Berlin

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Clubbing in Berlin

by AsketA Online Now Yesterday

We will be in Berlin for 4 days in December.looking for some clubs.we are 3 boys from India.wondering what we should wear (as it is Winter) so we can get into clubs like berghain and watergate.

more
    • Dekeboo's Profile Photo

italian restaurant recommendations

by Dekeboo Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 6:10 AM

Hi,

Where is a good child-friendly Italian restaurant in Berlin?

Thanks in advance

more
    • Hard to get in to the night clubs?

by halleballe Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Me and two friends are planning to visit Berlin in the end of august, sunday to thursday, and we would like to go to some of the night clubs. My main concern is that we wont come in as I have read here and there that many non german people wont come in, just because they not are german, at least in the really "popular" ones. The club I would like to visit the most and have one of my favorite djs playing on the sunday is kater blau, many of the reviews says that they weren't welcome when the bouncers noticed they were non german. We are closer to our 30's then 25, from scandinavia and know how to behave most of the time. It would seem to be such a let down if we werent welcome when we have stood in a line for an hour...

more
    • SteveL75's Profile Photo

Solo Travel in Berlin - Scared!!

by SteveL75 Online Now Aug 11, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Hi - I am travelling next week to Berlin and wondering the best way to meet people? I'll be staying in a hotel and quite liked the idea of booking a pub crawl is it strange to go to one of these alone? Any advice appreciated, quite keen to meet people on my trip.

Thanks, Steve

more

One day left!

by Dekeboo Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 6:55 AM

Hi

We have one full day that we can use left on our holiday and are struggling to find something to do.

I have googled and read numerous lists but we have covered a lot of them.

Our requirements are:
      Must suit 6yo and adult.
      ideally indoors (it's very hot here at the moment and the kid is averse to it).
      If outdoors then some water activity where can cool off would be ideal.
      Would like something new so not:
      Lake swimming
      Tropical islands
      Boat tour
      Museum visits
      Zoo
      Would like something animal related if possible?
      I know these are quite specific requirements but any feedback greatly received.
      Happy to travel up to two hours from Berlin Hauptbahnhof

more
    • kavass's Profile Photo

what to do when it's hot?

by kavass Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 11:08 PM

I'M travelling with my 16 year old son to Berlin this Sunday. I am slightly worried about the heat. Any good tips on what to do when it's a hot day in Berlin?

more
    • 1 week in Berlin

by S-h-a Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Hi,

On the 2nd week of this December I would like to visit a city in Germany as I love Christmas Markets. I was thinking of Berlin.

Do you think that this is a good idea?is there enough things to do in Berlin. I wouldn't like to go inside museums.

What about the weather? Will I be able to go around?

Are there any nearby places that I can visit?

I thank you so much beforehand.

more
    • Travel in Berlin

by blackie4242 Online Now Aug 16, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Hi,

Few questions about travelling in Berlin.
      Seems a good option to buy one of the Berlin Welcome cards as travel passes included. So travelling
      in 6th October and leaving 11th, Is it possible to buy a day pass at the Schoenfield airport to cover first day and the 5 day pass covers the rest?
      U-Bahn,S-Bahn I understand but trams maybe not so well. Is there link/URL showing where the lines run, times & stops (are the stops automatic or only if people getting on/off)? Or are there no specific times for trams?

many thanks

more
    • Clubbing in Berlin

by AsketA Online Now Yesterday

We will be in Berlin for 4 days in December.looking for some clubs.we are 3 boys from India.wondering what we should wear (as it is Winter) so we can get into clubs like berghain and watergate.

• 1 week in Berlin

by S-h-a Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Hi,

On the 2nd week of this December I would like to visit a city in Germany as I love Christmas Markets. I was thinking of Berlin.

Do you think that this is a good idea?is there enough things to do in Berlin. I wouldn't like to go inside museums.

What about the weather? Will I be able to go around?

Are there any nearby places that I can visit?

I thank you so much beforehand.

10 Answers Aug 22, 2015 at 4:19 AM
    • Travel in Berlin

by blackie4242 Online Now Aug 16, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Hi,

Few questions about travelling in Berlin.
      Seems a good option to buy one of the Berlin Welcome cards as travel passes included. So travelling
      in 6th October and leaving 11th, Is it possible to buy a day pass at the Schoenfield airport to cover first day and the 5 day pass covers the rest?
      U-Bahn,S-Bahn I understand but trams maybe not so well. Is there link/URL showing where the lines run, times & stops (are the stops automatic or only if people getting on/off)? Or are there no specific times for trams?

many thanks

12 Answers Aug 18, 2015 at 11:19 PM
    • SteveL75's Profile Photo

Solo Travel in Berlin - Scared!!

by SteveL75 Online Now Aug 11, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Hi - I am travelling next week to Berlin and wondering the best way to meet people? I'll be staying in a hotel and quite liked the idea of booking a pub crawl is it strange to go to one of these alone? Any advice appreciated, quite keen to meet people on my trip.

Thanks, Steve

6 Answers Aug 18, 2015 at 5:48 AM
    • kavass's Profile Photo

what to do when it's hot?

by kavass Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 11:08 PM

I'M travelling with my 16 year old son to Berlin this Sunday. I am slightly worried about the heat. Any good tips on what to do when it's a hot day in Berlin?

8 Answers Aug 7, 2015 at 12:38 PM

One day left!

by Dekeboo Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 6:55 AM

Hi

We have one full day that we can use left on our holiday and are struggling to find something to do.

I have googled and read numerous lists but we have covered a lot of them.

Our requirements are:
      Must suit 6yo and adult.
      ideally indoors (it's very hot here at the moment and the kid is averse to it).
      If outdoors then some water activity where can cool off would be ideal.
      Would like something new so not:
      Lake swimming
      Tropical islands
      Boat tour
      Museum visits
      Zoo
      Would like something animal related if possible?
      I know these are quite specific requirements but any feedback greatly received.
      Happy to travel up to two hours from Berlin Hauptbahnhof

6 Answers Aug 5, 2015 at 11:26 PM

italian restaurant recommendations

by Dekeboo Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 6:10 AM

Hi,

Where is a good child-friendly Italian restaurant in Berlin?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Aug 5, 2015 at 8:46 AM
    • Hard to get in to the night clubs?

by halleballe Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Me and two friends are planning to visit Berlin in the end of august, sunday to thursday, and we would like to go to some of the night clubs. My main concern is that we wont come in as I have read here and there that many non german people wont come in, just because they not are german, at least in the really "popular" ones. The club I would like to visit the most and have one of my favorite djs playing on the sunday is kater blau, many of the reviews says that they weren't welcome when the bouncers noticed they were non german. We are closer to our 30's then 25, from scandinavia and know how to behave most of the time. It would seem to be such a let down if we werent welcome when we have stood in a line for an hour...

5 Answers Jul 30, 2015 at 10:17 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Boat round trip on the river

by agathi Online Now Jul 26, 2015 at 5:02 PM

We would like to make a boat cruise on the river in Berlin, not sth different from what we have done in London where we reached Greenwitch and back again, or in Paris where we made a round trip from Notre Dame to the Eiffel tower. In both trips we departed with a little before sunset and came back when the lights of the city where on. But there seem to be too many options here in Berlin, of course with some being excluded from the beginning because they last too much. Do you have any personal experience so that we can see the best of Berlin (older parts with historical buildings and bridges)? Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 4, 2015 at 9:21 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

berlin tram

by agathi Online Now Jul 26, 2015 at 12:44 PM

Pls can you tell me how do passengers get on/off the tram since it is moving in the middle of the street and cars come and go at both its sides?

4 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 12:59 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

u-bahn questions

by agathi Online Now Jul 25, 2015 at 8:02 AM

Why is there an u-bahn entrance on the road called Zinnowitzer Strasse for U6, when there is no such stop in the schedule of the line U6? Isn't this a bit confusing? I can't understand how this works. Any help? Thank you.

7 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 4:05 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

berlin metro

by agathi Online Now Jul 25, 2015 at 5:25 AM

Hello my friends. Pls tell me does the U-bahn system in Berlin declare the last station on a route at a label on the entrancen before going down the stairs into the corridors or after you go downstairs? That means we have to use another entrance to get to the correct platform? Because, until now, we could choose the direction of a line after going downstairs. Thank you.

6 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 1:13 AM
    • krimbow's Profile Photo

Leaving a two man tent behind

by krimbow Online Now Jul 6, 2015 at 3:01 PM

I am camping in Berlin for five nights and then I am flying home.
      I want to leave my leave in Berlin for next year when I return.
      Its a compact two man tent that weighs only 3.5 kilos and ideas where
      I could stash until I return?

12 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 11:51 PM
    • anamzulueta's Profile Photo

Safety tips for Berlin/Good areas to go out

by anamzulueta Online Now Jul 2, 2015 at 1:26 AM

Hello! I will be visiting Berlin for a few days now in a week. We are staying in the Mitte area. Since I have never been to Berlin I want to be extra cautious. I was wondering what areas we should stay away from or bars/clubs that are in safer areas.

Any general tips/cool places to go would also be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

7 Answers Jul 5, 2015 at 9:06 AM
    • anamzulueta's Profile Photo

Where is the best place/neighborhood to stay in Germany? Best things to see?

by anamzulueta Online Now Jun 25, 2015 at 9:32 AM

Hello! My sister and I are going to Berlin for 3 nights and we are in our younger twenties.

I'm not sure where to stay because I see a lot of things in Mitte as far as famous sites but I also want to stay somewhere that is easily accessible to some more local places and fun bars/shops. I basically want to break up the trip with seeing the most important spots along with going to less touristy locations/beer gardens to get a well-rounded trip.

If you have any suggestions about locations to stay and also great places to see, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

5 Answers Jun 28, 2015 at 3:16 AM
    • Public transport

by blackie4242 Online Now Jun 24, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Hi,
      Is there a reduced public transport service at weekends or is it justa normal service?

Many Thanks
      Jon

5 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 7:58 AM
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

3 nights 2 days

by RamkrishnaPaul Online Now Jun 10, 2015 at 1:43 AM

we are going to Berlin for 3 nights in July . Please advise the best places to visit .. How we get the passes or ticket without a long Q. From were we can buy the tickets or passes??

1 Answer Jun 10, 2015 at 8:59 PM
    • Where to see the CL Final in Berlin.

by Johan81 Online Now Jun 5, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Anyone who can recommend a good place where I can see the CL Final in Berlin tomorrow. (except on the Olympic Stadium ;-) )

//Johan

• 4 days in Berlin

by Romain007z Online Now May 30, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip, and we might spend 4 days in Berlin next August.

Do you guys have a suggestion for the accommodation, cheap and well located?

What would you say are the "must-see"? Do you have any other recommandation? :)

Thank you,
      Romain

1 Answer Jun 5, 2015 at 12:20 PM
    • Planning a week's trip in and around Berlin

by exploringtheglobenow Online Now May 13, 2015 at 4:30 AM

My husband and I are planning a week's trip in mid of June 2015. We would like to have something of everything in this trip. Which of the places around Berlin can be coverd in a single day return journey and where should we plan for a stay apart from Berlin?
      Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 6:52 AM
    • Places to leave luggage around Brandenburg Gate

by mrzelda Online Now May 5, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Hi, we will be arriving in Berlin early in the morning but our host won't be able to meet us till the afternoon. We were intending to go for the free walking tour (meeting point at Brandenburg Gate) before we meet our host. Are there any safe lockers that we can store our travel backpacks near Brandenburg Gate? I read that Friedrichstrasse station has lockers to store luggages, but are they big enough for a normal travel backpack? Thanks!

2 Answers May 6, 2015 at 5:25 AM
    • TheView's Profile Photo

-will the local-trains run in Berlin

by TheView Online Now May 3, 2015 at 2:50 PM

The train conflict will it also stop the local railways and U-bane in Berlin?

21 Answers May 12, 2015 at 5:11 AM
    • JourneyOf1's Profile Photo

Berlin to Amsterdam

by JourneyOf1 Online Now Apr 26, 2015 at 7:57 AM

What is easiest travel choice from Berlin to Amsterdam for a first time traveler who only speaks English (my nephew, aged 24 American)? By bus or train is preferred, reasonably priced, and he'd like to leave tomorrow, 27 April. I checked a few places and most seemed around 100€ round trip, by bus, but as I understood you might have to change buses during the trip. I've lived in Germany several years but have never routed through the Netherlands except by plane, so I am unsure how to direct him. Thanks a lot for whatever help or suggestions you can provide!

-1 Answer Apr 26, 2015 at 8:08 AM
    • Simoncusonnet's Profile Photo

hotel and transportation from schoenefeld airport

by Simoncusonnet Online Now Apr 19, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Hello, I'm going to visit Berlin in May, and with Easyjet, I land In Schoenefeld, (south Berlin) I'd like to book an hotel which would be easy to reach from the airport, and of course no too far from the centre or from a subway station. Price around 100$ /night is ok, the lower the better, but I don't mind. 

What would you suggest, take a taxi (I arrive around 11pm) 

Any help appreciated, it's hard to fing something on the site itself... 

Simon

3 Answers Apr 23, 2015 at 3:43 PM
    • jkb1's Profile Photo

night life

by jkb1 Online Now Apr 17, 2015 at 11:19 AM

visiting Berlin from 08 jun to 10 jun with my wife. Can you suggest night club to spent night on Monday or Tuesday.
      regards

• Buying a travel stroller in Berlin

by ShellyLav Online Now Apr 7, 2015 at 8:53 AM

Where can I buy a baby travel stroller in Berlin (possibly brand Maclaren)?

2 Answers Aug 6, 2015 at 11:59 PM
    • SXF to Friedrichshain

by jlhenry5 Online Now Apr 7, 2015 at 7:05 AM

What's the best way to get from SXF to Friedrichshain? Would it be easier to take a taxi? What would the approximate cost of a taxi be? We have 4 people and will all have luggage.

2 Answers Apr 23, 2015 at 3:43 PM
    • Tegel airport to Kreusberg

by koi-5 Online Now Apr 4, 2015 at 3:43 AM

Hi, first timer here !! Can anyone give advice on best way for 6 adults to get from Tegel airport to Schonestrasse 3 Kreusberg, Movenpick hotel, cheers in anticipation .

2 Answers Apr 4, 2015 at 5:17 AM
    • WillieWortel's Profile Photo

live Jazz in Berlin

by WillieWortel Online Now Mar 28, 2015 at 6:13 AM

Are there any Jazz clubs with live jazz performances? Names and adresses please.

2 Answers Mar 29, 2015 at 8:17 AM
    • Nightlife.

by Turist07 Online Now Feb 24, 2015 at 4:45 AM

can anyone recommend me some clubs in Berlin where I can listen good techno,minimal,where entrance and drinks are not too expensive..

1 Answer Feb 24, 2015 at 5:07 AM