Berlin Travel Answers

change location
toronto40's Profile Photo

S-Bahn

by toronto40 Online Now Mar 21, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I will be arriving in Berlin at Hauptbahnhof train station. Where can I buy a ticket for the S-Bahn. I am going to Hackescher Markt. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: S-Bahn

by johngayton Online Now Mar 21, 2012 at 2:43 PM

You'll find the BVG yellow ticket machines at the S-bahn station. You can a single ticket, day ticket or spome of the various passes from these. They are pretty easy to use and have an "English" language option.

You'll find all the info on the BVG site:

bvg.de/index.php/en/17102/na...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • abalada's Profile Photo

by abalada Online Now Mar 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM

> I will be arriving in Berlin at Hauptbahnhof train station. Where can I buy a ticket for the S-Bahn. I am going to Hackescher Markt. Thank you.
    How do you arrive at Hauptbahnhof - by train? From where?
    A train ticket to Berlin is good to travel by train to any train station in central Berlin (= Berlin public transport zone A, anywhere inside the S-Bahn ring). Thus you can just proceed with your ticket by regional train or S-Bahn to any train station in central Berlin, e.g. to Hackescher Markt.
    Only if you want to use the U-Bahn (metro), trams or buses you need to buy an extra ticket for local public transport.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

by Roadquill Online Now Mar 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

The S-bahn seemed to be able to take you pretty close to most places. Once in Germany if you ask for assistance you will find the Berliners extremely helpful. Karl

• Re: S-Bahn

by micolett Online Now Mar 22, 2012 at 2:13 AM

May be your trip takes you through Alexanderplatz station (worth checking...)
    In that case, it's only a few minutes walk from Hackesher Markt.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines