Berastagi Travel Answers

change location
awaz_salwa's Profile Photo

Hotel in Berastagi

by awaz_salwa Online Now Jan 23, 2007 at 11:55 PM

Hi...me and my husband will be in Medan on 3rd-7th April 2007.

1.We want to over night at Berastagi on the 1st day.. Our problem now is, we couldn't find any hotel in Berastagi. Can anybody help us? My sister had been there last 2 years. She had stayed over there, but unfortunately she forgot the hotel's name. Please...can anybody help us?

2.Then on the 4th April we'v plan to go to Lake Toba. Does anyone know the Niagara Hotel in Lake Toba? We'v found this hotel in the Net. So, any idea about this hotel? Or does anyone can give us recommendation on hotel in Lake Toba?

FYI, we are going for our honeymoon...so,please....help us.

Thank You.

Regards,
Awaz Salwa

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • pPamela's Profile Photo

RE: Hotel in Berastagi

by pPamela Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 2:55 AM

What sort of hotel and how much do you want to spend? I have a friend in Brestagi who will be able to help me give you a name, but need a price?

Do not know of the Niagra Hotel in Lake Toba. I stayed at Romlan on Lake Toba in September and loved it. Very cheap for really nice room and hot water and great food and lovely gardens.

Pamela

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • awaz_salwa's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Hotel in Berastagi

by awaz_salwa Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 3:09 AM

Hi, Pamela...
    My budget for accommodation in Berastagi is about Rp300,000.
    U try look into http://www.niagaralaketoba.com, i found this hotel thru the internet...but i'm not so sure about the location. Any suggestion?

Thanx,
    awaz Salwa

by pPamela Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 3:26 AM

Will get back to you. I will sms Ramona my guide friend in Brestagi and see what he thinks would be a nice hotel for you both.
    Will check out the hotel Niagra later- just busy with urgent emails now.
    Pamela.

• awaz_salwa's Profile Photo

by awaz_salwa Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 7:43 PM

Thanx,Pamela...
    I'm waiting for your reply...

• MASRYNA's Profile Photo

RE: Hotel in Berastagi

by MASRYNA Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 10:07 PM

Hi there..
    I did stay at Grand Mutiara in Brastagi but maybe little bit over your budget. try Sibayak Hotel. dont miss the volcano hot spring there at night specially.
    Do note that Niagara Hotel located at the mainland (parapat) and not inside Samosir Island. The the hotel basicly ok as they are 4* rating hotel. If u looking for hotel in Samosir Island maybe other vts can help u.
    Hope this info help n Enjoy ur trip.

by pPamela Online Now Jan 26, 2007 at 3:41 AM

Hello,
    My friend Ramona Ginting who is a guide in Berestagi sent me an email today with a list of hotels and comments.
    1.Berastagi cottage,standard 450.000rp ,first class 550.000rp,the rate are inclusive of breakfast and 21% tax and services charge.Good views around that hotel.
    2.Sinabung Resort Hotel,hotel standard 550.000rp,deluxe650.000rp,
    Cottage deluxe 800.000rp.
    3.Danau Toba Hotel rooms rates start from 200.000rp till 400.000,the area is good, but the hotel is strange colour like the batak designing,red
    colour and black.
    4.Dien Karona Hotel beside Sibayak International Hotel,the prices is ok and not
    far from the town,cottages two rooms about 380.000rp,
    standard 165.000 rp,rates including breakfast,it is not big hotel,very quiet & room facilities with hot water,mini bar,colour television,laundry.
    some big hotels are same prices like sinabung hotel,but if your friend want to check the hotel is better,normally big hotel full with chineses people on sunday.
    5.Sibayak Multinasional is ok, but far from the town.

You do realize it will be about a 2 hr bus trip to Brestagi from Medan- guess so if your sister has been there.
    Brestagi is really nice- I only spent a weekend there in a back packer place , but it was so cool and relaxing compared to Medan so I think you have made an excellent decision to go there.
    Not sure if this is helpful for you. May help your sister to remember by havng the names.
    Pamela.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines