Berchtesgaden Travel Answers

change location
nehphets's Profile Photo

eagles nest

by nehphets Online Now May 23, 2008 at 9:28 AM

i will be staying in zell am see next month and was planning on going to the eagles nest for a day trip. does anybody know how long a drive it is to get there also is there any other places of interest ie boat trips,spa's or the like when i am there.
thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

Re: eagles nest

by Kakapo2 Online Now May 23, 2008 at 2:52 PM

As you want to know the driving time I suppose you will have a car.

It should not take you much longer than 1.5 hours to drive from Zell am See to Berchtesgaden (by train it would take 3 hours). The fastest way is towards Salzburg and cross the border at Hallein.

From Berchtesgaden it takes about 15 minutes up a steep hill to the carpark at Obersalzberg. There you have to take a bus up the final slopes (no cars allowed on this final stretch of the road), this takes another 15 minutes.

The nicest thing to do near Berchtesgaden is to carry on to Königssee which is a nice lake surrounded by high mountains. You can go on a cruise there. If you are a bit adventurous you can do a guest ride on a four men bobsleigh down the ice canal.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lostsooner55's Profile Photo

Re: eagles nest

by lostsooner55 Online Now May 23, 2008 at 7:58 PM

There is also a National Park nearby, and there are hiking trails in the area. Gary

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines