Bern Travel Answers

change location
dragonflylt's Profile Photo

Hotel Wilhelm Tell - Anyone out there with a Review?

by dragonflylt Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Hello!
I am down to my 6 days before getting to Bern and we are still going back and forth between hotels! Can someone please provide recommendations for this hotel: hoteltell-tonino.com/4481.ht...

? I don't see any reviews in the forums - your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • risse73's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel Wilhelm Tell - Anyone out there with a Review?

by risse73 Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 8:38 PM

You're right, I've searched on-line and can't find reviews of this hotel. It's also not listed on VT. Sometimes "no review" is a good thing. A lot of the reviews out there have a negative bent to it, and most post reviews only after being disgruntled by a business establishment. Although there are occasional favorable reviews from happy customers. Perhaps you can write a review of this hotel on VT when you return from your trip? Another idea is to request active Bern VT members for assistance in evaluating this hotel before you get there? You can check members in that geographical area of the world for help by personally reaching out to them via your VT e-mail. I hope I can better assist you, but I have not traveled to Bern yet.

Good Luck! Hope Someone Else @ VT Can Help You!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dragonflylt's Profile Photo

by dragonflylt Online Now Mar 18, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I have an update about the Whilhelm Tell Hotel. We stayed here for 6 nights and the hotel served its purpose. It was very reasonably priced, extremely clean and strategically located walking distance from the train station. It is about 8 minutes train ride to Bern. Train stop is Munchenbuchsee. This is not your typical hotel with concierge 24 hours etc. It has kinda like a bed and breakfast setting in between nice houses with a suburban feel. Breakfast is included (individual piece of roll, croissant, cheese, jam, and coffee or tea- perfect for us 3). There is also a restaurant in the first floor. Conveniently, there is a Migros (supermarket) accross the street too. The owners/staff were very friendly but they do not speak English. This was no problem to us as we had our local friend to assist. I recommend this hotel if you are not looking for frills and just a very clean place to stay. We were 3 people and felt very comfortable - we mostly were in Bern and traveling around, so we used the hotel as our base just to sleep in. One night we walked to a nice French restaurant from the hotel http://www.haeberlis.com It was delicious. (there are few restaurants around). For reservations to the hotel, use the online email form their website. If you arrive on Sunday make sure to advise them on the time as the hotel is closed on Sundays (like mostly everything in Switzerland) - But they will wait for you if you let them know. (We wrote them in English and they responded in German but we used Google Translate and that worked magic). Oh - there is free wifi :-)
    Safe travels!

• risse73's Profile Photo

by risse73 Online Now Apr 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Hi Laura, this is a good review! I just rated it for its helpfulness to others. You may lose its power to reach others since you posted this review on the VT travel forum, so I highly recommend that you "copy and paste" this review to your own travel page for Bern. Cheers!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines