Berlin Travel Answers

change location
christine.j's Profile Photo

Klimperkasten -Has anyone been there?

by christine.j Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 5:13 AM

We'll be in Berlin again and are looking into going to a show or a play in the evening. I came across the "Klimperkasten" but couldn't find a description of the seats there. Are they very close together? I've been in some theatres where my knees were right next to my ears, because there were so many rows of seats crammed into the audience. I'm suffering from a mild form of RLS and cannot sit like this any more. (Not that it was much fun anyway)
Has anybody seen a play in the Klimperkasten? Can you stretch your legs there, at least to some extent?
Another play which looked nice was Inspector Campbell's last Case, but here I was able to find a description of the seating area. It said many people left in the interval, because sitting was just too uncomfortable, far too close together.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Kimi_the_Bear's Profile Photo

Re: Klimperkasten -Has anyone been there?

by Kimi_the_Bear Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Our Berlin informant who usually has been at most cultural events in the city has not been there yet. But you sit at a table (like) in a restaurant because you can book tickets with or without meal. Klimperkasten is inside the Ratskeller in Charlottenburg.

Info from their website:
    "Die Gäste sitzen an 6-Personen-Tischen, die bei Kartenbestellung reserviert werden!
    Alle Getränke servieren die Kellner des Ratskeller Charlottenburg zu normalen Preisen."

kabarett-klimperkasten.de/ka...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

Re: Klimperkasten -Has anyone been there?

by christine.j Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Kimi, thank you very much. Sitting at a table seems to be quite comfortable.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines