Billings Travel Answers

change location

moving to billings in january 2010

by ozawkiegirl Online Now Nov 23, 2009 at 4:44 AM

hi moving to billings from north bend washington in january 2010. have had difficulty finding last years forecast to decipher what the weather us like on 90E from WA to MT. around that time...anyone take that trip last year and remember the weather? thanks much

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Re: moving to billings in january 2010

by Dymphna1 Online Now Nov 23, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Welcome - our winters have been getting a little colder as of late. We have had a couple of snows so far - but we are much more mild than the rest of the state. Right now there is no snow and we are having an Indian Summer with temps in the 50's and 60's. Having lived in Washington and Oregon I can assure you that these temps do not feel as bad as they do there. Winters usually drop to the cold temps (0 or below) for a few weeks a year.

Summers are not too bad. They are again not as hot as the eastern end of the state. We get 80's to high 90's during the summer with snaps that might go a little higher.

The weather is much milder because we are close to the mountains. Because of this the majority of the storms will pass over and land just the other side of Billings - it is really odd, when you go over that hill it get hotter or colder depending on the season.

I have a good site on Billings as I live close. Welcome :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines