Berchtesgaden Travel Answers

change location

Advice on where to stay in April

by d0rsia Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 6:41 AM

Hi, Im planning on spending 10 days in Berchtesgaden next April. At the moment I was think of staying 2 nights in Berchtesgaden town itself to allow me to look around the town and surrounding area, aswell as walking to Obersalzburg one day.
I was then planning on going onto a campsite which is apparently 10mins from Lake Konigssee and spending the next week there hiking trails and spending time at the lake.

Does this sound like a sensible plan and are there any suggestions as to more activities or sights. (i.e. would you spend more time in the town maybe)

Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • abalada's Profile Photo

Re: Advice on where to stay in April

by abalada Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 7:35 AM

April is quite early in the year for hiking in the Alps. E.g. places like the Kehlsteinhaus (Eagle's Nest) open only mid May.

Brochures with more ideas for downloading
    berchtesgadener-land.info/in...

If you stay in Berchtesgaden or near Königssee you will receive a guest card (Kurkarte) which will cover also the regional buses.
    rvo-bus.de/site/rvo__bus/zub...
    Thus it plays not that much a role where you'll stay exactly.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lostsooner55's Profile Photo

by lostsooner55 Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 8:41 AM

You might wish to check to see if they still have the bobsled track nearby Berchtesgaden. You used to be able to navigate the bottom portion. Salzburg, Austria is quite closeby, and is worth a day trip, or two. Gary

• lostsooner55's Profile Photo

by lostsooner55 Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 9:33 PM

There is also the Salt Mine that you can tour. A trip on the Jennerbahn would probably be quite pretty at that time of year as well. There is a national park nearby Berchtesgaden. You can visit their web site to see what activities they might offer for that time of year. Gary

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines