change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is it safe to cycle around downtown?

Austin Apr 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Hi,
      We'll be visiting Austin the 1st time in April.
      Not sure if i want to stay AT&T executive hotel.
      i may rent a bike to commute around to restaurants around Congress area.
      Hampton inn & suites Austin downtown ok?
      Thank you for any advice.

more
    • Where to stay?

Dallas Mar 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM

My two brothers, my father and I will be visiting the Dallas area this coming June for a long weekend. We will be catching a few baseball games and are wondering what is the best location to stay for tourist attractions. We will have a car to get to the ballpark so we are more concerned with staying in a good location in terms of tourist attractions, good atmosphere, and getting the best overall feel for Texas. After doing some research I'm kind of confused if I should be looking just right in downtown Dallas, or if something like Market Place or West End is better? Thanks for the help!

more
    • What public transportation is there between Sherman + Dallas?

Dallas Mar 25, 2014 at 6:04 PM

What bus, train, etc. would I take to get from Sherman to Dallas? I will be teaching at Austin College (Sherman) this summer + would like to take advantage of some quick site seeing in Dallas on weekends. Thanks for your response(s).

more
    • Spring breakers

South Padre Island Mar 20, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Will there be many spring breakers for the week of March 25 to 29?

more
    • Do I need a passport??

Brownsville Apr 7, 2014 at 7:03 PM

In Brownsville, Tx, can I go across the border into Matamoros, Mexico for shopping and get back to Brownsville without a passport??

more
    • Quality and reputable motel to stay at enroute the port of Galveston for cruise

Texas Mar 21, 2014 at 7:15 AM

name of motel with average cost to stay the night before cruise---Galveston rates seem high.

more
    • From Dallas to Caddo Lake

Caddo Lake State Park Apr 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Hi,
      My friend and I would like to know how to get to Caddo Lake State Park from downtown Dallas by bus ? Is it possible ? If not, what are our options if we can't rent a car in Dallas ?
      We really would like to go to Caddo Lake :) !
      Thank you !
      Katherine and Vivianne

more
    • Comming Texas next Sunday!

Texas Mar 30, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I arrive at bush airport on Sunday afternoon an would like to know where an what to do straight away! We will be putting our bags in the hotel then looking to go straight out on the town! Many thanks Danny

more
    • ????????????????????????????

by smithc00 Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 6:18 AM

how much is an average meal at one of these restaurant???????

5 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    • Pack mule water supply for Chisos Loop 5 day hike available?

by JetteMcC Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Is there still a pack mule outfit for carrying water to points along the Chisos Loop?

2 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    • How to do Big Bend

by Homerman Online Now Sep 13, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Hi, we are looking at 3 or 4 days in Big Bend NP in late October, travelling from Houston and then onto Corpus Christi.

I have read quite a bit about the park but I'm still not sure which hikes/trails and areas are the best to visit in our short time there.

We aren't from the US and wont have access to camping equipment so will also have to find accommodation in the local proximity. We aren't worried about how many stars it may have.

I have read a little about rafting tours through Santa Elena Canyon and wonder if anyone can help with some advice as I believe the seasons will make a huge difference to water levels and general day time temperatures in the park.

We are moderately fit but no marathoners.

Wondering also about lead times for bookings on accom and rafting etc?

I know I'm asking a lot but we don't know much at all about the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 5:04 PM
    • The park in December

by LRNell Online Now Dec 15, 2010 at 3:39 PM

I've always wanted to visit, but it looks like Dec. between the holidays is the available time. No flowers, cold, colder on hikes with elevations. Makes me wonder if I should wait till spring, regardless of availability to go right now. I'd appreciate opinions.

6 Answers Dec 16, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    • How can I Trip the Big Bend NP with Famaily.

by jinwon Online Now May 17, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Hi~
      I am going to trip to the Big Bend NP with my family.
      This trip is the first for my family in America.
      We will start in the afternoon on May 22nd.
      We will stay at midland, TX on May 22nd night and stay at Chisos Mountains Lodge from May 23rd to 25th.
      My Kids are 10 and 5 years old.
      I want to make one of the unforgettable events for my two daughters.
      But I am worried about this trip because I can't find a good plan for my family yet.
      I found out the many route and trail but what is the best of the best for me.
      Please give me a good idea for my family.
      I apologize for the poor quality of my English.

Thanking you gratefully.

3 Answers May 18, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    • ellsasha's Profile Photo

Driving in National Parks Vehicles and Dogs

by ellsasha Online Now Nov 21, 2007 at 7:27 AM

This may seem like a naive question, but I'm just about to buy a new SUV, and one of my retirement ambitions is to travel through the U.S. visiting the National Parks. How important is it for me to buy a 4WD vehicle with this plan in mind? I live in Houston, TX and it is proving difficult to find 4WD vehicles to even test drive. I also have second question I understand that dogs are not allowed in areas of the Parks where vehicles cannot travel, have any of you taken your dogs with you when when you traveled to the parks and what were your experiences? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

10 Answers Nov 25, 2007 at 10:37 AM
    • yellowcyrano's Profile Photo

Big Bend or Bust!!!

by yellowcyrano Online Now Sep 30, 2004 at 2:59 PM

Well about four bikes and one truck/trailer will be caravaning from Austin, TX to Big Bend this November 3rd - 7th. We're hoping to get there and get a spot at the Rio Grande Village camping grounds. None of us have been there and was wondering if anyone can give us tips and advice to make the trip memorable. Any idea would be great. Thanks.

2 Answers Oct 1, 2004 at 9:20 AM
    • mongoliantraveler's Profile Photo

Can anybody share their experiences at this park?

by mongoliantraveler Online Now Feb 24, 2004 at 3:32 PM

I had originally intended to come to this park in June 2003, but was delayed by some events. I live in Houston and know the drive can be quite aways. If anybody knows what there is to do out there as far as recreational and outdoor activities I would appreciate that. Mongolian Traveler Houston, Texas, U.S.A.

2 Answers Feb 24, 2004 at 3:40 PM