Travel Answers
Bergerac

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• is Premiere Classe Agen to the town centre walkable ???

Agen Dec 10, 2014 at 6:40 AM

is Premiere Classe Agen to the town centre walkable ???
      If so , how long would it take ??
      thanks

more
    • Roman town ruins near Nerac

Nérac Dec 6, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Hi All
      Does anyone know of the ruins of a Roman town open to the public with cafe etc in the Nerac area. Visited the area last year with a friend but were unable to find it. Once back at base were able to find it's website online but cannot now remember what it is called and cannot seem to bring it up again no matter what search terms I use.
      Thanks
      ndeg

more
    • Prehistoric caves visit

by dunnboat Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 1:13 PM

A friend and I are taking a one week riverboat cruise starting 30/Sept and ending 06/Oct in Bordeaux, and would like to visit the Lascaux cave reproduction and possibly others in the area. Are there any one or two day tours from Bordeaux to the region? One of us will be coming from London and could fly directly to Bergerac. Are there tours from there, or possible a private guide to visit the area? Any advice will be appreciated.

6 Answers Aug 24, 2014 at 9:42 AM
    • oxoman's Profile Photo

Canoeing in Bergerac, France region

by oxoman Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Where is the best place for white water canoeing within 2 hours of bergerac. most canoeing we have found in this region is very idle and nice, we want some challenges but are beginners.

4 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 10:40 AM
    • Can anyone suggest a good day trip from Bergerac by train?

by SJaneS Online Now Feb 20, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Hi

We (myself, my partner and 4 year old daughter) will be in Bergerac for 4 days in July. We will be car less and would like to take a trip or two outside of Bergerac by train and see the best of the region. My four year old gets very bored on trains for more than one and half hours. Can anyone suggest one to two great places to visit? Thank you!

2 Answers Feb 20, 2012 at 7:15 AM
    • Travelling to Gavaudun??

by D1james Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Hi, I'm flying to Bergerac soon and want to get to Gavaudun. I am not driving and will be travelling with children. So far I've realised that I'll probably have to get a taxi to the city centre, as there are no bus/trains from the airport. Any suggestions on how I can travel from the airport/city centre to Gavaudun would greatly appreciated!

Many thanks.

3 Answers Aug 16, 2011 at 4:00 AM
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Domainedu Haut Baran

by videolady12 Online Now Oct 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM

My husband and myself would like to book a place near Puy l'Eveque. In order to book with the place, they require total payment as of December for a place in March via check. Is this appropriate?

5 Answers Oct 26, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    • Bonneys's Profile Photo

Christmas in the Dordogne

by Bonneys Online Now Dec 8, 2007 at 2:03 AM

Please can you tell us what's happening in Bergerac at Christmas? We are there from 21/12/07 until 31/12/07 and are perticularly keen to know what to do on Christmas Eve that doesn't require dancing and loud noises!!
      We are looking for something refined and quiet but something that will get us into the Christmas spirit!
      Look forward to hearing from you.

H & P

1 Answer Dec 9, 2007 at 2:58 PM
    • Boat Trip Query

by beejay999 Online Now Mar 18, 2007 at 4:48 AM

Where does the boat trip start in Bergerac, and how often during the day does it sail. Will be there on April 20 & 21 2007.

• Jivegirl's Profile Photo

Visiting Bergerac /Bordeaux

by Jivegirl Online Now Jul 23, 2004 at 5:30 AM

My husband myself an 3 year old son are flying to Bordeaux in september (cheap flights oh yes). Not sure whether to stay in Bordeaux or Bergerac and travel around.. Would Bordeaux be too big and busy for a small boy ? Or are we best getting a hotel with swimming pool (hoping for good September weather!) in Bergerac and visit Perigieux ,Sarlat and Bordeaux for the day etc.Is ther enough to see in Bergerac for a week. We are into sightseeing and relaxing at quiet cafes etc with a good meal and a drink ...our son has known the word "pub" and Daddys "juice" from an early age!. We usually rely on public transport but gather it is not so easy to get around in this area so we may splash out on car hire. Also had thought any hotels in Bordeaux would be of the ibis kind cheap and cheerfull but have heard the area around the station(where they seem to be is far out from the centere and dodgy. Bergerac hotels with swimming pools seem to be near Bergerac station but hopefully has none of the dodgyness of the Bordeaux station area. Are there any good local food festivals etc on in September.. Any advice anyone can give Id be grateful our son is into boats trains swings and carousels

5 Answers Sep 6, 2004 at 2:04 AM