change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Restaurant Locations and places to stay

by BethesdaMan Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Hello all,

I will be in Bethesda for a training conference for about 4 days. I am pretty adventerous and love trying new places to eat. Can anyone recommend a hotel and some great places to eat? So far I have found some good information here http://m.bethesdamdrestaurants.com but I know there is more out there.

Thanks

• Restaurant Locations and places to stay

by BethesdaMan Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Hello all,

I will be in Bethesda for a training conference for about 4 days. I am pretty adventerous and love trying new places to eat. Can anyone recommend a hotel and some great places to eat? So far I have found some good information here Bethesda MD Restaurants but I am sure there is more out there. Thanks for any help

• Jackiekg's Profile Photo

Craft shops and stamping/heat embossing classes

by Jackiekg Online Now Sep 14, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Hi, I hope to visit near Rockville during the month of November - I love crafts (I make greeting cards) and would like to know of good craft shops in the area and if there are classes on stamping/heat embossing. I do this quite often, even teach it, but I have never seen anyone, except on TV, do this, so I'd love to take part in a class. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

• Commuting to Johns Hopkins hospital from Bethesda

by nd77 Online Now Feb 22, 2007 at 4:44 PM

I'll be commuting to Johns Hopkins Hospital from Bethesda for the next year (one year only). I'll need to be there by 7:30a-8a (get on the road between 6:30a-7a) and I will be leaving from between 5p-6:30p. It won't be a fun commute, but I'd like to minimize the pain for a year. The other caveat is that my wife needs to be within walking distance of the metro. The two areas my wife and I are considering living in are:

1) Grovesnor area of North Bethesda: I'll have easy access to 495 and my wife will be able to walk to the metro.
      2) Downtown Bethesda: My wife will still be able to walk to the metro. However, I'll have a little more difficulty getting onto 495. The best option would seem to be head onto the East-Side Highway and then head north on Connecticut Ave to 495.

I'm wondering if anyone has insight into the commute overall from Bethesda during those hours, and the commute from Downtown Bethesda to 495. I'm worried that the latter will be troublesome, however we would prefer to live in downtown Bethesda for its amenities.

Thanks in advance.

• ct-bound's Profile Photo

NIH living

by ct-bound Online Now Feb 6, 2005 at 10:09 PM

Hi everyone, I've had a lot of good responses in this forum from previous trip-planning questions, so thought I'd try for my 'big move'. I'm going to be starting a job at the NIH in Bethesda, MD in a few months, and will be moving there from Vancouver, Canada. Does anyone have suggestions of good neighbourhoods to live in, within about 10 miles of the NIH? Ideally with good transit to/from NIH nearby? My idea of a 'good' neighborhood to live means within walking distance to coffee shops, a couple restaurants, grocery store and maybe a book store?? Walking distance to a nice park or lake would also really be great, as would somewhere relatively close to paved pathways for cycling or rollerblading?? And of course, somewhere people feel safe enough to walk alone at night and to not have bars on the windows. What is rent like in these areas? I'm hoping for under1200 for a 2-bedroom apartment, or maybe even to buy a place ??? Many thanks for your help :) La

3 Answers May 31, 2005 at 10:44 AM