Berchtesgaden Travel Answers

change location
Shanneong's Profile Photo

Winter hiking in Berchtesgaden

by Shanneong Online Now Dec 5, 2006 at 3:45 PM

Has anybody try a winter hiking in Berchtesgaden? I'll visit here in this winter, and wish to do an easy (approximately 2-3 hours)hike.

Thanks.

Shanne

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • PaulKirk's Profile Photo

RE: Winter hiking in Berchtesgaden

by PaulKirk Online Now Dec 6, 2006 at 12:33 PM

A walk from Berchtesgaden to Konigsee and back should be fine. I haven't done it in winter but that should be OK. There are plenty of trails and the tourist office will confirm which ones are available in winter. If you are really adventurous get the Jenner cable car up and walk down. It will depend on ski runs but there are some tremendous views at the top. I do a lot of winter walking in Garmisch and the paths are cleared and marked. I'm sure it will be the same in Berchtesgaten. Ramsau and Weiskirche are other possible destinations in the vicinity. Look out foe the picture map boards which will show some of the routes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PaulKirk's Profile Photo

by PaulKirk Online Now Dec 6, 2006 at 12:39 PM

Forgot to say that Konigsee is where boats take tourists to St Bartoloma in summer. As the lake is likely to be frozen I wonder how they get there on ice. I believe there's also a bobsleigh run there too. Konigsee as a village is not very big but the lake is definately worth a visit.

• TheTripmeister's Profile Photo

by TheTripmeister Online Now Dec 6, 2006 at 1:59 PM

I don´t have any hiking experience in that area of Bavaria, but you could check B-gaden´s website for ideas: www.berchtesgaden.de/en/f94e56f2-d6d6-fa6a-f252-f27d21c63147.html

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines