Bethlehem Travel Answers

change location
i-s-a's Profile Photo

hostel in bethlehem

by i-s-a Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 8:39 AM

hello,

i'll be visiting bethlehem soon and i'm having difficulty finding accomodation over the net. any recommendation? i'm looking for a basic one, budget USD20~50.

thanks,
isa

Quote & Answer
11 Answers
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

Re: hostel in bethlehem

by Gili_S Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Stay in Jerusalem, it is very close anyway.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • i-s-a's Profile Photo

by i-s-a Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 9:04 AM

thanks...but i'm planning to stay 2 days and 1 night, probably 1 or 2days more to visit ramallah.

• unaS's Profile Photo

by unaS Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Probably easier to do each of them as separate 1/2 day trips from Jerusalem.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

by Gili_S Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 12:39 PM

well Isa, if it is too difficult to find a place online, maybe you can just ask while you are already there, I am sure there will many friendly people who would love to help you or even to host you if possible.

• MikeySoft's Profile Photo

by MikeySoft Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Hi isa, Thanks for the email. I went to Bethlehem as a day trip from Jerusalem. They have buses and mini buses running all the time and it does not take that long between the two even with the check point.

Try to get the bus that the checkpoint is on the highway, not the one they lets you off at the wall and you have to walk thought the check point, unless you want to see the wall.

• i-s-a's Profile Photo

by i-s-a Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 6:42 AM

thanks a lot guys. decided to do bethlehem in a day then arrange a tour for westbank. i'll base myself in jerusalem...i think it would be easier that way.

mike, thanks for the bus tip.

• MikeySoft's Profile Photo

by MikeySoft Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 6:58 AM

Your welcome.

You can do Manger Square area of Bethlehem like the Nativity Church and the Milk Grotto on your own. Their will be plenty of taxis around Manger Square offering tours to other areas. I don't know how good they are.

You can also book tours from Jerusalem. Some big tour companies and some small ones. I booked a tour with Mike's Tours (small tour company with mini busses) in the old city of Jerusalem to the Dead Sea, Masada, Qumran (Dead Sea Scrolls), and Jericho. The tour was ok. You only get a driver who gives some tour information. Everyone had to pay admission to Masada and the driver did not go to the top. The tour price was not expensive.

I also took a tour with a big company with big busses to Narishteh and the Sea of Galilee area. They took us to Tel Aviv and back to join a main tour. This wasted a lot of time and had to leave very early and returned very late from/to Jerusalem. The tour price was also somewhat expensive.

You can ask for the latest information about tours and busses at your hostel.

Also have your passport when you leave Jerusalem to go to the Palestine Territories for the check points. Even when you are on a tour.

• waryr8dr's Profile Photo

by waryr8dr Online Now Dec 16, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Hi, I know that you may have already gone on your trip, but maybe this will help someone in the future. I will be going to Bethlehem next week, and I am staying at St Vincent's Guesthouse in Bethlehem. In correspondance they seem to be really nice and helpful. They have a website, which is how I found them. I can't remember the website off hand, but easily searchable( St. Vincent's Guesthouse). As i mentioned, haven't been there yet but seems to be a basic, but nice accomodations. I hope this helps.

• i-s-a's Profile Photo

by i-s-a Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 1:11 PM

thanks chris! yes i'm done with my travel already and stayed at casa nova very near the nativity church. it was not as cheap as what i've been searching but it is very nice place, has good service and in a way a good respite for my busy itinerary. the tourist information office at the square is also very helpful and even recommended a homestay for me.

goodluck on your travels and i hope you'll enjoy bethlehem as much as i did.

• waryr8dr's Profile Photo

by waryr8dr Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Thank you Isa, glad you had a great trip. I will definitely look into the tourist information office. Happy travels : )

• Re: hostel in bethlehem

by beatamic88 Online Now Nov 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Hi!

There is a new cozy hostel in Bethlehem - Check it on Hostel World:
    hostelworld.com/hosteldetail...

There are as well many hospitable people in Bethlehem - why not to overnight at someones house?

In case of any questions I would like to help you: write on my e-mail beatamic88@gmail.com

There is as well a nice website about Bethlehem, there is a lot of info: www.seebethlehem.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines