Big Sur Travel Answers

change location
giampiero6's Profile Photo

Big Sur Place Suggestions, Please!

by giampiero6 Online Now Nov 18, 2006 at 5:59 PM

Hi Guys...I'm taking a road trip with some friends for my birthday...which culminates in SF. On the way up, we'll be staying one night in Big Sur. It's 3 guys on a road trip, enjoying some nature, a few laughs a couple of drinks etc.

Can anyone recommend a place to stay that will be fun and pretty nice. I mean, we're not gonna stay at a swank resort, but I don't want to stay in a flea bag either. Anybody have any suggestions or inside tips?

I'd sure appreciate it! Any other thoughts on things not to miss. I love Nepenthe, so we'll be there for a bite to eat and Pfeiffer beach for sure.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: Big Sur Place Suggestions, Please!

by travelgourmet Online Now Nov 18, 2006 at 9:55 PM

Happy Birthday in advance. Big Sur is only 25 miles from Carmel and there are may motel/hotels in the area. I enjoyed staying at the Comfort Inn in Carmel-by-the-Sea and it only was a 30 minute trip by car to Big Sur. The price was right and the Barnyard Complex in Carmel, before Carmel-by-the-Sea has a great bar in Bixby's and great fun and food at Bahama Billy's, all three in my Carmel pages. There is also a Best Western Carmel Mission Inn next door to the Barnyard Complex. All accommodation locations along Hwy 1 are going to be more expensive. Glen Oaks motel in Big Sur is the only one that could be less expensive, if available. Have a great trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • giampiero6's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Big Sur Place Suggestions, Please!

by giampiero6 Online Now Nov 19, 2006 at 8:22 PM

wow larry...thanks for the great advice. I appreciate the effort and will take a look at your pages...

• giampiero6's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Big Sur Place Suggestions, Please!

by giampiero6 Online Now Nov 24, 2006 at 10:23 AM

Cool...thanks for the tips!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines