Be the First to Answer

• Canoeing on lakes in park

Glacier National Park Jun 26, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Which lake has the best view for canoeing

more
    • Buckeyerunner34's Profile Photo

Driving/parking in glacier

Glacier National Park Jul 15, 2014 at 12:04 AM

My friend and I are backpacking through glacier September 18 - September 22. We will be exiting through sperry trailhead. My question is 1. Is there parking near sperry trailhead or somewhere close enough that we can hike there reasonably. 2. Since the free shuttles will be down by our dates are there other forms of transportation available to take us to either our car or hotel on going the sun road? Thank you.

more
    • family fun

by aillgen Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM

We are bringing 4 active teenaged boys to Big Sky. Any recommendations?

4 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM
    • Worried about things to do from October 13-19 in Big Sky Montana

by kbarthold Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 7:36 PM

My husband, son, and 6 and 7 year old grand daughters, and I will be visiting Lake Condominiums in Big Sky, Montana. Yellowstone is fairly close, so we will be traveling there, but will there be anything else to do at that time? It appears that most of the shops and even the restaurants close during the in between time of summer and winter. Any advice?

3 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Is there anything I shouldn't miss?

by GracesTrips Online Now Feb 17, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Next month I'm going to Big Sky flying into Bozeman for a ski trip. Is there a shop in town I should check out or some winter wonderland experience that is a must do? I've seen the horse drawn carraige rides and dinner in a yurt. Is there anything else? Thanks in advance for your replies!

5 Answers Feb 17, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Snowmobile Yellowstone, looking for/need group for March to do Loop

by swdke Online Now Jan 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM

My buddy and I will be in Big Sky skiing from March 5 through March 8, but wish to go snowmobiling in Yellowstone Park for a day. Looking anyone who would like to join us to reduce cost. I'd like to rent snowmobiles in West Yellowstone, but understand that to go into the Park, you need a guide. Most tours go to either Old Faithful, or the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, but not both. To do both, this can only be accomplished by having a guide. Guide cost400 alone, plus rental cost of sleds and cloting. Looking for anyone who may be interested in joining us to form a group to do the Yellowstone Loop which includes the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, and Old Faithful, and reduce the cost per person for the gudie. Back in the 80's I was able to simply rent a sled and was free to ride where I wanted in the Park. These days, laws have changed and you need a guide if you want to do the loop. If interested, please let me know and we'll see what we can work out.

• swdke's Profile Photo

Economical Lodging at Big Sky?

by swdke Online Now Dec 15, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Any recommendations for economical lodging at Big Sky for a March ski trip? Thanks for your recommendations.

• swdke's Profile Photo

Big Sky skiing - when is best time to go?

by swdke Online Now Dec 4, 2008 at 7:01 AM

When is the best time for snow conditions and sun for skiing Big Sky. Would like to plan first visit and wondering when is the best time to go based upon good weather, and great snow. Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 17, 2009 at 11:09 AM
    • Tamiandaiden's Profile Photo

Businesses @ Big Sky Resort

by Tamiandaiden Online Now Sep 1, 2005 at 4:24 AM

It's hard to get an idea of what shops are available on the mountain vs the closest town vs Bozeman. As well as the infrastucture in general for what is on offer in the resort

Therefore i'd like to ask a few questions.

1) Is there a large grocery store in the resort? (if not how far is the drive?)
      2) Is there a mountain village close by (by close by i mean 15 mins drive) with shops and night life or do you have to head to Bozeman?
      3) how many businesses operate in the resort? such as bars, clubs, restaurants?

• Tamiandaiden's Profile Photo

A day in the lift

by Tamiandaiden Online Now Sep 1, 2005 at 4:23 AM

It's hard to get an idea of what shops are available on the mountain vs the closest town vs Bozeman. As well as the infrastucture in general for what is on offer in the resort

Therefore i'd like to ask a few questions.

1) Is there a large grocery store in the resort? (if not how far is the drive?)
      2) Is there a mountain village close by (by close by i mean 15 mins drive) with shops and night life or do you have to head to Bozeman?
      3) how many businesses operate in the resort? such as bars, clubs, restaurants?