Berlin Travel Answers

change location
roamer61's Profile Photo

Museum Tickets

by roamer61 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Is it necessary to reserve tickets for the Pergammon Museum and Egyptian Museum in May? I've read the lines can be long.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Nemorino's Profile Photo

Re: Museum Tickets

by Nemorino Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MikeBird's Profile Photo

by MikeBird Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Hi Dave,
    If you buy the Berlin Welcome Card with the additional Museum entrance you can skip all of the queues and head straight for the door. The lady just whisked us through. We felt very smug!

If you're heading for Berlin the Welcome Card is a really good way of saving money and time. For more details visit: visitberlin.de/en/welcomecar...

Hope you have a great trip,
    Mike

1 member found this helpful

• roamer61's Profile Photo

by roamer61 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 4:08 PM

But don't you still have to reserve a select time for entrance?

• abalada's Profile Photo

by abalada Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Generally you have to. What Mike described works only at less busy times.

The Pergamon Museum and the Neues Museum (Egyptian Collection) require time slot tickets.

http://www.neues-museum.de/?lang=en

You can do this online - but this shop is only in parts translated and poorely done.

https://secure.smb.museum/smb/shop/ticket_list.php?museum_id=25&exhibition_id=0&lang=en

With the Pergamon Museum you have to select "Eintritt frei 0,00 EUR" (free entrance) on the 3rd page if you will have a Belin Musuems Pass or a Berlin WelcomeCard Museumsinsel. With the Neues Museum you have to select "Zuschlag 4,00 EUR" (surcharge) as there is a special exphibtion and these passes cover only the basic entrance fee (which is however not offered during this temperoray exhibtion).

You can get such a time slot ticket also the counters of all 5 museums on the Museum Island. Thus first counter of one other 3 and than to the Pergamon or Neues Museum is a good alternative method at busy times.

2 members found this helpful

• MikeBird's Profile Photo

by MikeBird Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Ah yes you're right about my easy access and non timed ticket entry. I visited in the days between Christmas and New Year of 2011. I guess it was a quieter time of year.
    Mike

• roamer61's Profile Photo

by roamer61 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Don't know if I will get the Welcome Berlin Card. Depends where I intend to go, etc. It may be cheaper in the long run to simply buy the individual tickets, if any. Will need to do some math.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines