Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Good club, to men's business meeting.

Warsaw Sep 15, 2015 at 9:51 AM

I'm about to visit Warsaw, in order to meet my business partner. I'm looking for a bar/club, that is elegant, calm, and have rich stock of whisky and wine (prices are not important). It would be nice, if there would be some good food. I hope you will guide me somehow!

• meeson's Profile Photo

best restaurants

Warsaw Oct 4, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Hi vt'ers
      I'm off to Warsaw in December for my 40th and would like to eat at a decent restaurant. I'm open to may cuisines so any ideas for me please.

• Traveling with fencers - help!

Wroclaw Sep 17, 2015 at 4:56 PM

I am having trouble finding the fencing club my son is training at on the map. Can anyone tell me what part of town Klub Szermierczy Wroclawianie is located in? I am looking to rent an apartment nearby withing walking distance.
      Here is a link to the club website.

• NatalieMc1's Profile Photo

Could you advise some unusual non-touristic places in Warsaw?

Warsaw Sep 14, 2015 at 4:32 AM

I am goint to visit Poland next month and I have already found a tour guide on
      We will be in Warsaw for a week and the first two days we'll have excursions with our guide but other days we'll be free. Me and my husband are very active people and we don't want to walk in the city center and eat in the restaurants. We would like to see some unusual and non-touristic places, known and popular by locals.
      Could you, please, advise me such interesting places?
      Many thanks

• meeson's Profile Photo

wizzair flights

Warsaw Sep 23, 2015 at 12:39 PM

hi vt'ers

Im off to Warsaw on the 18th December flying with wizzair. whens the best time to book my flights to get the best deal. I was thinking 7 weeks before is about right.
      anyone fly there and can advise me

• Flea markets

by ptr33 Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Hi, I'm traveling through Poland soon, and am looking for (outdoor) flea markets in Bialystok I would greatly appreciate any addresses and advice - thank you!

1 Answer Jun 22, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Bialystok - Kaunas

by Drugness Online Now Jun 30, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Hello all.
      Me again
      I'm hoping to travel from Bialystok - Kaunas on a Thursday morning/evening.
      The problem is, i see the bus doesn't go on a Thursday and that the train (leaving B. around 10.15) doesn't arrive in Kaunas until about 16.30 (LT time)so the day is pretty much gone

Can you knowledgeable folk tell me if these are my only 2 options to get to Kaunas?
      I would have loved to hire a car to cover this route but as i understand it cross-border carhire is a pretty big no no.

Thank you all!

3 Answers Jul 3, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Car hire in Bialystok

by Drugness Online Now Jun 23, 2011 at 5:01 AM

Hello all
      Sorry for opening a new post on this but can someone who is in the know please tell me what car hire companies are available in Bialystok?
      I know that Hertz are not there, but Avis are... but the prices for short term car hire are just scandalous... so if you know of others in the area, i'd love to hear about them!

2 Answers Jun 23, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Cultural attractions close to Bialystok

by Drugness Online Now Jun 20, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Hello all
      I understand this region is very good for nature lovers so thats great, as i plan to visit Augustow too
      I'm not into spending nights camping or hours hiking, and because of this does that make this region a little unsuited to me? I'd like to experience the outdoors but also immerse myself in the cultural side of things.
      Are there are towns or villages near Bialystok which i should definitely visit to see fine examples of restored architecture, castles or nice old towns?
      I'm debating whether its really worth my while stopping off in this region during my trip, or just spend more time closer to somewhere like Olsztyn?
      All tips are much appreciated!

10 Answers Jun 24, 2011 at 5:47 PM
    • St. Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral

by ToniDenis Online Now Oct 28, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Who is the saint whose hand is in the silver reliquary coffin in St. Nicholas church?

1 Answer Feb 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM
    • Relatives in Bialystok

by hollyplex Online Now Jan 3, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I live in the USA and I'm researching my family tree. I've found family members living in Bialystok but have no way of contacting them. Is there a website with local phone numbers or names of residents and their addresses I could access? If anyone knows of a website like this please post. Thank you.

3 Answers Jan 5, 2009 at 1:18 AM
    • Visiting Bialystok and Vilnius

by jaimeroma Online Now Jun 21, 2008 at 5:24 PM

1) We need an English or Spanish speaking tourist guide in Bialystok and/or Vilnius from June 26 to june 29, 2008. Any suggestions???
      2) Do we need visas or driving permits to drive from Bialystok to Vilnius ???
      3) How long does it take to drive from Bialystok to Vilnius and from Bialystok to Warsaw ???

Your answers are greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Jun 24, 2008 at 4:24 AM
    • sunshine9689's Profile Photo

Photography stores

by sunshine9689 Online Now Aug 27, 2007 at 7:02 PM

I`m wondering if there are any serious photo stores in Bialystock (address, name) where one can buy softboxes and backgrounds.

1 Answer Aug 29, 2007 at 4:05 AM
    • Primeval forest

by wladziu Online Now Jun 26, 2007 at 4:42 PM

Is the trip to the primeval forest from Warsaw best taken by car or organized tour? Advisable to spend the night there? Is the trip warranted?

3 Answers Jun 27, 2007 at 1:26 PM
    • Zubrowka Bison Brand Vodka

by pmfish Online Now Jun 25, 2006 at 8:48 PM

Where can this be purchased in the United States? or can you order it from Poland?

Thank you

2 Answers Jun 26, 2006 at 7:30 AM
    • JimTammy's Profile Photo

Where is Rutkinowe?

by JimTammy Online Now Nov 19, 2005 at 9:41 PM

My paternal Grandmother's family is from Rutkinowe or Rajgrod. It does not come up on a search of Poland. Is there a history or something I can track down about it? I will be visiting in December 2005. Please respond if you have info. Family name is Wasielewski. Thank you for your help. Tammy

3 Answers Jan 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    • ronaldpk's Profile Photo

re: buses to Vilnius from Bialystok

by ronaldpk Online Now Oct 2, 2004 at 9:05 AM

I can't find any website showing the timetables for the buses that run between Bialystok and Vilnius, Lithuania. However, I do know that they exist. Can anyone help me out?

2 Answers Oct 2, 2004 at 1:52 PM