Bergamo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Parking in Bergamo

by Sandie2707 Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Please can you tell me if there are any parking for tourist near the funicular.

6 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    • Bergamo - Gardaland

by galeacilia Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 3:21 AM

We will be visiting Lake Garda in July .
      Maybe someone would help me to get to Gardaland resort hotel from bergamo airport ?

6 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation.

by Maurizioago Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Could you suggest a nice budget bed and breakfast or hotel in Bergamo?

Thanks!

10 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 12:12 PM
    • Io viaggio in Lombardia ticket from Bergamo Orio Al Serio airport

by clivevp Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 7:02 AM

We will be arriving at Bergamo airport in a few weeks and wish to buy two of the 7 day IVOL tickets for €41.10 each.

Please can anyone tell me:

1. Can the tickets be bought at the airport?
      I know I can get them in Bergamo at the SAB offices or the train station but wondered if they could be obtained at the airport tourist information desk or automated ticket machines.

2. Are the tickets valid for the #1 bus from the Airport into Bergamo?
      I know the tickets are not valid for the airport to Milan shuttle buses. I also know the tickets are not valid for the Malpensa train to Malpensa airport but cannot find any exclusions relating to Bergamo urban buses.

3. If I manage to get the IVOL tickets at the airport then do I need to buy a €2.10 ticket for a large suitcase when using the #1 bus into Bergamo?
      This would be the case if I were buying €2.10 timed tickets but is included when purchasing ATB 24 of 72 hour tickets. I cannot find any info regarding the situation with the IVOL ticket.

Thanks

7 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    • Snow in Bergamo

by travelspo Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Does it snow much in Bergamo? And if so which months and how much?
      Cheers

7 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • paullilley's Profile Photo

Bergamo to Como transfer

by paullilley Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 9:27 AM

What are the options to transfer from Bergamo to Como

2 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM
    • Places to visit around Bergamo

by daveblue Online Now Jan 24, 2014 at 9:14 AM

How near are the lakes and is there transport to these

5 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • Travel from Bergamo airport to merate

by dvthorne Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 3:17 PM

WE are flying into Bergamo airport and would like to travel to Merate. Which is the best route and how long would it take? Should we consider a taxi instead?

5 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • ArnisB's Profile Photo

Taxi from centre to Bergamo airport

by ArnisB Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM

How much would a taxi cost from the city centre to Bergamo airport (early in the morning, at 5 a.m.?)

9 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    • Wedding around Lake Iseo or Bergamo

by booju Online Now Nov 29, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Hi, my fiance and I want to get married around Lake Iseo in May 2015. We already know where we want to stay in Bergamo as we visited a couple of years ago and love the place so I just need to sort out a venue for the wedding and a photographer. I have emailed the Town Halls in Sarnico, Lovere and Iseo to ask how I would arrange a civil wedding but no-one has replied. I wonder if there is anyone local who knows how I might sort this out? If I can't get married around Iseo then I would like to get married in Bergamo so if anyone has any information at all I'd be grateful. We preferably want to arrange it all ourselves to save money on a wedding planner but all suggestions are welcome. If anyone could tell me prices for local photographers I would be grateful.

Many thanks

7 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 4:16 AM
    • What to pack?

by diplomaitalian2014 Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I'm going to Bergamo on Wednesday, What kind of clothes should i bring ?

4 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    • airport transfers

by laurencaldwell1992 Online Now Oct 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM

i am going to verona on the 28th of october, but am flying in to bergamo airport as it is the only direct flight. i was wondering if anyone knew how to get from bergamo to verona. our flight arrives at 22.50 on the monday, so we would miss the last train from bergamo train station. any ideas?

20 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    • aterola's Profile Photo

textile shops in Bergamo?

by aterola Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Hello, maybe somebody knows if there are and where there are textiles shops in Bergamo, I would like to buy some silk, wool fabrics for fashion units when traveling there. Thank you ..

11 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    • Transport Wanted

by suesrob Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Can anyone help, I need transport on 5th September from Bergamo Airport at 16.00pm to Sirmione and return to the airport on 12th September at 9am. I wondered if anyone wanted to share transport or I am looking at having to pay £180 for car hire, so anyone who can do it for less I would be interested to hear off you. Thanks

1 Answer Aug 25, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    • What to see in a couple of hours?

by bestestfriend Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Hello everyone, I will arrive at the Bergamo airport at 12:20 and my next flight is at 19:20. What do you suggest I visit in this period? I saw on the bus schedule that it stops at the city centre and then at Citta Alta, what is better, to go to the centre or Citta Alta and then get back? Thank you

10 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • Bergamo-Malpensa airport

by bestestfriend Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Hello everyone, I saw that there are some similar questions, but they are now 7-8 years old, so maybe there have been some changes. I'm planning a trip and one of the planes lands in Bergamo at 12:20 while the other leaves Malpensa airport at 18:00. Is that enough time to go between the two airports and what is the cheapest way of doing it. Thank you

8 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    • SamLaming's Profile Photo

Anyone leaving Bergamo airport soon?

by SamLaming Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Hey there, if anyone is leaving from Bergamo airport to anywhere any time soon, PLEASE, PLEASE, let me know - a friend and I were there yesterday and my friend has left behind something incredibly important - between checking our hand luggage in and going to our gate 6 there are some toilets, in the female side my friend there left a book, signed by the author with a very personal note that means the absolute world to her. My email is samlaming@hotmail.com, maybe the cleaners have got rid of it, we've tried the lost and found but no luck, this is super, super important to me and my friend and anyone able to help would mean the world. The book is called pa kanten. I am willing to pay anyone who finds the book an agreeable amount for their time effort and postage. Mucho gracias!

2 Answers Apr 19, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    • Bergamo to Savona

by aspiringcruiser Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Hi, we are considering trying a short cruise holiday from Savona but nearest airport (flying from Ireland) seems to be Bergamo. We would be arriving the night before the cruise departure date (at end of May) and flying out of Bergamo again two days after cruise finishes. The return flight leaves very early in the morning. Can someone please advise us on travel between bergamo airport and savona port/recommend where to stay before and after cruise? We will be travelling with three kids and two grandparents who are not fit for steep/long walks or heavy lifting but we do plan on travelling as light as possible (flying with ryanair!) If all this has already been answered please feel free to direct me to the relevant threads - thank you :-)

8 Answers Mar 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    • Need to go to Ranica

by MARSI.MED Online Now Jun 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Please can anyone tell me how to go from the airport Orio al Serio to Ranica. It will be my first time in Bergamo and also I will carry a LOT OF BAGGAGE, because I will stay one year in this city. I really hope I will enjoy it.
      Thank you in advance.

3 Answers Feb 15, 2013 at 5:55 AM
    • nyperose's Profile Photo

Bergamo meeting - which restaurant on the 31st of May? I can't see it due to a computer error

by nyperose Online Now May 26, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Hi:-)

I wanted to print out the different sheets about the restaurants and activities in Bergamo today, and unfortunately I get an error message (which I hope is only temporary) but the result is that I cannot see the Bergamo pages at all. I will come to the early registration on Thursday at 4pm, but can anyone tell me the name and address of the restaurant where we'll be eating on the 31st?

Thank you in advance for your help:-)

Ellen

14 Answers May 27, 2012 at 2:53 AM
    • Bergamo, Albino and Gorno

by Siena Online Now May 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I will be arriving in Bergamo in August and will drive to Albino and Gorno. Can anyone recommend accommodation in either of those places for 1 night? Also, is there a free walking tour of Bergamo?

2 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

are there any CAR-museums close to Bergamo

by globetrott Online Now Mar 31, 2012 at 5:13 PM

are there any CAR-museums close to Bergamo, in a distance of maybe a bit less than 2 hours by train ?

6 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM
    • tiakos's Profile Photo

bergamo,cheap hotels

by tiakos Online Now Mar 20, 2012 at 1:42 PM

hi!!im wondering where to go for a couple of days..i saw bergamo at photos and i think its a fantastic destination,but im thinking also go to verona!do you know if i could find cheap hotel in bergamo??could you please suggest me fews!thanks :)

2 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    • Bergamo: A couple: 3 days: Food: where to stay: Walking; What else to do

by mmi1 Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Hi, we are flying into Bergamo on April 1st for 3 days without our children. We would like to do some hillwalking, eat good food and stay in somewhere with a bit of character. As our time is short we would prefer to stay as local as possible and get all of the above. Any ideas?? Really appreciate any feedback

6 Answers Mar 21, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    • Spring snow and floods

by efsunderland Online Now Mar 1, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Does your area typically experience flooding when the Alps melt? There has been so much snow this winter, we are concerned that the roads may be impassible.
      We are planning to travel through Bergamo in early-mid May 2012, and are interested in seeing the mountains to the north - ex. Stelvio area.

3 Answers Mar 1, 2012 at 5:42 PM
    • TRAVELING WITH INFANT & CHILDREN (BERGAMO TO LAKE GARDA)

by jdseckc Online Now Feb 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF ANYBODY COULD ADVISE ON BEST WAY TO TRAVEL WITH GROUP OF 7 INCLUDING BABY FROM BERGAMO AIRPORT AT 10AM ON MONDAY TO LAKE GARDA AND ALSO HOW TO GET FROM LAKE GARDA (PESIHIERA) TO BERGAMO AIRPORT ON RETURN JOURNEY LEAVING AT 7 AM IN MORNING. (CAR HIRE FOR 10 DAYS IS 1100 EURO WHICH IS CRAZY)

5 Answers Feb 15, 2012 at 5:51 AM
    • Bergamo in August on a Sunday, What to see? any markets?

by Citycyclegal Online Now Feb 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Our cycling group will arrive in Bergamo Sat. afternoon, ending with a farewell dinner that night. I will stay an extra day at Hotel Piazza Vecchia Sunday, and have a plane to catch at MXP at 3(15:00) on Monday.

I just realized my extra day is a Sunday, and wonder what will be open?

Any suggestions for moderate restaurants nearby dining solo?

Cost of a taxi to the train station in the a.m.?

How much time should I allow for taxi and purchasing ticket for train to Milan Centrale, and then to MXP so I can be there by 12:30 to 1? I will be anxious about making the plane on time, LOL

I am so looking forward to cycling the Lakes area, and Bergamo looks lovely!!Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

17 Answers Feb 25, 2012 at 4:19 AM
    • taxi Orio al Serio - railwaylstation Bergamo

by goshe Online Now Jan 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Hello friends,
      We have 1 hour from landing to train which must catch from Bergamo. Perhaps with bus is possible, but a little delay will break plans, so variant 2 is taxi, is it too expensive from airport to railway station Bergamo. Also does the cost depends where from take a taxi - for example from office of taxi company in airport, on the street, a there illegal taxi drivers? Which is "normal "price
      Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Jan 19, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Myrooms bed and breakfast.

by Maurizioago Online Now Jan 17, 2012 at 5:12 AM

I'm going to book a room at Myrooms b. and b. Has anybody stayed there?

2 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Via Grumello.

by Maurizioago Online Now Dec 30, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Is this street far from the train station?

13 Answers Dec 30, 2011 at 8:37 PM