Berchtesgaden Travel Answers

change location

Budget bike touring, hiking, lodging,

by nayr2012 Online Now Jun 9, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Hello,

My soon-to-be wife and I are planning to spend part of our honeymoon in Berchtesgaden in the beginning of August of this year. How accessible are hiking trailheads from town? Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay? Many of the places seem pretty similar online. We would love to camp a night or two in the National Park. Are there places to rent camping gear? Would this be a practical option or would it be more advantageous to just do day hikes?

We also would really like to do some bike touring. Are there vendors in town with reliable road bikes? What would be an average price per day for that time of year? Do they offer any different pick-up/drop-off for longer destination cycling? Thanks for the help!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

Re: Budget bike touring, hiking, lodging,

by christine.j Online Now Jun 11, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Although I spent sometime in the national park and the area around it, I cannot answer all your questions.
    You can start hiking in town, or take a bus to Königsee and start hiking from there ( just as an example).
    We stayed in a holiday flat a bit outside, but it seems you won't have a car so that's not an option for you.
    Camping can be done here:
    berchtesgadener-land.com/de/...
    If you can rent camping gear there, I don't know. Please don't do any wild camping in the national park.

If you contact the tourist information office, they'll be able to tell you more.

berchtesgadener-land.com/de/...

Have you looked at the VT pages about the national park?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines