Birmingham). There are huge mall in Hoover named Galleria Mall at Riverchase area. That where alot of shopping center and very modern movie threater named Patton Creek 16 (Rave Motion Picture). Crowded at Galleria mall got worse on weekend and some during weekday. It have nice high rise hotel in Galleria Mall. You need have car to drive around of Birmingham. (because public transportation are poorly service). Please stay away from North Birmingham at all day and West Birmingham at night. It is very anti-tourist area. Traffic in Birmingham are pretty good.

by bhmmassage Online Now Jul 7, 2004 at 7:45 PM

Hey there. I can help with courting you to restaurants in the area. Send me email bhmmassage@yahoo.com www.geocities.com/bhmmassage

by Foonyak Online Now Jul 13, 2004 at 12:27 AM

There is a great site that has restaraunts, music, photos, entertainment listings and cool Birmingham culture galore at: http://www.fleabomb.com Check it out! The forums are a great place to ask any questions.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines