Biarritz

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• should i rent a car

by sanju123 Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I am traveling to biarritz with my wife and 6 year old daughter for 4 days should i rent a car if i want to go to lourdes and travel around.

more
    • should i rent a car

by sanju123 Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I am traveling to biarritz with my wife and 6 year old daughter for 4 days should i rent a car if i want to go to lourdes and travel around.

3 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 11:03 PM
    • Biarritz - Bilbao on the morning of June 16th

by joaoterra Online Now May 25, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Dear All,

I have a wedding in Biarritz in June, I will leave on June 16, and I must be in Bilbao on that day at 12:00 (noon), can you please help me find the most economic way of getting there? I can't find buses nor trains, and car rentals are above 400 euros! Please advise, thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
      João Terra

3 Answers May 28, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

What is The Negress ?

by alectrevor Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 6:04 AM

I see that the rail station in Biarritz is a long way from town centre ,my question is what is the Negress is this a district or a street in centre. ?

3 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    • Jobs in Biarritz France

by maevegb Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 5:40 AM

What kind of jobs do the regular people Biarritz have? What is the economy like?

3 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    • skippermax1's Profile Photo

Places to stay near the beach:

by skippermax1 Online Now May 13, 2013 at 6:01 AM

H! I hope you are all well! I will be in Biarritz for a weekend at the end of August (Friday the 23rd & Saturday the 24th)
      I will be travelling with a friend of mine. We are looking for 2 single rooms in a hotel or apartment as near to the beach as possible.
      I have looked up accomodation and found places booked out or very expensive...
      Can you recommend anywhere?
      We will have a rental car, so can travel to stay in a nice place!

I appreciate your advice!

Dave.

4 Answers May 16, 2013 at 6:21 AM
    • silvia1700's Profile Photo

Christmas in Biarritz

by silvia1700 Online Now Oct 17, 2012 at 4:36 PM

My teen son and I, will be spending just 1 day in Biarritz and I was wondering about Christmas Day ... We were in Monaco on Christmas day last year and it was beautiful and going...the little stores were open and we had a blast... Can someone tell me if the city is alive on Christmas day or should we go some other day? Thanks

7 Answers Oct 18, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    • MuratU's Profile Photo

San Sebastian to Biarritz Train or bus

by MuratU Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Hi there,

I'm arriving in San Sebastian next week and will take a day trip to Biarritz. What is the best way to get there? I'll be traveling on Monday, so would I be better off taking PESA bus directly to Biarritz in the morning or the Eusko train to Hendaye and change it to French train from there?

Your feedback will be much appreciated

2 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 4:47 AM
    • Train from Biarritz to Tarbes

by BevnWills Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Hello there,

I wonder if anyone can help. I am arriving in Biarritz in a few weeks time and will be travelling on to Tarbes. I will be getting the train there - but I was wondering if anyone has got this train before and what will the sign on the front of the train say? By the looks of the train network map - the high speed train finishes at Tarbes - but the line carries on further past Tarbes. I will be travelling with my 6 year old son and I am a little worried as my french is very minimal, so I am trying to make life a little easier for me by knowing what to look for!
      Also, does anyone know if it is best to pay for my train ticket on the internet before I go - or is it cheaper to pay on the day?
      I think I will be getting a taxi from the airport to the train station (any ideas how much I would expect to pay?)
      Kind regards and many thanks in advance,
      Bev n Wills x

7 Answers Aug 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    • surf in southwest france

by mmay003 Online Now May 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Hi,

I have the amazing opportunity to spend 10 days in France. I travel for my work, so this is basically a work trip with 10 days off in between.

I love to surf, so naturally I decided on going to the south west corner of France to visit. Does anyone have any suggestions on sites to see, or places to visit? Or on any fun hostel to stay at where I might meet likeminded travelers out to have a good time? I am young, and dont mind hostels or a good time.

I was planning on checking out the Biarritz and Hossegeur area (incorrect spelling I know). As well as heading down to San Sebastion.

Would you reccomend spending more time in Biarritz or in Hossegur?

Also would like to go to Paris, and maybe even up to Bordeux for their annual wine festival. I will be In France from June24th- july 3rd.

Do I need to rent a car, or will it be sufficient enough to use public transportation? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I have very little knowledge on the area as is.

thanks,

Max

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

2 Answers Feb 1, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    • bus from Biarritz to Tardets?

by ATelichan Online Now Feb 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Hello,

I am moving to a home located in the hamlets of Alos-Sibas-Abense (near Tardets) in early March. I will be in the midst of a whirlwind journey by my move-in date, as I will be flying from NYC to Paris and then immediately taking a train from Paris to Biarritz. I then need to find a way from Biarritz to Tardets.

My landlord tells me with certainty that there is a bus from Biarritz to Tardets (although she herself has never used it). I cannot find any information about this on the internet. I am sure that I will be able to confirm all transportation information once in Biarritz, but seeing as I will be weary from so much traveling (with heavy baggage) by the time I arrive there, I would like to knock out as many "unknowns" as possible prior to travel.

Any information on travel from Biarritz to this (Tardets Sorholus OR Alos-Sibas-Abense) will be helpful.

Thank you, Andrew

13 Answers Feb 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    • Travel from Paris to Biarritz

by Marmanon Online Now Jan 21, 2012 at 1:11 AM

How long will it take to drive from Paris to Biarritz on a Saturday in August, my Tomtom say around 8 Hours! But I fear it may be longer with stops and Traffic thanks for you reply in advance
      Mark

6 Answers Jan 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM
    • Biarritz to Mauleon

by lindenfree Online Now Aug 27, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Hi,
      Does anyone have any information about buses/trains that would get me from Biarritz to or near a small place in the French Basque country called Mauleon Licharre? I'm be in Biarritz on Wednesday morning (31st).
      Any suggestions welcome.

3 Answers Aug 27, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    • Stingdaddy's Profile Photo

World Surfing Tour (ASP event)

by Stingdaddy Online Now Aug 25, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Hi all,

A few mates and I are heading to Biaritz for the world surfing event in Hossegor or Seignosse in October. We were planning on staying in Biaritz and hiring a car to go and watch the surfing each day.

We are wondering if it might be better and more fun though to stay closer to Hossegor/Seignosse???

We basically want to watch the surfing each day and also find some waves for ourselves. At night we would prefer to stay somewhere where we can party and have a good time.

Can anyone recommend whether we should stay in Biaritz or closer to the event if we want all the above options??

Also does anyone know a cheap hostel in the region that allows you to combine surf board hire with the accommodation. I have done this before in Portugal.

Thanks a lot.

Ben

1 Answer Feb 15, 2013 at 2:21 AM
    • bilbao airport to biarttz

by ciaran68 Online Now Feb 3, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Hi there, thinking of travelling this june to biarttz via bilbao airport ,has anybody travelled this way and whats the roads like and is the airport easy to get out off,how long would the journey take, thanks ciaran.

2 Answers Feb 3, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    • backyardpony's Profile Photo

work and travel in Biarritz

by backyardpony Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 3:29 PM

hey guys, I'm in my last year of school now and I'm thinking about go on a work and travel trip to France next summer / fall. has anybody ever done this before in Biarritz? Or else, does anybody know local businesses that need seasonal workers, especially in tourism? thanks for your help!

4 Answers Aug 23, 2010 at 2:07 PM
    • Getting to Irun late on a Saturday Night

by joss533 Online Now Jun 21, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Hello,

I arrive in Biarritz late on a Saturday night at about 22.00(bloody budget airlines...) too late to catch a train to Irun. I'm a student who's planning to walk the camino Del Norte ad the whole trip is on a shoe-string so getting a hotel is unfortunatly out of the question. I was wanting to know if any buses to Hendaye would be running at this time (the time table seems imposible to get hold of)or if it is possible to walk to Biarritz train station from the airport and also if its possible to sleep rough at the train station for the night or if it is all locked up.

Anyway any advice would be most welcome!

6 Answers Jun 22, 2010 at 2:03 AM
    • where to eat for a birthday surprise

by lilychiv Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 5:43 AM

Hello - i need to book a table in biarritz for a special meal. Would like it to be quite fancy with a sea view/terrace if possible. About £60/head. any ideas?

• Biarritz to St Jean de Luz

by shida Online Now May 16, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Hi, I am planning on flying to Biarritz and then staying in St Jean de Luz. How can I travel on public transport from the airport to St Jean de Luz? How long will it take?

Many Thanks

• Distance form TGV to airport?

by michellev Online Now Apr 23, 2010 at 6:47 AM

Can anyone tell me the distance from the TGV to the airport in Biarritz? Can we do this by taxi? Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 23, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    • Distance from train station to bus terminal?

by michellev Online Now Apr 23, 2010 at 6:43 AM

Hello. We are travelling to France in June. We will be taking the TGV from Paris to Biarritz and arriving at 9 pm, too late to pick up a car at the train station. We are, however, able to pick up our vehicle at the bus terminal. Can anyone tell us the distance between the two and if we could take a taxi from the train to the bus terminal. Thank you. Michelle

1 Answer Apr 23, 2010 at 6:45 AM
    • PALLINA's Profile Photo

Where to rest in the Atlantic Coast?

by PALLINA Online Now Apr 17, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Hi, in July I am travelling 2 weeks from Grenoble to Dordogne, Bordeaux, Biarritz and Hyries (not only of course). Could you suggest me a nice seaside location in the Atlantic Coast if I want to avoid Biarritz' and Bayonne's summer caos? Moreover, we are going to overnight in bed and breakfast; has anyone some good addresses?

1 Answer Apr 17, 2010 at 1:37 PM
    • Public Transport from San Sebastian airport to Bidart.

by Akhen Online Now Mar 19, 2010 at 2:00 PM

How can I travel by Public Transport from San Sebastian airport (EAS)to Bidart?

1 Answer Mar 20, 2010 at 12:54 AM
    • Biarritz to St. Jean Pied de Port

by taibhsearachd Online Now Jan 15, 2010 at 9:45 AM

What bus would I take to go from Biarritz to the Bayonne railway station and how long would it take me to get there? From there I need to catch the train to St. Jean Pied de Port. I will be travelling on a Sunday in mid-April. Merci pour votre assistance.

5 Answers Jan 15, 2010 at 2:23 PM
    • Biarritz to San sebastian in October

by tonysuchas Online Now Sep 7, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Hi, could anyone help....I arrive FRI oct 2nd at 4.30pm and need to go to san sebastian...then return to biarritz on sunday 4th at 3pm, looks like PESA don't travel, any suggestions....how much would a taxi cost each way??
      Thanks....
      T

3 Answers Sep 8, 2009 at 2:05 AM
    • Weather and Accomodation in August

by casey2006 Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 5:33 AM

Hi,we are thinking of travelling to Biarritz, mid August and staying for a few days before heading down towards Santander.
      Ive read a few reports saying that the weather can be very rainy in August? Can anyone tell me what weather to expect?
      Also, would this be peak season and if so will accomodation be very expensive? We didnt plan on booking accomodation ahead of time, but will that leave us at risk of not being able to get anything decent once we arrive!!
      Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Jul 23, 2009 at 12:17 AM
    • biarritz at night

by bertie22 Online Now Jun 24, 2009 at 1:07 AM

Is there a fire work display on the beach in Biarritz happening on a regular basis.

• Biarritz to pau

by dakna Online Now Jun 18, 2009 at 12:43 PM

We have to go from Biarritz airport to Pau.
      ( we will land at Biaritz at 19.30 )
      is there a train or a bus to pau?
      how long it takes?
      thank you

1 Answer Jun 18, 2009 at 1:30 PM
    • trains or buses from bilbao airport to biarritz

by jacksam Online Now Jun 8, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I am looking for information on train/bus timetables travelling from bilbao to biarritz, thanks.

2 Answers Jun 18, 2009 at 1:33 PM
    • el coquito

by ABELCORDISCHI Online Now May 23, 2009 at 5:45 PM

PARA MEDIADOS DE SETIEMBRE VOY A VISITAR SAN SEBASTIAN Y DESEO SABER (ATENTO A QUE ME TENGO QUE EMBARCAR EN UN VUELO DESDE AEROPUERTO DE BIARRITZ), EN QUE PUEDO TRASLADARME DESDE SAN SEBASTIAN AL AEROPUERTO DE BIARRITZ.UN AGRADECIMIENTO DESDE LA CIUDAD DE MAR DEL PLATA EN ARGENTINA

1 Answer May 23, 2009 at 11:08 PM
    • Working, staying in Biarritz

by Cli1992 Online Now Apr 27, 2009 at 3:54 AM

I am planning to stay and work in Biarritz in the Summer for about a month, june/July. The work will probably not be highly paid and I am a not so wealthy young person who is attracted by the surfing mainly. Any ideas on reeeally cheap accomodation that really doesnt even have to look nice or be comfortable but just within walking distance of the main area which will be essential for if I am working.
      Thanks in advance!!
      Cli

1 Answer Apr 28, 2009 at 12:17 PM