change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• LisaLynn0801's Profile Photo

Bermuda Question

Bermuda Dec 16, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Just looking for some opinions on a trip to Bermuda. My husband and I wish take an anniversary trip sometime between Feb-May and I have thought of everything from a carribean island trip, visiting California or a cruise (which we've never done) and I just can't convince myself on anything yet. I know everyone has a different opinion about destinations but anything a world traveler might be able to offer for advice when trying to make the best selection, I would be grateful!

more

Popular Bermuda Travel Answer Locations

• LisaLynn0801's Profile Photo

Bermuda Question

Bermuda Dec 16, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Just looking for some opinions on a trip to Bermuda. My husband and I wish take an anniversary trip sometime between Feb-May and I have thought of everything from a carribean island trip, visiting California or a cruise (which we've never done) and I just can't convince myself on anything yet. I know everyone has a different opinion about destinations but anything a world traveler might be able to offer for advice when trying to make the best selection, I would be grateful!

4 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    • Snorkel Beach Party ?

Bermuda Jul 19, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I keep reading that it is more expensive to book the Snorkel Beach Party through the cruise ship, but it is not clear to me how to make a reservation prior and what the cost includes? Thank you, Joy

3 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 5:53 AM
    • Davidson's of Bermuda

Bermuda Jun 6, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Love items I purchased while there at Dockyard mall
      is there a way to purchase items from Davidson's online.
      also would love to move there someday to get out of NYC. Is that possible. I heard that it can be very hard to do with your government rules.
      thank you
      Linda B

1 Answer Jun 6, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    • Bermuda Day Parade

Bermuda Apr 2, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Where can I watch the 2014 Bermuda Day Parade?

1 Answer Apr 2, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    • Bermuda Day Parade

Bermuda Apr 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM

What is the best place to view the 2014 Bermuda Day Parade?

1 Answer Apr 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM
    • Pembroke21's Profile Photo

Bermuda sights

Bermuda Mar 28, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Taking our first trip to Bermuda in June--any must sees and dos and any don't bothers?

1 Answer Mar 28, 2014 at 1:03 PM
    • loose_motion's Profile Photo

Buying a sim card

Bermuda Mar 8, 2014 at 10:39 PM

I am off to bermuda next week for a short trip and was wondering if I could get a local SIM card for my blackberry bold upon arrival ? Also , does any place have any special themes or events for St Patrick's day ?

11 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    • Accommodations

Bermuda Jan 25, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Is there a hotel or rentals available on the island and who to contact? Thank you.

• Walking distance from cruise ship

Bermuda Aug 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM

We will be docking at King's wharf. My mom, age 79, is mobile, however, she cannot walk for a long distance. How far is it from the cruise ship to the ferry terminal? We want to go over to St. George's.
      Thank-you

1 Answer Aug 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    • Labour Day

Bermuda Aug 15, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I will be cruising to Bermuda and my only full day in port is Labour Day. I would like to get an early start to Horseshoe Bay and also see Gibbs light house and Church Bay. It looks like the first #7 bus doesn't leave dockyard until 10:50. Will the special busses run earlier? What are my other options? Will the light house be open? All information is greatly appreciated.

• loose_motion's Profile Photo

Oct or August ?

Bermuda Jul 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I am planning my first trip to bermuda . I have 5 days at the end of august and then again around the 20th of october . Whats a better time to visit Bermuda ? Is it too hot in august ?

2 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 4:17 AM
    • Bermuda in December

Bermuda Jul 15, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Hello:
      My husband and I are planning to get away from cold NYC in Dec (end of the month). Our requirements are pretty simple: (1) Weather/temp: in the 70s with low or no humidity, and no to not much rain, (2) hang out by the water and good restaurants. We would like to take a relaxing, no hassle vacation for a change.

We are thinking about visiting Bermuda for about 5 - 6 days. What is Bermuda weather/temp like at the end of December? While our goal is to do a lot of nothing, are there any places we shouldn't miss while we are there?

Thanks

2 Answers Jul 15, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    • Surfing in Bermuda-where to rent a board and where is the best swell?

Bermuda Apr 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I'm heading to Bermuda in mid june. It may not be the best time to surf, but I'll be there for week and am hoping at least one of the days there is a swell! Where can I rent a board and what beaches should I be heading towards for the best swell!

THANKS A TON!

-Crystal-

• Bermuda

Sandys Parish Apr 1, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Is there anywhere for a single person (not looking for anyone) to stay for a Bermuda vacation in Sandys Parish or elsewhere in Bermuda and not feel uncomfortable. Willowbank was one such place and I see that it is now closed

• accommodation for single person / camping

Bermuda Jan 27, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Hi,
      I would like to find an affordable place to stay does doesn't charge me for 2 people. (I'm used to hostels!) All the sites only seem to have room based on 2 people. Also, is there any way I could camp and get a camping permit? I've read that this is for locals only
      thanks in advance,

1 Answer Jan 27, 2012 at 6:50 PM
    • Calling the United States

Bermuda Dec 26, 2011 at 1:11 PM

I would like to hear from an experienced travel or native resident about the cheapest way to keep in touch by phone to the U.S.

Specific suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
      Brian K.

9 Answers Dec 27, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    • Considering Bermuda in October

Bermuda Aug 30, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I am considering a relatively short trip to Bermuda in October. I am finding pretty cheap flights, but the lodging seems to all be quite expensive.

Any suggestions on affordable lodging? I don't need 5-star! I'm pretty easy. I just need clean & safe and easy access to some beaches and some interesting attractions to visit.

Any comments are appreciated.

Ben

1 Answer Aug 30, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    • Cedar dolls

Bermuda Jul 19, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Where can I buy Bermuda cedar dolls?

• Access to resort beaches

Bermuda Jun 3, 2011 at 8:58 PM

We are staying at a small guest house a bit away from the water. How easy is it to access beaches at the major resorts, for example Wyndam, Sonesta, and Reefs? Or, are they considered private beaches?

• Charter Fishing?

Bermuda Apr 13, 2011 at 8:04 AM

We are cruising to Bermuda in July and my husand, 2 teenage boys and I would like to do a deep sea fishing trip (probably a 1/2 day). Who do you recommend for a family?

2 Answers Apr 13, 2011 at 6:49 PM
    • January in Bremuda

Bermuda Dec 6, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Is it worth coming to Bermuda in January? Is it hot enough in the afternoons to sit on the beach?

1 Answer Dec 6, 2010 at 2:36 PM
    • Bermuda in February

Bermuda Nov 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I am considering flying to Bermuda from NYC for about five days in mid-February.
      How is the weather? Is if a good time a year etc.?
      Any suggestions of where to stay, price is not a concern
      Thanks and hoping all enjoyed Thanksgiving

3 Answers Nov 27, 2010 at 5:44 PM
    • First time going on a cruise to Bermuda...

Bermuda Jun 29, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Im a first timer and so is my wife to be. We are leaving in August from NY 1 day after our wedding to Bermuda. I was hoping someone can fill me in on the details of Bermuda and answer some of my questions.

First, I noted that my cruise stops in Bermuda for 3 nights, this may sound silly but would we need to get a hotel room for those 3 nights? Or can we go into the city area and then come back to the cruise ship and stay on the cruise ship?

Both, my wife to be and I are vegetarians, any places to eat that can cater to our dining style?

I understand, Bermuda is expensive and the exchange rate is 1:1USD, but what are the typical prices for a meal at a medium level restaurant?

Any safety tips anyone can provide?

How about inexpensive things to see and do in Bermuda? Obviously besides the beaches.

5 Answers Jun 30, 2010 at 3:47 AM
    • Affordable food options in Bermuda

Bermuda Jun 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM

It's our first time visiting the island. My wife, our 2 year-old, and I will be staying in Fairmont Southhampton at the end of June. I heard that things are pretty expensive in Bermuda in general and had some questions:

1) Where do you recommend that we get our currency exchanged?

2) Where are the affordable food options on the island?

3) Are there grocery shops in the area?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Jun 5, 2010 at 7:17 PM
    • Best place to rent a self drive boat in Bermuda

Bermuda Apr 20, 2010 at 8:49 AM

We are staying at the Fairmont Southampton next week. We would like to rent a self drive boat for the day. Any recommendations on where to rent from and also what/where to go on the boat?
      Thanks!!

1 Answer Apr 20, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    • Please help me find a good beach for my vacation...

Bermuda Feb 6, 2010 at 1:46 PM

We will be ariving in Bermuda April 24. I understand the beaches don't offically open untill May. I would like to find a nice beach where I can rent a chair and possibaly get a tropical refreshment. Does anyone know what beach would fit this criteria? We will be arriving by cruise ship near the Hamilton area. Thanks : )

• Bermuda or Bahamas?

Bermuda Nov 20, 2009 at 6:33 AM

I am a middle-aged mom, thinking of taking my college-aged daughter on a one-week trip. I am considering Bahamas or Bermuda - have never been to either. We could go either in mid-March, or late May. We'd like to enjoy swimming, beaches, snorkeling, hiking (if that's available). Historical sites also interest us. We don't want huge crowds of tourists. Night life/fine dining are not important, though we don't want to be in an isolated spot with absolutely no restaurants.

1. Which would be better, Bahamas or Bermuda? Is either unsafe for two women? I know there are many islands in the Bahamas - any particular recommendations?

2. Which month would be better, March or May? Obviously the weather cannot be guaranteed, but I don't want to discover that it's always too cold to swim in March.

Thanks.

4 Answers Nov 22, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    • King's Wharf

Bermuda Sep 9, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Traveling to Bermuda on NCL. Arriving at King's Wharf. Where is this on the island? What are good ways to get to Hamilton?

3 Answers Sep 9, 2009 at 7:00 PM
    • JeanneP's Profile Photo

Season

Bermuda Aug 31, 2009 at 10:56 AM

What is the best time of year to go from the US??? Thanks !

1 Answer Oct 9, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    • collegeprof's Profile Photo

Three Questions- Sightseeing Cruise? Elbow Beach? Transportation from King's Wharf?

Bermuda Aug 24, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Hi, We will be in Bermuda for 3 days, staying on NCL "Spirit," and do not want to book the excursions as they are so expensive. 1. I am hoping to find a sightseeing cruise around the island for my husband and me which I could book before we leave. Does anyone know of one? 2. Will we be able to use Elbow Beach - the public area and rent chairs and use their restrooms? 3. How can we get from King's Wharf to Elbow Beach? Thank you all so much! Marilyn

1 Answer Aug 24, 2009 at 8:38 AM