Big Bear Lake Travel Answers

change location

Would you recommend a family vacation to big this summer?

by duskus Online Now Jul 20, 2006 at 10:16 PM

We just got back from a 5 night 6 day trip to Lake Tahoe. It was an absolutely gorgeous and we didn't want to leave. We are a family of four. 13 and 10 year old daughers. We were thinking of taking 3 nights 4 days to Big Bear for some enjoyment on big bear Lake like renting a boat. Would we be disapointed after being in magnificent Lake Tahoe? What is there to do in Big Bear for summer family fun there? Thank you kindly for your posts....

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • squidly2's Profile Photo

RE: Would you recommend a family vacation to big this summer?

by squidly2 Online Now Jul 20, 2006 at 10:59 PM

Just wanted to see if you realized the fires in California right now are near Big Bear. Fortunately they're being contained. So I'm not sure that the hiking around the area will be the greatest. bigbear.us/southern-californ...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sandyn's Profile Photo

RE: Would you recommend a family vacation to big this summer?

by sandyn Online Now Jul 23, 2006 at 12:24 PM

You will definitely be disappointed after Lake Tahoe--no comparison. Is the reason for your choice of Big Bear its proximity to SoCal? That's the good thing about Big Bear. They have the same watersports, hiking, biking, etc, but not the enchanting beauty of Tahoe. I'd choose the Sierra's over local mountains any time. How about Mammoth? 6 hours away from LA--beautiful and so much to do as well.

• RE: RE: Would you recommend a family vacation to big this summer?

by duskus Online Now Jul 24, 2006 at 1:11 PM

Thank you so much for your post. Yes, we did know there were fires up around that area. But I guess we are having Lake tahoe withdrawls and wanted to find a nice lake close enough to where we live which is Las Vegas...Your post really helped with our decision thank you so much

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines