Bilbao Travel Answers

change location

Bilbau to Biarritz

by lady14 Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 4:41 AM

how to get to bilbau from biarritz by train or bus?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Bilbau to Biarritz

by leics Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Not a journey I've made, but you can find train times and details in English on the excellent:

bahn.com/i/view/overseas/en/...

Journey time to Bilbao-Abando railway station is just under 6 hours, with 2 changes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • InBiarritz's Profile Photo

by InBiarritz Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM

From Bilbao/Bilbao airport you can get a bus to San Sebastian. Change there for another bus to Biarritz. They are provided by www.pesa.net You could take the train but the Euskotren is much slower. If you have the time it takes a nice route though. Change at Hendaye onto the French SNCF network to Biarritz Gare La Négresse.

3 members found this helpful

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

by Roadquill Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM

InBairritz provided a good alternative. There are regular buses from Bilbao to San Sebastian/Donostia (about 1 hour). From the SS/Donostia bus station there are regular buses up to Biarritz (2 1/2 hours). Check the Pesa site. The Pesa ticket office in SS is just around the corner from where the buses arrive and depart. You can do the train, which switches from the Spanish line to the French line at Hendaye, but I looked at it several times over the past several years and never found it with convenient time schedules.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines