Billund Travel Answers

change location

Legoland and South Jutland. any advice? festivals in June? lwhere to stay in southern Jutland?

by Dr.Lo Online Now May 3, 2007 at 6:24 AM

Hello.
Legoland is on our agenda. We were there 3 years ago and my son still speaks of it as the best place in the whole world (and we live in Miami and have visited the Orlando theme parks including Disney). So this trip we are planning on going there again. Seeking advice:
1. Where to stay. -- anyplace that is South of Legoland all the way to Germany and is unique/wonderful/not super inconvenient will be considered.
2. we are looking at approximately June 20 -- any reason to vary our dates (any special festivals somewhere that we can catch in either direction or at Legoland)
3. Anything new at Legoland?
4. We will be staying for a week plus on a North Sea island off the coast of Schleswig Holstein (Foehr) -- so we are not looking for more Waddensea adventures -- but what else should we see in Southern Jutland?
(I am also posting this in the general Denmark forum as the Billund forum does not appear very active)
[FYI -- LOVE Denmark. Spent time in Copenhagen and Odense last real vacation and visited Hamlet's castle before circling around through Sweden -- this time want to understand Southern Jutland -- next trip likely to be northers Jutland and Norway -- but I am getting ahead of myself...)

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • heikkiko's Profile Photo

Re: Legoland and South Jutland. any advice? festivals in June? lwhere to stay in southern Jutland?

by heikkiko Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Hi! You should visit town of Ribe. It's one of the eldest towns in Scandinavia.
    Been there at least three times and definetly want to go there again.
    Last time with my family a few years ago we stayed at Ribe Byferie,
    near the old town.
    We had our car with us and we visited Legoland from Ribe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines