Berchtesgaden Travel Answers

change location
sunset_gal's Profile Photo

All about Berchtesgaden

by sunset_gal Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 11:20 PM

We are planning to go to Berchtesgaden from Salzburg. Some questions: 1) What are the bus and train connections like? Is it frequent and how long does it take? 2) How far is the salt mine from the train / bus station in Berchtesgaden? 3) What can we expect from the weather? Extreme conditions? 4) Any accomodations in the town? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Duffelgirl's Profile Photo

Re: All about Berchtesgaden

by Duffelgirl Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 12:03 AM

Hello From memory the bus from Salzburg to Berechtesgaden takes around 40 minutes, not sure about the frequency but it was more than once a day. The salt mine is a 5 - 10 minute walk from the bus stop near the swimming pool. We went in March and the weather wasn't extreme - it had been snowing but the sun was out and it wasn't too cold. See my website regarding accomodation - virtualtourist.com/m/392f4/1... the best thing would be visit the tourist information office (10 minute walk from the bus station) and they can ring around for you. Hope you have a good time - I loved the salt mine and Berechtesgaden is beautiful. Cheers Jo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • abalada's Profile Photo

Re: All about Berchtesgaden

by abalada Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 12:05 AM

1) Berchtesgaden is part of the SVV (Salzburg transport authority). The bus connections are faster (shorter route) than the train connections. salzburger-verkehrsverbund.a... SVV timetable: fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.e... SVV maps scoolcard.at/fileadmin/docs/... 2) salzwelt.de/salzbergwerk-ber... salzwelt.de/standard_images/... There is a bus stop "Berchtesgaden Salzbergwerk". The Bus 9540 coming from Salzburg stops there. 3) Unpredictable, but certainly not extreme. 4) http://www.berchtesgadener-land.info

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines