Berchtesgaden Travel Answers

change location

Christmas Eve and Christmas dinners in Berchtesgaden

by thova Online Now Dec 5, 2009 at 10:37 PM

We will be spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Berchtesgaden Germany. Does anyone have advice on a festive place to enjoy Christmas dinner either night. We will be traveling with small children as well, so we would like to be festive and special.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Turtleshell's Profile Photo

Re: Christmas Eve and Christmas dinners in Berchtesgaden

by Turtleshell Online Now Dec 6, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Quite honestly, I do *not* have advice on a festive place in Berchtesgarden, but I do have an idea, what you and your family could do.

Take the bus or rent a car and go to Schoenau at Koenigssee (roughly 3 miles). Do a cruise and then have dinner at Echostueberl (http://www.echostueberl.de, I recommend having trout). The restaurant is - I have to admit - not exactly festive. But if you can still reservate a table, you'll have a beautiful view over the lake.

Please note, I do not know whether or not the restaurant will be open, nor if buses will run or a boats tour will be available on Christmas Eve/Day.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

Re: Christmas Eve and Christmas dinners in Berchtesgaden

by christine.j Online Now Dec 6, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Contact the tourist information in Berchtesgaden and do it now!
    berchtesgaden.de/en/contact-...
    Many restaurants are closed for Christmas Eve, several also for Christmas Day.Those which are open have to be reserved in advance.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines