Beverly Hills Travel Answers

change location

What are good Beverley Hills attractions?

by BBQueen Online Now Oct 12, 2004 at 6:19 PM

Hi everyone, Good to see so many VT'ers out there having a great time! I will be visiting Beverley Hills, CA, in mid-November and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what would be the "have to see" sights if I was only going to be there for 2-3 days. I will have my 1 year old son with me, so places that are suitable for infants would be necessary. PLUS I will be staying close to Rodeo drive and Sunset boulavarde...can anyone tell me the cool places to visit on these streets. Also heard from a friend that Universal studios would be good to visit. Thanks in advance for all advise. Happy VTing!

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • GK2005's Profile Photo

Re: What are good Beverley Hills attractions?

by GK2005 Online Now Oct 12, 2004 at 6:36 PM

Well, Beverly Hill as such doesnt have anything to offer as tourist attractions unless you consider the palatial bungalows of all the stars (in fact, they are indeed a sight to see !!). As for Universal Studios, it would be very difficult witha one year old kid though. You may miss out on all the major Universal attractions such as Earthquake, Twister, Jurassic Park etc etc as it wont be suitable for kids because of the noise.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

by Agraichen Online Now Oct 12, 2004 at 7:14 PM

Not certain a 1-year old would "enjoy" much of anything but you would have stroller rentals at Universal if that helps. The studio tour of Warner is more sedate and historical but not as "exciting." As mentioned most if not all but the tram ride would be off limits to the little one due to noise and sudden movement. Consider going "over the hill" from BH to Griffith park and the LA Zoo. Again strollers are available for rent. The zoo however IS under re-construction so there's lots of detours but it might be more the speed of the child.

• cheap_tourist's Profile Photo

by cheap_tourist Online Now Oct 13, 2004 at 8:29 AM

The Getty Center is quite close to Beverly Hills. I think that it is very infant-friendly. I see a lot of babies when I go there.

• Re: What are good Beverley Hills attractions?

by teejaybee Online Now Oct 13, 2004 at 8:39 AM

As someone else briefly mentioned Griffith Park on a clear evening has a great view of LA. Up by the Observatory is a good place and there are usually a lot of people around so it always feels safe there. Happy Hols!

by daytime357 Online Now Oct 13, 2004 at 9:43 AM

The Getty Museum is one of thebest in the world and is real close you might try one of the many tour buses that leave from local hotels or from h Hollywood area

by joesorce Online Now Oct 13, 2004 at 1:05 PM

The Greystone Mansion is a neat place to see and not far from your hotel. Petersen Auto Museum is cool if you like cars.

by BBQueen Online Now Oct 13, 2004 at 4:11 PM

Wow thanks for all the amazing advice! Travelling experiences really do change when you have an infant with you and I appreciate everyones input. The zoo, Getty Museum and The Greystone mansion were EXCELLENT ideas! My husband and I are not considering spending millions on clothes or trying to spot movie stars - as most BH websites advise. We will be able to plan a funtime with our son without breaking our bank balance. Thanks again all, and happy VTing!

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: Re: What are good Beverley Hills attractions?

by Agraichen Online Now Oct 13, 2004 at 7:27 PM

re:' My husband and I are not considering spending millions on clothes or trying to spot movie stars - as most BH websites advise. " LOL...you would be surprised how many "stars" you walk by not even noticing if they are "in their civies" and not "made up." As a former motor sports photographer, you'd be surprized how many times I walked past Paul Neuman in a driving suit if I was concentrating on another driver. (Paul preferred it that way).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines