Berlin Travel Answers

change location
lolo5's Profile Photo

washing machines salon near potsdamer platz

by lolo5 Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 1:00 AM

hello
i shall be at the berlinale for 10 days so i am looking for a salon with washing machines where to do my laundry, not too far from Potsdamer Platz where I shall stay; any ideeas? Thank you!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Jerelis's Profile Photo

Re: washing machines salon near potsdamer platz

by Jerelis Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 3:29 AM

I know there is a laundy called Pinguin Textilpflegemeer.

The address is: Friedrichstraße 142 and is 1 kilometer away from the Potsdamer Platz.

I hope this will help.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Turtleshell's Profile Photo

by Turtleshell Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Pinguin is not a Do-It-Yourself-Laundry, and are you positive that's just their company's office in Friedrichstraße?

I guess Lolo needs to take the subway to Rosenthaler Platz (U8). There is a pharmacy at the crossroads Weinbergsweg/Torstrasse. Go down Torstrasse to find two DIY-Laundries: Torstraße 109 ("Eco Express") and Torstraße 115 ("Schnell & Sauber").

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

by Jerelis Online Now Jan 25, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Hello Turtleshell: thank you for your feedback.

I was in Berlin in the year 2007 and at that time it was a do it self laundry. Maybe that has changed over the years?

• lolo5's Profile Photo

by lolo5 Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 4:48 AM

many thanks! but what about on the other side, from tiergartenstr towrads budapesterstr and zoo train station? is there anything like the Seld Washing salon over there? what is the name of the chain? many thanks! I could also give them to a regular washing place , just NOT at the hotel (where it is too expensive)! many thanks again!

• Turtleshell's Profile Photo

by Turtleshell Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Jerelis, I don't know. I am living near Munich now, and when I was in Friedrichstraße last year I didn't really need a laundry. Judging from Google Earth, there doesn't seem to be a self-service laundry, but I could be wrong of course.

Lolo5, I found this site:
    berlin.cityilike.com/de/Wasc...
    Perhaps it is best to copy the addresses the page provides into Google Maps or Wikimapia and see what comes out of it.
    Or you could ask a local, e.g. a taxi driver if he knows of a "Waschsalon" around there. Please note, a "Waschsalon" is a self-service laundry as opposed to "Wäscherei", which is not self service.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines