change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Stag Party Berlin

by giducko Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Hi,

We are planning a bachelor party in Berlin this August. Any recommendations for location, accommodation, activities?

• We are all 27 years old and on a medium/high budget, looking mostly to party and have fun. we like bars and are up for some clubs as well.
      • Not sure if to go for a hotel or apartment.
      • Heard Mitte , Potsdamer Platz are good areas.
      • Looked up a place called Cozy Berlin @ Potsdamer Platz , the pictures look really nice but couldn't find any reviews of the place

Any help and information would be really appreciated.

Thanks

more
    • Accommodations in Berlin

by starrystarry Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Looking for recommendations for a nice, reasonably priced, motel or hotel in Berlin

more
    • aydos's Profile Photo

hotel in east side

by aydos Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I will be traveling to berlin with my boyfriend in september, I want to stay in the artsy, old part of berlin ... any suggestions for a not-so-expensive but unique hotel/ B&B ?

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Places to buy camera lenses at the centre?

by Turska Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM

At least some years ago the camera staff where cheaper in Germany than in Finland. I´m not sure if it´s still so, but is there any shops at the centre where I could go and find out??

more
    • Accommodations in Berlin

by starrystarry Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Looking for recommendations for a nice, reasonably priced, motel or hotel in Berlin

4 Answers Yesterday
    • aydos's Profile Photo

hotel in east side

by aydos Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I will be traveling to berlin with my boyfriend in september, I want to stay in the artsy, old part of berlin ... any suggestions for a not-so-expensive but unique hotel/ B&B ?

5 Answers 8 hours ago
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Places to buy camera lenses at the centre?

by Turska Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM

At least some years ago the camera staff where cheaper in Germany than in Finland. I´m not sure if it´s still so, but is there any shops at the centre where I could go and find out??

5 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 1:57 AM
    • Stag Party Berlin

by giducko Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Hi,

We are planning a bachelor party in Berlin this August. Any recommendations for location, accommodation, activities?

• We are all 27 years old and on a medium/high budget, looking mostly to party and have fun. we like bars and are up for some clubs as well.
      • Not sure if to go for a hotel or apartment.
      • Heard Mitte , Potsdamer Platz are good areas.
      • Looked up a place called Cozy Berlin @ Potsdamer Platz , the pictures look really nice but couldn't find any reviews of the place

Any help and information would be really appreciated.

Thanks

1 Answer Jun 30, 2014 at 12:31 AM
    • construction work along Unter den Linden

by fneeb Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Does anyone know if the construction work on the underground line is going on along the part of Unter den Linden where the Zeughaus and Bebelplatz are? If so how much does the construction work affect access to these two places?

3 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 9:42 AM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

Bar where we can see the WK game: Belgium - South Korea 26th of june

by Saar123 Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Hi,
      We will be in Berlin next weekend ( last weekend of june) and would like to go to a bar where we can see the game Belgium -South Korea on the 26th of June. Preferably in Kreuzberg.
      We are 4 women, by the way ;-)

Thanks!!

2 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • Area around Bergmannstrasse

by fneeb Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Can anybody tell me what the area around Bergmannstrasse is like? I hear that it's full of beautifully restored old apartment blocks.

3 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 3:21 AM
    • renovations of State Opera House

by fneeb Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 8:37 PM

I heard that the State Opera House on Unter den Linden is undergoing renovations. How much of the Bebelplatz is affected by the restoration works?

7 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    • Economic trasportation Berlin-Dresden-Prague-Viena

by soulwave Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 5:51 AM

I plan to visit Europe during winter .What is the best buy (economic) land traportation for this trip, starting from Berlin-Dresden-Prague-Viena .

I checked eurorail the cost around 340 Euro/person, valid 2 month.

regards

6 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 11:08 PM
    • krimbow's Profile Photo

Wild camping in the city

by krimbow Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Is it possible to camp wild in City?

13 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 10:42 PM
    • Kreuzburg Area

by fneeb Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Has anyone who's traveled to Berlin been to the Kreuzburg area. Some say it's really cool and Bohemian. Others say it's full of immigrant gangs.

4 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 8:14 AM
    • Berlin or Vienna?

by fneeb Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 5:51 AM

I'm spending a month in Europe. I'm on a budget and have to decided to travel to Eastern Europe because it is cheaper. I'm just wondering if I should go to Berlin or Vienna?

20 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 3:57 AM
    • TheCeleste's Profile Photo

Where to buy organic veggies in Berlin?

by TheCeleste Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 2:15 AM

What are the best places in Berlin to buy organic produce (weekly markets, supermarkets, anywhere)? We'll be staying in a b&b in Wedding next month.

2 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 4:02 AM
    • mikonoda62's Profile Photo

Berlin or Prague in 3 days

by mikonoda62 Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 3:25 AM

Which city should I choose between Berlin & Prague if you are an architect?
      please help.

8 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 6:13 PM
    • krimbow's Profile Photo

Camping in Berlin

by krimbow Online Now May 31, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Which is the closest camp-site to the city that I can pitch up my tent?

4 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 6:48 AM
    • getting to the hotel from the airport

by clo50 Online Now May 26, 2014 at 1:53 PM

is there a shuttle from schoenefeld airport to the center or how much will be a taxi for 3 people ?

6 Answers May 27, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • Fan meile safety

by sddebo107 Online Now May 25, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I have visited Berlin three times in the past and I love the city and it's people. I have never had any bad experiences and in fact I can only think of wonderful examples of Germans making me feel welcome. With that being said, I plan on watching the USA play against Germany in this summer's World Cup. I have watched games at the fan meile before ('06 WC and '08 Euro Cup) but I have never actively cheered against Deutschland at the fan meile. I am a loud but very respectful fan. I really hope the US and Germany advance as they are my second favorite team. Mainly bc my wife and I love their country, but and I would appreciate any info if possible. Are there any safety concerns or past incidents I should know about?

Also, a secondary question - I have only entered the fan meile by the Brandenburger Gate entrance. Is there also an entrance/exit at the back? I think my hotel is closer to the rear. Thank you for any help and advice.

3 Answers May 28, 2014 at 3:42 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Roadworks at Mitte

by Turska Online Now May 17, 2014 at 4:56 PM

We are choosing an apartment during our stay in August, and trying to choose from two best looking options.
      The other one is at Mulackstraße, and when I look with Google street view, the street seems to be full of road works. Is there any page to find out if they are ready allready?
      Another one is at Choriner Straße, but the apartment is at 5th floor (I belive it even means 6th floor counting at "Finnish way") and there is no lift.. Once I had problem with my knee at Rome after lot of walking for 10 days, and I´m little worried, if it would happen again and us staying at 6th floor..

5 Answers May 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM
    • zuriga's Profile Photo

Restaurant Tips

by zuriga Online Now May 9, 2014 at 9:37 AM

We'll be in Berlin next week, staying near the Zoo area. I've been there before but it was years ago. I'd appreciate any tips for nice restaurants nearby where we could have dinner. Any cuisine is OK and price isn't a consideration.

6 Answers May 11, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Berlin Museum pass

by Turska Online Now May 1, 2014 at 2:47 AM

Do you think Berlin museum pass 35e for 5 days is worth the price? We are interested in many kinds of historical museums. In Berlin I don´t think we will visit art museums, since there is so many historical museums allready. Or maybe Kunstgewerbemuseum, but not anything with paintings. There is a list of museums it includes, but it would take some time to click the ticket prices of all of them, so if there is someone like us, who has used it, is it worth it? One thing that makes me wonder, is the fact it is for 5 days. We will stay 11 days, and then we would need to visit all the museums in 5 days..

Another thing: I´ve heard there is a museum of hairdressers, but I can´t find it. Maybe it´s not there anymore. Or can someone find in if you google in German? I can´t speak German more than some words learned in travelling..

4 Answers May 2, 2014 at 4:41 PM
    • 68maciek's Profile Photo

3 days by bike, outdoor and spring in Berlin?

by 68maciek Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Hallo,

My family is going to enjoy 3-4 spring days in Berlin in May as my teenager has a break from school. He will unfortunately spend days on skateboarding, but we want to do some outdoor (if no rain).
      I need you input about bike trips (on our own, not with tour operatores).
      First comes to my mind the route Berlin- Potsdam via Grunewald area.
      Give me just other proposals to discover Berlin from bike perspective please.
      Any particular places to visit in spring time in Berlin (also by foot)?
      Other outdoor alternative in Berlin (we don't skate ;-)?
      Cheers,

Maciek

2 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 4:49 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Berlin areas

by Turska Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 10:06 AM

We are hopefully visiting Berlin at june or july, and I am checking out the prices of the trip. We would rent a flat (from homelidays, onlyapartments, vrbo or something like that) if we do come, and I did check some prices.
      What kind of area is Wedding? It was in many renting pages. (i first thought, that why are they mentioning "wedding" in apartment info ;)
      We´d like to stay in area, where there is quite a lot of restaurants to choose from (places to eat) and hopefully some craft brewerys or something like that. I checked interesting pubs and places from "rate beer"-page, but there were many of them. We are not interested in any other kind of nightlife (night clubs, discos etc).
      Of course it should be with good connection to all the museums and historic places, but it´s nice to stay closer the apartment for late dinner and good beer after "running around" all day.

6 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 6:32 PM
    • Airport to city

by marykeatley Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 8:29 AM

what is the cheapest and most convenient way to get from the airport to the city

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    • BERLIN Neighborhoods

by ruthsie Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hello all! Thank you in advance for any information. I am travelling to Berlin on JUne 13 for 4 nights, I am renting an apartment but I do not know which neighboorhoods are good for two women and a child :) to stay at. Could you please name good areas I could look into? Thank you

13 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • bnb bookings is it good

by ruthsie Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I am travelling to Berlin and I plan to book through BNB as it is cheaper than a hotel, we are two adults, one kind. What would be the safe neighborhood to stay at. a place where it is safe to walk, that has food stores, family oriented, you know SAFE! Not too many bars or night life since we are a family not planning to party :)

2 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 3:44 AM
    • MedioLatino's Profile Photo

Berlin with Kids

by MedioLatino Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Dear Berliners,
      I would like to take my family including a 4 and a 1 year old girl to a city trip in June.
      My stupid general question: is Berlin kid friendly, offering good fun for them as well? :)
      Also: can we rent a bike and a trailer for the 2 of them?
      Danke schön,
      MediLatino (Attila from Budapest)

5 Answers May 7, 2014 at 1:22 PM
    • Pergamon Museum Query

by Golpe Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 2:26 AM

I want to buy an online ticket for the Pergamon Museum. I am given 2 options: admission ticket for 11 Euro ticket and area ticket for 17 Euro. I am especially interested in seeing the Ancient Near East Exhibition.
      What is the difference and is the additional 6 Euro worth it?
      Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • What is the best way to see Berlin and Paris in about two and half days each

by dimberdamber Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 8:36 PM

My wife, two young adult children, and I will be in Berlin in a few weeks on a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, then we will fly to Paris for a full Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and then fly out Sunday. We are not rich or poor, are interested in art, culture, museums, history, and ambiance.. For our first time--what do you recommend. We have our hotels arranged--in Berlin in Charlottenburg, and in Paris near the Eiffel Tower. Thanks

4 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 11:10 PM
    • Kreuzberg bars/pubs

by jeroenjeroen Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 4:49 AM

I am a teacher, and I'll be visiting Berlin from Wednesday till Friday. Thursday evening, between 21:00 and midnight, me and my group of 18 year old students will take a break from our busy program and go have a drink in some bars/pubs/cafes in Kreuzberg. Is there any particular street you could recommend to us to start the evening ? Or does anybody know a nice pub (s)he could recommend ?
      Thank you for your answers.
      Jerome

2 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 4:43 AM
    • room with jacuzzi

by kruffka Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Hi, in some days my seeman is coming back home.. I want to make a surprise for him and make some reservation in any hotel in Berlin for 2 days. My dream is a room with bathroom with jacuzzi in it. Can u help me ? Maybe u know some hotels like that , but not exactly Hilton, Radisson, etc. where prices are to high for me.. It can be not in the middle of a city. I know German language, so we can travel a little bit.
      Thanks a lot for any help !! :))

2 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 8:15 PM