Beverly Hills Travel Answers

change location

Paying my way with Oregon Christmas trees...(maybe?)

by ravensfly2 Online Now Nov 15, 2005 at 12:36 PM

Hiya' from Portland Oregon! My dream right now is to drive a truckload of fresh-cut gorgeous Douglas fir Christmas trees to sell in the L.A to Phoenix, Az area, but wonder if I'm biting off more than I can shake a stick at? (haha!) My first idea is to advertise in the local newspaper and park outside of (perhaps) Pinks HotDog stand (never been there before) for people to pick up and pay for trees? Would I get arrested? Has anyone seen Christmas trees from Oregon sold from a truck this way before? I do have a friend who lives in Mesa, Az and I can park my truck there, but what about other places? San Diego, maybe? I've heard that these trees in past years have gone for approx.100-150 ea (5-7' tall). Does that sound reasonable? I, of course have overhead to figure out: gas prices, cheap motels and rental or buy a used truck. I'm a single mom trying to support 3 kids still at home, so can't afford to lose money on this venture. Any thoughts or advice? (would be greatly appreciated!) :-D

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Paying my way with Oregon Christmas trees...(maybe?)

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Nov 15, 2005 at 4:08 PM

In CA you will need a city or county business license and a retail sellers permit issued by the State for the collection of State Sales tax. But I have seen what the profit can be from selling Christmas Trees brought down from OR and it could very well be worth your while.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • natureday's Profile Photo

RE: Paying my way with Oregon Christmas trees...(maybe?)

by natureday Online Now Nov 15, 2005 at 5:49 PM

Do you have your dsl?
    It sounds good.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines