Bern Travel Answers

change location

looking for apartment

by mitch_koh Online Now Oct 21, 2008 at 9:44 AM

Hi hi,

I’m a student planning to visit Bern university for exchange next year (Spring) I saw that you have rooms for rent but I can’t read German. So, may I know if there is inexpensive place to stay in berne. Any website in English that have info of the rent price, number of rooms and how far is it from the school and super market? Thank you so much for your help.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: looking for apartment

by qaminari Online Now Oct 21, 2008 at 11:55 AM

Do you by any chance think you are speaking to Bern university? Because the "you" who may have rooms to rent but in German could correspond to this part of the university's website, sub.unibe.ch/dienstleistunge...
    What is says is, the SUB has an accommodation office, and it gives you a link to a form to fill in (Wohnungs Ausschreibe Formular) describing your requirements, and contact address to send it to: SUB Wohn- und Dienstleistungsbüro, Brigitte Megert
    Lerchenweg 32, 3000 Bern 9, wost@sub.unibe.ch.
    I would suggest you deal with her, but please bear in mind that you really can't expect everything to be done in your own language, especially to the level of detail you require. Have a look at sub.unibe.ch/dienstleistunge... bearing in mind that Miete means rent (price), "Anzahl Zimmer" means number of rooms and WG means shared accommodation. Few of them give this information but Nähe Uni/Bahnhof means near the university/station; for the rest you'll have to work it out location for yourself with a map of Bern. Don't expect to be told how far the rooms advertised are from the supermarket - local shopping and other facilities are best assessed when you visit the rooms in person.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: looking for apartment

by mitch_koh Online Now Oct 22, 2008 at 7:38 AM

Thanks guys~! I'll keep a look out

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines