change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mamtap's Profile Photo

Nepal Earthquake!

Nepal Apr 26, 2015 at 8:59 AM

If you are looking for your loved ones in Nepal, please call these Emergency Numbers in Nepal provided by Embassy of Nepal:

00977 1 4200258
      00977 1 4200105
      00977 1 4200203

Regards,
      Mamta

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund: How to help

Nepal Apr 29, 2015 at 3:40 PM

As a global company, we believe we have a responsibility to not only support the communities where we live and work, but to lend a helping hand when disasters strike and one is needed. We wanted to let you know that the TripAdvisor Charitable Foundation (which includes VirtualTourist) has made a disaster relief grant to Global Giving in support of their Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund. These funds will support earthquake recovery and relief efforts in Nepal. The Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund will use all donated funds to help first responders meet survivors' immediate needs for food, fuel, clean water, hygiene products, and shelter. Once initial relief work is complete, the organization will transition to support longer-term recovery efforts run by local, vetted local organizations.

If you would like more information on the Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund or would like to donate, you can do so globalgiving.org/projects/ne...

For anyone who may have family or friends in the impacted areas, we are thinking of you during this difficult time.

With kindest regards,
      VirtualTourist

more
    • missing Tyronne white

Langtang National Park Apr 27, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Im looking for my bro Tyronne wade white from australia the last contact from him was from facebook saying he will leave kathmandu on 7/4/15 to go on a 3 week trek alone as far as I know. These were his plans: Off trekking in the morning for 3weeks or so between Kathmandu and the Chinese Border on the Helambu,Gosainkunda,Langtang and Tamang Trails. He may have also went to syafru and dhunche villages. I havent had any contact with him since the earthquake. If anyone has had any contact with him please contact me through email: timmygetfree@yahoo.com.au phone +610410928776. Or facebook brettwhite75 thanks.

more
    • Health post/clinic staff and Langtang population

Langtang National Park Apr 27, 2015 at 1:41 PM

My name is Virginia and I am the founding Trustee of Langtang Valley Health Australia - we set up the clinic/health post in Langtang and employ 2 Nepalese nurses - Sonam and Chandrika. We do not know if they are okay; neither do we know if the President of KGLS , our project partner is ok, or Dawa, or beautiful landlady at Village View Lodge. If anyone has any information about any of the clinic staff or TP from Yak Hotel in Kanjen or Dawa at Village View lodge please let me know. We are desperate for news of them all and also for news of what happened...

more
    • CocoLeeLangkawi's Profile Photo

Finding Wei Wei Ong from Malaysia / Singapore

Langtang National Park Apr 26, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Finding a single female traveler from Malaysia / Singapore.

Name: Wei Wei Ong
      Nationality: Malaysian
      Height: 155cm+-

Note: Not sure date entering Langtang National Park, date between 19-22/5/2015.
      •WeiWei: Please update your Facebook or contact ur brother Hooi to ensure your safety.. God bless...

more
    • MissParamin's Profile Photo

Are you still travelling to Kathmandu/Nepal?

Kathmandu Apr 29, 2015 at 7:06 AM

Hi all,

Following the tragic earthquake which struck Kathmandu and environs, are travellers still visiting? My husband and myself are booked on non-refundable tickets to visit in 3 weeks and I'm a bit nervous. We may do a bit of volunteering but would like to see some of the rest of the country as well....Are there any like-minded travellers out there who will also be travelling there soon?

more
    • Situation beyond Langtang Village?

Langtang National Park Apr 26, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Hello,

Are there any information about the current situation beyond Langtang Village?

My daugther, Ina Sonne, and two of her friends, Sofie and Petter, all about the age of 23 years old and from Sweden should have left Langtang Village for Kyanjing Gompa on Saturday morning according to their plan.
      Our hope is that they can have passed the avalanche area and reached safety further into the valley.

Any information about them is highly appreciated!
      My name is Bjorn Johannisson
      Phone number: +46709873124

more
    • looking for family Bar 2 parents and 3 children

Langtang National Park Apr 26, 2015 at 10:16 AM

Hi

we are looking for Israeli family Bar: mother: Shira Luria, father Michael Bar, son Shefa 14 yeras, son Goni 9 years, daughter Ana 6 years

they might have started yesterday or friday the frozen lakes trek.

They might be travelling with another family Malka Peri 2 parents 3 sons

Thanks for what you are doing

Jonathan

more
    • samwax's Profile Photo

HI Nepal Trip In June 2015

Nepalganj Apr 23, 2015 at 8:54 AM

HI , Nepal Trip In June 2015 , travelling from manali tp nepal , any tips , etc transport etc appreciated specially the weather in nepal , in June 2015 thanks sam

more
    • Located friend at Langtang

Langtang National Park Apr 26, 2015 at 8:17 AM

I have 4 Italian friends staying at a lodge Langtang we can not contact them by yesterday morning before the earthquake thanks Andrea

more
    • Locate a friend in the park area

Langtang National Park Apr 25, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Hi, how affected is the park area due to the earthquake? My colleague's son went for 5-7 day trekking in the area last MOnday. Since yesterday's earthquake news, they are worried about his welfare, he is presently uncontactable. Is there any way to find out? I read articles on Langatang national park police being deployed in the area, how can they be contacted?
      Thanks,
      Nidhi

more