Bikaner Travel Answers

change location

Getting to Bikaner from the North (Amritsar)

by lachydragon Online Now Sep 1, 2003 at 2:03 PM

Hi VT'ers! I am now at the stage of pouring over maps to work out an intinerary for the big India trip in January-February. At the moment I am trying to connect up places that I would like to visit and have found a tricky one in getting from Amritsar to Bikaner (West of Jaipur) without doing a great big loop East through Delhi or Jaipur. I have found a train service that runs Amritsar to Jaipur and can take me to Bathinda Junction....after that I am drawing a blank!! Any advice that you can offer would be fantastic - also, it looks like I will be overnighting in Bathinda. Does anyone have any accommodation or things to see in Bathinda? Take Care, Lachy

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • vinayverma's Profile Photo

Re: Getting to Bikaner from the North (Amritsar)

by vinayverma Online Now Sep 2, 2003 at 4:50 AM

Hmm...difficult route.. You can do it with combination of travelling by train and road. Amritsar to Bhatinda is fine by train. After that take a bus to Ganganagar in Rajasthan and from there you can either take another bus to Bikaner or I'm sure there will be train between ganganagar and Bikaner. I'm trying to find about the trains, will update soon. Let me know if you need more info. cheers Vinay

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Swadeshika's Profile Photo

by Swadeshika Online Now Sep 2, 2003 at 8:14 AM

Dear Lachy, Try the following options : Train No-4887 -Kalka Jaipur Exp Train No.-9112 - Jammu Tawi Ahemedabad Exp Train No.- 339Bhatinda Jaipur Passenger Train No.-1BSL-Bhatinda Bikaner Passenger All of the above pass through Bhatinda and the last two trains originate at Bhatinda however, you will have to travel sleeper class as that is the only class available on that train. For more info you can mail me here or at itnatureclub@rediffmail.com Regards, Swadeshika

• Canadienne's Profile Photo

by Canadienne Online Now Sep 3, 2003 at 5:45 PM

I'm looking at this route for December. . .so I'm just "tagging on" to this forum question. The NH15 highway looks like a major one, so there must be connecting buses (if not trains routes all the way through). Lachy, if you find any information outside of the replies, please drop me a line. Thanks! :-)

• RE: RE: Getting to Bikaner from the North (Amritsar)

by mangrove Online Now Dec 30, 2006 at 1:02 PM

Hey!

I know this post is fairly old, but thought I'd reply:

From Amritsar you can take a bus to Makhu, then take the 9224 overnight train to Jodhpur. Think this is the easiest way to avoid going to Jaipur/Delhi.

If anyone knows of better ways, do tell!
    :)

• vinod-bhojak's Profile Photo

by vinod-bhojak Online Now Aug 7, 2012 at 4:57 AM

You can catch overnight sleeper bus for Bikaner start near Sagam cinema name of company Vasu tours and travel, Amritsar mobile number 0-9872596422

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines