Berastagi Travel Answers

change location

I'm planning to make a trip to the summit of Sibayak Mountain. I need help!!

by Jeremyhans Online Now Feb 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM

I planned to go there this coming june. but, i wondering whether we need a guide or not? This is our first time to Sibayak though.Can somebody who ever been there send me some informations(where to start climb and how to get there) or either a map. Can i ask for a local people to guide us climb the mountain?

If you know more informations related to my question or know someone who can help us.please reply to my email hanz_lv@yahoo.com

Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: I'm planning to make a trip to the summit of Sibayak Mountain. I need help!!

by ranger49 Online Now Feb 18, 2011 at 12:19 AM

While you are waiting for a reply to your specific question you might like to browse the VT Travel Guide -

Berastagi Travel Guide

You should check back to this thread for replies so that other members can benefit from any information which is received, and also because many members prefer not to use external mail systems (VT has its own internal mail system). By the way, by publishing your email address on a public forum you could increase the risk of receiving spam mail. Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lgh's Profile Photo

Re: I'm planning to make a trip to the summit of Sibayak Mountain. I need help!!

by lgh Online Now Mar 1, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Perhaps you can check out Berastagi travel guide (nearest town to Sibayak)
    Berastagi Travel Guide

My brother used to hike the mountain and he said that you can find guide plenty abound (not sure through whether most of them can speak english though). You can make inquiry to your hotel/place you stay in where you can hire a guide.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines