Big Bear Lake Travel Answers

change location
Sienlu's Profile Photo

Best thing to do in Big Bear Lake in Summer with kids

by Sienlu Online Now Jul 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM

We have rented a cabin with another couple in Big Bear Lake this weekend, what is the best thing you can do there in Summer with kids?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Best thing to do in Big Bear Lake in Summer with kids

by Beausoleil Online Now Jul 27, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Hi. Drives and walking in the area are great. You can do a search here on VT for things to do. There is a VT Travel Guide for Big Bear Lake and another one for Big Bear City. Here are the two links or you can just type Big Bear into the VT Search Window above.
    Big Bear Lake Travel Guide
    Big Bear Lake Travel Guide

If you have kids, don't miss the Big Bear Discovery Center on the north shore. Lots of hands-on things for kids and the trails are really nice.

Big Bear City is pretty touristy and you should find lots to do and be able to get information from the local tourist office. It's gorgeous up there and you will find plenty to do. There was a fabulous barbecued rib place up there and I can't remember the name. It's not a national chain; it's local. You might ask around if you like ribs.

Have fun.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sienlu's Profile Photo

Re: Best thing to do in Big Bear Lake in Summer with kids

by Sienlu Online Now Jul 27, 2011 at 11:54 AM

thank you so much for your reply Beausoleil. I did look at things to do on VT (I work for VT :)) but didn't see many things to do with kids...I will definitely check out the center you mentioned, thanks again!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines