Billund

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• things to buy in Copenhagen

Copenhagen Apr 8, 2014 at 12:01 PM

What can I get in Copenhagen that I can't get anywhere else?

more
    • unique things to buy in Copenhagen

Copenhagen Apr 8, 2014 at 11:59 AM

What to buy in Copenhagen that you can't find anywhere else?

more
    • copenhagen

Copenhagen Mar 26, 2014 at 12:33 PM

We would like to stay in a small but luxury hotel in or near Copenhagen in July 2014
      Can anyone suggest a good place?
      We would prefer to be outside the city if possible
      Thank you

more
    • the way from copenhagen to helsingor?

Helsingør Apr 11, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Hi, I will arrive at Copenhagen airport 18:45, 12 may, 2014 and my hotel Konventom is in helsingor, what's the best way to get there?

more
    • KnobblyKnees's Profile Photo

How Does the Cost of Living in Denmark Compare with Copenhagen?

Denmark Mar 30, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Hi. In Britain, the cost of living in London and the south-east can be very high, but in other parts of the UK life can be much cheaper. Is life in the rest of Denmark much cheaper than in Copenhagen? Or is life fairly costly everywhere?

I've stayed in Copenhagen and spent quite a lot of money, but I was a tourist in a capital city. Is life much cheaper in Denmark's other cities? Or does life become more expensive the further away from big populations you are?

I've heard that house prices are high in Copenhagen, but are they high throughout Denmark?

I'm considering moving to Denmark and I want to live somewhere well-equipped but affordable. Does such a place exist? Or is the cost of living only low in unpleasant, post-industrial towns?

And is public transport cheaper outside Zealand or are prices similar everywhere?

Many thanks for your help. I'm a very ignorant man.

more
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Gribskov: Getting There and Where to Go?

Copenhagen Apr 13, 2014 at 1:51 AM

I'll be visiting Copenhagen again soon and this time I don't want it to be a boring city break, I want to get out into the countryside properly. I especially want to spend one or two days in Gribskov, but I need to know the answers to a few questions first. Maybe someone can help?

(1) Like most visitors to Copenhagen, I'm very confused by the tickets on public transport. I know that I need to travel by train to Hillerod and then transfer to the Gribskovbanen to get to stations like Mårum and Duemose, but I can't understand which ticket I should buy if I want to travel there and back on the same day from Copenhagen. Could a Copenhagen resident please explain?

(2) Is there a good-quality map available, showing all the tracks and trails through the forest, at a scale of something like 1:50,000?

(3) The forest is owned by the State - but does that mean that walkers can go everywhere?

(4) Where are the best parts of the forest, in terms of thick foresty vegetation? Obviously I'm relying on the railway, so I don't want to stray too far from it, but I'm guessing there are plenty of wilder, bushier parts within reach of the stations.

(5) I've read that in recent years, spruce trees have been being chopped down, to create a woodland more like Gribskov would have been in the past. Personally I like spruce trees, having walked a lot in Norway. Are there still any substantial areas of spruce or is Gribskov now just open woodland, like heathland with a scattering of trees? I've been looking at the forest on Google Earth, but it's hard to tell which type of trees are which. Also I don't know how up-to-date the satellite view is.

If anyone can help me, that'd be great. Thank you.

more
    • polatgokhan's Profile Photo

from Roskilde to Legoland, Billund

by polatgokhan Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Please advise, How can I travel from Roskilde to Legoland by using public transportation?

2 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    • Baggage claim and bus schedule

by juneUS101 Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Hi, is it feasible for me to arrive at Billund airport at 22:50 on a Tuesday and make it to Vejle via bus? I saw a bus schedule saying the 143 picks up at 23:34, but I don't know if this schedule is accurate, and if leaving the airport is easy and quick. Thanks

3 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    • Getting to Aalborg late at night

by Minamoto Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Hi all, I accidentally booked my flight to Billund quite late, so that I am arriving in Billund at 22:35. Do you know of any means of travel how I could get to Aalborg the same night? Any hints appreciated! Thank you!

Daniel

1 Answer Aug 1, 2013 at 2:09 AM
    • Parking Billund

by Meakki Online Now Aug 26, 2010 at 5:06 AM

Hello, but do you think that I can leave the car for more days (like one week) near Legoland for free? Actually I need to fly from Billund

2 Answers Aug 26, 2010 at 7:11 AM
    • eastrunner's Profile Photo

Visiting Billund for a weekend Where to buy a suit? please help

by eastrunner Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Hi there,

My inlaws are visiting Billund and we are visiting them from the UK.

1. I have a business meeting on the monday morning as i return to london late on sunday night, I was wondering if you can recommend a few places where I can buy a suit in Billund, a (Marks & Spencer) equivilent where its not very expensive + (medium quality)? (As we are flying Ryanair we have not booked any luggage except for small carry on).
      2. Can you please recommend a few tradtional places to eat in billund?
      3. Also besides Lego land what can a few adults do in billund?

Thanks in advance

ER

4 Answers Mar 23, 2010 at 10:11 AM
    • Will LegoLand be closed in late-December?

by leosham Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Hi all,

I will visit Denmark in Dec 2009. I have checked the official website of Legoland, but it does not show the availability during Dec 2009. I would like to know if the park will be closed in late-Dec 2009? Many thx!!

Best,
      Leo
      From Hong kong

4 Answers Jun 13, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    • Billund to Copenhagen

by danhecker Online Now Oct 30, 2008 at 12:03 PM

What is the quickest way from Billund Airport to Copenhagen, most cost efficient also?

2 Answers Oct 30, 2008 at 12:58 PM
    • Legoland and South Jutland. any advice? festivals in June? lwhere to stay in southern Jutland?

by Dr.Lo Online Now May 3, 2007 at 6:24 AM

Hello.
      Legoland is on our agenda. We were there 3 years ago and my son still speaks of it as the best place in the whole world (and we live in Miami and have visited the Orlando theme parks including Disney). So this trip we are planning on going there again. Seeking advice:
      1. Where to stay. -- anyplace that is South of Legoland all the way to Germany and is unique/wonderful/not super inconvenient will be considered.
      2. we are looking at approximately June 20 -- any reason to vary our dates (any special festivals somewhere that we can catch in either direction or at Legoland)
      3. Anything new at Legoland?
      4. We will be staying for a week plus on a North Sea island off the coast of Schleswig Holstein (Foehr) -- so we are not looking for more Waddensea adventures -- but what else should we see in Southern Jutland?
      (I am also posting this in the general Denmark forum as the Billund forum does not appear very active)
      [FYI -- LOVE Denmark. Spent time in Copenhagen and Odense last real vacation and visited Hamlet's castle before circling around through Sweden -- this time want to understand Southern Jutland -- next trip likely to be northers Jutland and Norway -- but I am getting ahead of myself...)

1 Answer Mar 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM
    • heikkiko's Profile Photo

Where to stay when visiting Legoland?

by heikkiko Online Now Jan 13, 2005 at 12:31 AM

Hi! Me and my family (5 pers.) are planning a visit to Legoland in Billund, Denmark. I'd like to know if anybody had any suggestions for a decent place to stay for a few days nearby. We are going to drive all the way from Finland with our own car or fly to north Germany - Hamburg perhaps - and rent a car and drive from there to Billund and back and fly back home. Thanx!

4 Answers Nov 6, 2005 at 1:15 AM