Billings Travel Answers

change location
uk2usa's Profile Photo

Attractions around Billings

by uk2usa Online Now Feb 13, 2005 at 3:40 PM

Hi, We may well be travelling through Billings this summer and we are considering wether to stay for a couple of nights. What is there to do in August around this area ? UK

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • melissa_bel's Profile Photo

Re: Attractions around Billings

by melissa_bel Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 11:47 AM

The biggest attraction in Billiongs during the summer is the MontanaFair at Metra Park. It's in Mid-Agust (I think this year, it starts on August 12) and covers everything Montana! There asre also a couple of day tyrips in the area suchas Pompey Pillar where Lewis and Clarck carved an inscription, the seat of the battle of Little Big Horn, a drive to Red Lodge and the Beartooth Scenic Byway (unless you plan on staying in theYellowstone area or drive all day, you can turn back at the summit of the pass, it'll take at least 3-4 hours from Billings to get to the summit, I've got a page on it)... Enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • uk2usa's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Attractions around Billings

by uk2usa Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 3:17 PM

Melissa, Many thanks for taking the time to reply. I have two goals when going to Billings. 1) Drive the Beartooth Highway. We will be driving from West Yellowstone to Billings 2) To see the Little Big Horn Battlefield. I will have my wife and twin 12 year old boys with me who will be less impressed than I am with the above. I am looking for sweeteners for them when I ask what there is around Billings. UK

• EllenH's Profile Photo

by EllenH Online Now Feb 20, 2005 at 11:41 AM

On our way into Montana we stopped at the little big horn battlefield and it was pretty interesting but after we lived here a month or so, saw a documentary on tv about it and they went on about what a haunted place it is and how many people have seen so many ghosts. Perhaps your kids could investigate that before you go and find it more interesting. History comes "alive" so to speak.

• EllenH's Profile Photo

by EllenH Online Now Feb 20, 2005 at 11:52 AM

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines