Beverly Hills Travel Answers

change location
rmdw's Profile Photo

Reasonably Priced Place for Lunch?

by rmdw Online Now Jun 2, 2004 at 2:52 PM

Next week I'm going out for lunch and my friend wants to do so in Beverly Hills. I just checked out the Beverly Hills restaurants tips and they all look ultra-expensive. Does anyone have any ideas or am I just asking an oxymoron type question?! Also, how expensive is the Cheesecake Factory in Beverly Hils: 364 North Beverly Drive Robert

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Reasonably Priced Place for Lunch?

by Lols4hols Online Now Jun 2, 2004 at 3:09 PM

WHey there! WOW - The Cheesecake Factory - brings back memories for me. Whilst living there, we went to stay with some friends in the Valley, chillin' in the pool etc., so we didn't take a change of fancy clothes *shux* low and behold, they decided to take us for dinner to where? THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY OF COURSE. OMG! I hated it! It was fulla wannabes, overdressed people (I had shorts and vest on and still looked more fab than half of them!) and the food was a tad on the borin' side - in fact in was complete mince (wish it was mince n tawties actually), plus, they served the MGD cold - *a cardinal sin*. Now - don't I just wish that Gordon Ramsay was head chef in that place, lols, I'd have had HIM on the plate. Long time since I've been in there though, stopped living/vacationing long time ago in LA, but I hope you find somewhere that suits you with gr8 food. Best wishes L4H :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

Re: Reasonably Priced Place for Lunch?

by YVRDave Online Now Jun 2, 2004 at 4:30 PM

Ah go for it Robert. The Garden Bistro on Canon Dr had20.00 cheese burgers in 1990. I don't know if it is still there, The Red Onion on Rodeo Dr, it is like a TGIFridays.

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Reasonably Priced Place for Lunch?

by rmdw Online Now Jun 2, 2004 at 4:35 PM

Even if it were my girlfriend and she were promising you-know-what, I'd still be hard pressed to pay that much for a meal!!!

• Eusko_Tren's Profile Photo

Re: Reasonably Priced Place for Lunch?

by Eusko_Tren Online Now Jun 2, 2004 at 5:41 PM

“CPK” or “Chin Chin’s” (both on Beverly Drive) would be your most affordable lunch at40 -60 for two. The Cheesecake Factory will only set you back80-110 for two. You may find a better selection and price in Santa Monica, Venice or even Manhattan Beach. Best, Eusko

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Reasonably Priced Place for Lunch?

by rmdw Online Now Jun 2, 2004 at 6:07 PM

Thanks you guys! Robert P.S. Yubert I've marked down all but the last of the restaurants you listed and will see if my friend wants to try one of them.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines