Beram

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Car rental and lighthouse

Pula May 29, 2015 at 12:42 PM

I am trying to decide whether we (2 people) will rent a car in Pula for a day or just take the bus from Pula to Rovinj. Can anyone (preferably who has actually rented from a local company, not just someone who knows of one) give me any advice on who to rent from? I don't want to have to go to the airport to rent; I want something in center city. Also, is there anything to look out for? Do you think we'll understand enough to be able to read the rental contract? Are there companies that don't require you to put any more down in advance that you can't get back if you change your mind?

I mostly just want to go to Rovinj, a little down on the Verudela (spelling?) peninsula and then Pula.

Also, does anyone know anything about the lighthouse at the bottom of the peninsula? Do you have to go through a private community to get to it? Can anyone just go there to take pictures? I know the inside is probably not open, but I'm fine with that. Thanks.

more
    • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

What direction the frescoes should face?

by GyuriFT Online Now Sep 4, 2011 at 1:49 AM

Hi,

I looked today at the tourist info of Pazin regarding the Sv. Marija - to my astonishment the frescoes on their picture are 180 degrees off what I did see yesterday with my own eyes.

Did they made a mistake or the frescoes were re-painted?

Their picture:

tzpazin.hr/foto/dancemacabre...

My pictures aren't uploaded yet, but believe my words... I am not drunk (yet!)
      The colors do not match either - mine is closer to the reality, much less reds, more dark and more faded.

9 Answers Sep 5, 2011 at 9:59 PM