Billings Travel Answers

change location

Considering Moving to Billings

by LaFiera Online Now Oct 3, 2004 at 1:09 PM

Hi I'm considering moving to Billings in a year or so, and I was wondering about a few things- What's the population (how may people and what kinds of people- younger crowd, farmers etc) How far is the nearest ski resort (that has good snowboarding? How far out of town do you have to go to bike/hike? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • melissa_bel's Profile Photo

Re: Considering Moving to Billings

by melissa_bel Online Now Oct 12, 2004 at 11:02 PM

Hi Fiera, I live in a small city 45 minutes away from Billings but we go there every week. I just moved here in June from Chicago, talk about a shock. Population: Around 90.000 I believe. The biggest city in the State. There are 2 colleges in Billings: Montatana State University and Rocky Mountain College so, there's quite a bit of young people there. Apparently, downtown is experiencing a boom with a lot of fancy lofts for rents, the whole area has been revitalized from what II have been told. Lots of nice bars I must say... Here's a link for the city population: billings.areaconnect.com/sta... People in cow-boy hats, of course, you'll see them. It's Montana! You have a lot of big stores that supply for farmers here *lol*. The closets ski station? It's Red Lodge, just an hour away from Billings. It's a neat little town and I have a mini-page about it. You can have more infos: http://www.redlodgemountain.com/ For biking and hiking... I just got there and I know the area west of Columbus to have a lot of hiking (that'll be at least an hour and a half). Good luck with your research!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines