Berlin

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bnb bookings is it good

by ruthsie Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I am travelling to Berlin and I plan to book through BNB as it is cheaper than a hotel, we are two adults, one kind. What would be the safe neighborhood to stay at. a place where it is safe to walk, that has food stores, family oriented, you know SAFE! Not too many bars or night life since we are a family not planning to party :)

more
    • MedioLatino's Profile Photo

Berlin with Kids

by MedioLatino Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Dear Berliners,
      I would like to take my family including a 4 and a 1 year old girl to a city trip in June.
      My stupid general question: is Berlin kid friendly, offering good fun for them as well? :)
      Also: can we rent a bike and a trailer for the 2 of them?
      Danke schön,
      MediLatino (Attila from Budapest)

more
    • Airport to city

by marykeatley Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 8:29 AM

what is the cheapest and most convenient way to get from the airport to the city

more
    • Pergamon Museum Query

by Golpe Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 2:26 AM

I want to buy an online ticket for the Pergamon Museum. I am given 2 options: admission ticket for 11 Euro ticket and area ticket for 17 Euro. I am especially interested in seeing the Ancient Near East Exhibition.
      What is the difference and is the additional 6 Euro worth it?
      Thank you.

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Berlin areas

by Turska Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 10:06 AM

We are hopefully visiting Berlin at june or july, and I am checking out the prices of the trip. We would rent a flat (from homelidays, onlyapartments, vrbo or something like that) if we do come, and I did check some prices.
      What kind of area is Wedding? It was in many renting pages. (i first thought, that why are they mentioning "wedding" in apartment info ;)
      We´d like to stay in area, where there is quite a lot of restaurants to choose from (places to eat) and hopefully some craft brewerys or something like that. I checked interesting pubs and places from "rate beer"-page, but there were many of them. We are not interested in any other kind of nightlife (night clubs, discos etc).
      Of course it should be with good connection to all the museums and historic places, but it´s nice to stay closer the apartment for late dinner and good beer after "running around" all day.

more
    • BERLIN Neighborhoods

by ruthsie Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hello all! Thank you in advance for any information. I am travelling to Berlin on JUne 13 for 4 nights, I am renting an apartment but I do not know which neighboorhoods are good for two women and a child :) to stay at. Could you please name good areas I could look into? Thank you

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Berlin areas

by Turska Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 10:06 AM

We are hopefully visiting Berlin at june or july, and I am checking out the prices of the trip. We would rent a flat (from homelidays, onlyapartments, vrbo or something like that) if we do come, and I did check some prices.
      What kind of area is Wedding? It was in many renting pages. (i first thought, that why are they mentioning "wedding" in apartment info ;)
      We´d like to stay in area, where there is quite a lot of restaurants to choose from (places to eat) and hopefully some craft brewerys or something like that. I checked interesting pubs and places from "rate beer"-page, but there were many of them. We are not interested in any other kind of nightlife (night clubs, discos etc).
      Of course it should be with good connection to all the museums and historic places, but it´s nice to stay closer the apartment for late dinner and good beer after "running around" all day.

6 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • Airport to city

by marykeatley Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 8:29 AM

what is the cheapest and most convenient way to get from the airport to the city

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    • BERLIN Neighborhoods

by ruthsie Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hello all! Thank you in advance for any information. I am travelling to Berlin on JUne 13 for 4 nights, I am renting an apartment but I do not know which neighboorhoods are good for two women and a child :) to stay at. Could you please name good areas I could look into? Thank you

13 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • bnb bookings is it good

by ruthsie Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I am travelling to Berlin and I plan to book through BNB as it is cheaper than a hotel, we are two adults, one kind. What would be the safe neighborhood to stay at. a place where it is safe to walk, that has food stores, family oriented, you know SAFE! Not too many bars or night life since we are a family not planning to party :)

2 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 3:44 AM
    • MedioLatino's Profile Photo

Berlin with Kids

by MedioLatino Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Dear Berliners,
      I would like to take my family including a 4 and a 1 year old girl to a city trip in June.
      My stupid general question: is Berlin kid friendly, offering good fun for them as well? :)
      Also: can we rent a bike and a trailer for the 2 of them?
      Danke schön,
      MediLatino (Attila from Budapest)

2 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 10:09 PM
    • Pergamon Museum Query

by Golpe Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 2:26 AM

I want to buy an online ticket for the Pergamon Museum. I am given 2 options: admission ticket for 11 Euro ticket and area ticket for 17 Euro. I am especially interested in seeing the Ancient Near East Exhibition.
      What is the difference and is the additional 6 Euro worth it?
      Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • What is the best way to see Berlin and Paris in about two and half days each

by dimberdamber Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 8:36 PM

My wife, two young adult children, and I will be in Berlin in a few weeks on a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, then we will fly to Paris for a full Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and then fly out Sunday. We are not rich or poor, are interested in art, culture, museums, history, and ambiance.. For our first time--what do you recommend. We have our hotels arranged--in Berlin in Charlottenburg, and in Paris near the Eiffel Tower. Thanks

4 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 11:10 PM
    • Kreuzberg bars/pubs

by jeroenjeroen Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 4:49 AM

I am a teacher, and I'll be visiting Berlin from Wednesday till Friday. Thursday evening, between 21:00 and midnight, me and my group of 18 year old students will take a break from our busy program and go have a drink in some bars/pubs/cafes in Kreuzberg. Is there any particular street you could recommend to us to start the evening ? Or does anybody know a nice pub (s)he could recommend ?
      Thank you for your answers.
      Jerome

2 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 4:43 AM
    • room with jacuzzi

by kruffka Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Hi, in some days my seeman is coming back home.. I want to make a surprise for him and make some reservation in any hotel in Berlin for 2 days. My dream is a room with bathroom with jacuzzi in it. Can u help me ? Maybe u know some hotels like that , but not exactly Hilton, Radisson, etc. where prices are to high for me.. It can be not in the middle of a city. I know German language, so we can travel a little bit.
      Thanks a lot for any help !! :))

2 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 8:15 PM
    • Carrying around suitcase

by busygirl53 Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I am traveling around germany for 11 days. I will be staying 2 nights here to nights there. What do I do with my suitcase? Will hotels hold it for me? I am staying at hotels not hostels. If its a check out day but I am still spending the day out and about for museums and then leave the city later on

5 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 10:01 AM
    • vickiepmusic's Profile Photo

Spending summer 2014 in Berlin!

by vickiepmusic Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Hey, I'm a 21 year old female from Glasgow, Scotland. I've booked a one way flight to Berlin for June 2014 and hoping to spend my summer in the beautiful city :)
      I'm a busker and planning to take all my gear with me to busk over there, can anyone recommend the best places to busk and any other useful tips for busking in Berlin?
      Also, as I will be staying roughly 3 months and doing this on my own, I'm looking for the best accommodation advice for my stay.
      Any help would be much appreciated :) And if you will be in Berlin around the same time, and are looking for a travel buddy let me know! Cheers :)

6 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 12:41 AM
    • Kava bar in Berlin

by planck Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 5:01 AM

I'd like to visit some bar in Berlin and try Kava-Kava drink. Preferably in a chilly atmosphere, not uptight one like a fancy restaurant. What can you recommend me? I can't find anything on Google.

4 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    • Cheap Motor Homes

by monaal Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 3:07 AM

Hi I am looking for motor home companies in berlin .
      Not that expensive companies . looking for rental in the month from 1st july to 9th july 2014

1 Answer Jan 29, 2014 at 5:11 AM
    • Restaurants in Charlottenburg

by Jakevhs Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Hi, I am new to Berlin city and was wondering if any one could suggest me any good restaurants in Charlottenburg,Berlin City.

1 Answer Jan 11, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • FRIED BALTIC HERRING

by nilsriess Online Now Dec 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM

A restaurant suggestion?

1 Answer Dec 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    • Accommodation on New Year's Eve

by fliss2014 Online Now Dec 23, 2013 at 1:59 AM

My friends and I are on an Europe trip now. However, we cannot find a place to stay in Berlin on the New Year's Eve. All the hostels are either fully booked or really expensive. Would anyone have a couch for us to stay in on 31 Dec to 2nd Jan? Or just a floor is good enough. Thank you.

6 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    • arturowan's Profile Photo

Berlin>0dessa by autobus?

by arturowan Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 4:23 AM

0dessa tourism website says there is a no change service from there to Berlin, but it does not give schedule & times, just says the operator is Transglobal travel - but I cannot find company website - has anybody travelled from Berlin to 0dessa with them?

1 Answer Dec 10, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    • Cosy pub in Berlin

by mridulavk Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 1:21 AM

What is the best pub to visit in Berlin that is not too expensive? We would be staying in Mitte. Not a high-end place but more like a warm cosy one. And any idea if they server wine in shoe-shaped glasses?:-)

1 Answer Dec 6, 2013 at 5:06 AM
    • Weekend travel buddy/guide -BERLIN

by iasked Online Now Nov 26, 2013 at 4:02 PM

College student travelling to Berlin from the 7th to 10th of December. Will be staying at the Lux 11, Berlin Mitte. Looking to hit the usual tourists spots and at the same time open to alternatives. If you're in town on the dates and want to explore Berlin together let me know :)

• Berlin to Prague Train, stopping for a few hrs in Dresden

by BrianD86 Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I am looking on Bahn.de for a train from Berlin to Prague on Wednesday December 4. If I buy the ticket under 'savings fares' , which comes out to 39euro for the 10:46am train...am I able to get off the train at Dresden and get back on a few hours later to go to Prague, with the same ticket?
      Also, does anyone know of a luggage storage near the train station in Dresden? Thank you!

5 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    • ErinMM's Profile Photo

Airport to train help

by ErinMM Online Now Nov 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Hello! We will be arriving at Berlin's TXL airport and need to get from there directly to the Berlin Hbf train station. We've never been to TXL, will be arriving after a very long day of travel, and at night - in the dark - so I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me with specific directions to save us some time and frustration. I believe there is a bus we need to catch from TXL to the train station? The last leg of our flights brings us from CDG in Paris to Berlin, if that helps with knowing what part of the airport we'll come into. Any help with signs to look for, or directions would be wonderful. Also, the Brandenburg-Berlin train ticket will cover that bus ride from the airport to the train station - is this correct? And is there something we need to do to validate the ticket before we get on the bus? Thanks so much in advance! ~Erin

5 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    • bandarove's Profile Photo

Football (soccer)

by bandarove Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM

hello, im new in berlin and im staying like 3 weeks up to a month and i would like to play football with a team playing for exercising or for fun...and it will be great if is it near my place (ku damm street )
      can you help me guys?

4 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM
    • johnworden's Profile Photo

Public transport to Tegel Airport?

by johnworden Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I'm having a hard time finding a good map of the U-bahns and S-bahns, but it appears to me that they do not go into the airport, and I would have to take another form of transport from a nearby U-bahn station. Am I right?

8 Answers Nov 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    • Classical music in Berlin

by LucasHolguin Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I've heard that in Berlin there is a lot of classical music festivals, what do you think is the best one? how many orchestras are there in Berlin?

4 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    • Copenhagen to Berlin

by mridulavk Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 7:18 AM

What is the cheapest way to travel from copenhagen to Berlin?

5 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 2:47 PM
    • evadeen's Profile Photo

mauerpark flea market

by evadeen Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM

hello!does anyone know which days and what hours is the Mauerpark flea market active?thank you!

2 Answers Nov 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    • From Brussels to Berlin by car!

by TravellingCA Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on driving from Brussels to Berlin and back and was wondering if there are any interesting must-see sites along the way.

Many thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

3 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 2:05 AM
    • adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Reichstag coupole - worth it at night?

by adelinemmc Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Hi all
      I'm going to berlin for work and I have a bit of time after meetings. I'd like to register to visit teh Reichstag coupole and have a choice of late at night (around 20:00) or early in th emorning at around 8:00. I'm tempted to go at night but will it be worth it? Should I rather drag myself out of bed early and get the day time view?
      What would you advise?

Regards
      Adeline

7 Answers Nov 10, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    • Purush's Profile Photo

tourist attractions

by Purush Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Can someone suggest me major tourist attractions in AB zone (Must visit places). If possible can be done in evenings/ nights since during the day I am busy...

3 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM
    • Purush's Profile Photo

72 hours card

by Purush Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 12:45 PM

In fact I have landed in Berlin and by mistake purchased a 72 hours Card and since from 8.00 AM to 8.30 PM I will be busy there is no opportunity to use this card and when I am returning even that day also I cannot use as 72 hours period will be over by that time so in nutshell for a consumption of EURO 2.60 I have spent 24.50 EURO. Can I resale to someone ? Is that allowed ?

3 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM