Bentota

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Airport shuttle

by Garyw8 Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Can anyone suggest a good taxi firm that runs a service from Bentota to Colombo airport?

Thanks

Gary

2 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    • modes of travel in srilanka

by rupalikanwar Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

we are 4 adults and 1 child. Want to know the best way to travel from Colombo airport to bentota. and later from bentota to kandy

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 1:12 AM
    • modes of travel in srilanka

by rupalikanwar Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

we are 4 adults and 1 child. Want to know the best way to travel from Colombo airport to bentota. and later from bentota to kandy

4 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 6:12 AM
    • West Coast Sri Lanka i.e. Bentota

by brilliantholidays12 Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 12:24 AM

When is the best time to go to Bentota Sri lanka

7 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM
    • sadeem's Profile Photo

Sri Lanka tour, self touring or through traveling agency?

by sadeem Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Hi,

I'm visiting Sri Lanka in mid January and have planned everything myself, the only thing left is transportation, I'm planning on hiring a driver.

It will be my first experience in an east Asian country, and I know especially in Sri Lanka that moving from one place to another and finding suitable accommodation can be difficult. Therefore, I am wondering if planning the tour through a traveling agency would be better than planning it myself.

Here is my plan, I would appreciate an comments or advise on it:

Arrival: 16 Jan 10 AM

Kandy 2 nights: 16 Jan - 18 Jan

Hotel: Hunas Falls by Amaya. Checkout: 12 PM

Activities and Places to visit: Elephant orphanage, Royal botanical garden.

Nuwara Eliya 3 nights: 18 Jan - 21 Jan

Hotel: Brockenhurst villa. Checkout: 1 PM.

Activities and Places to visit: Pedro state tea factory, Horton plains national park, Adam's peak, Gem mines, Gregory lake.

Mirissa 2 nights: 21 Jan - 23 Jan

Hotel: Villa Vatura @ Talaramba Reef. Checkout: 1 PM.
      Activities and Places to visit: Beach, whale watching, Safari Yala national park, Deep sea fishing, hot air ballooning.

Bentota 2 nights: 23 Jan - 25 Jan. Hotel prices are inflated we couldn't find a suitable place.

Departure 26 Jan.

I have contacted some traveling agencies and they have proposed some itineraries. I found their prices quite expensive, since I am traveling with a group of 7 the total amount would reach $8000, excluding entrance fees and lunch and dinner . Based on my calculation, my plan would cost me much less.

Any advice?

Thank you

Sadeem

5 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • Need a Travel support during my stay in Bentota

by zoomer778 Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM

my family will be in Bentota fm 16/11 - to 25/11 - so I would like to have a some excursion during my stay. But I have 2 adults + 3 children ( 14 years / 8 years / 3 years) - so long excursion suppose will be a problem for children.
      For sure - I would like to have
      1. yala jeep Safari
      2. maybe rafting
      some other which will be interesting for children

+ I studding the possibility to visit SIGIRIYA with one night in kandy -

so in case You can offer me some program for excursion & Your price - pls. send me an email.
      zoomer778@gmail.com

3 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • prices in bentota

by dado68 Online Now Nov 5, 2013 at 8:16 AM

What is the average price of food and drink in Bentota and if anyone knows the price for day trips! thanks

2 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    • Is there a lot to do outside of the hotel complex's?

by maccymaccy Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Hi
      Me and my girlfriend like to get out of the hotel complex to do day trips and eat in local restaurants. Are there a lot of activities to keep us engaged for a weeks stay?
      Andy

2 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    • Mosquitos in bentota

by Carmil Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Are they present all year round, visiting bentota in early October, how much of a problem will they be, staying in the vivanta hotel! would hope for nets over the bed.

7 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    • mumbai20's Profile Photo

Cab from colombo airport to bentota

by mumbai20 Online Now Apr 6, 2013 at 1:05 AM

We are a group of 3 adults planning a holiday in Bentota.
      How do we go from colombo airport to Bentota. I'm told that there are taxis available at the airport at any time.

Any know a tour operator / driver who can arrange for a taxi pick-up & drop at reasonable rates

5 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
    • PamelaL's Profile Photo

Bungalow to Rent

by PamelaL Online Now Dec 17, 2012 at 5:37 AM

My husband and I are travelling to Sri Lanka in January for 6 months. We are hoping to rent somewhere for a few months in Bentota, does anyone have any useful advice about costs etc.

13 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 3:28 AM
    • Price of transfer between Bentota > Colombo, and where to stay

by priyanka151 Online Now May 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Hi,

I am thinking of visiting Bentota in July. Where is best to stay (currently looking at Vivanta by Taj). Also, how much should we pay p/person to transfer between Colombo Airport and the Bentota area?

Thanks,
      Priya

1 Answer May 14, 2012 at 8:47 AM
    • ahsanb's Profile Photo

Honeymoon Suggestions

by ahsanb Online Now Mar 6, 2012 at 4:38 AM

Hay all,

im interested in having my honeymoon in srilanka. main interests are exotic beaches and shopping. interested in visiting srilanka for around 7-8 days. for the purpose i have been looking at bentota and unawatuna. Kindly suggest nice beaches and accomodations(within LKR7,000-8,000).

will appreciate weblinks of hotels, beaches and images.

6 Answers May 16, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    • places in bentota

by nida16 Online Now Oct 20, 2011 at 12:53 AM

can anyone help me telling me about the places near bentota and what is the exact time to reach those places...like i know about breif garden .it is about 7 km to bentota ...likewise i want to know about other places....pls help me out

3 Answers Oct 20, 2011 at 2:01 AM
    • winemonster's Profile Photo

sri lankan test cricket ticket prices

by winemonster Online Now Aug 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Hey there anyone have any idea on how much it costs to go to the cricket in sri lanka going in 2weeks to galle kandy n colombo to watch the aussies play the tests there
      Its the one thing can't find an answer for
      Thanks
      Piers

5 Answers Aug 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    • Bentota - Colombo for the cricket

by chrisha1234 Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip to Lihiniya Hotel, Bentota in March 2012 and have just found out the Englabnd cricket team will be playing in Sri Lanka in March & April. The 1st test is in Galle which I believe is very far away but I imagine they will play a warm up match in Colombo? How far is Colombo cricket ground from Lhiniya Surf, Bentota and is it affordable in a taxi or would you go an alternative way (train?).

Thanks for your help :-)

Chris

5 Answers Aug 4, 2011 at 3:28 AM
    • bentotal in August

by mrajeev Online Now Jul 20, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I plan to visit bentota, kandy and nuwara eliya in August. So kindly advise me on the weather conditions. will there be heavy rains or will it be a good beach holiday.. is it advisable to visit during august..

4 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    • lolii's Profile Photo

Bentota activities

by lolii Online Now May 26, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I am staying in Heritance Ahungalla hotel in bentota and would like to know if anyone stayed there and what do they think of it?

its my first time in sri lanka and ill be coming on 2nd June..i would like to plan a program which is feasible for 4 days stay .. where can i go?? is yala national park and kandy far away from bentota?

2 Answers May 18, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    • edimarip's Profile Photo

Cycling

by edimarip Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 4:14 AM

Next week i will come to Bentota and i would love to do some cycling there.
      So is it possible to rent a bike, and are there any suggestions for a nice route ?
      Thanks
      Tom

4 Answers Apr 8, 2011 at 1:27 AM
    • Aida Ayurveda Resort

by raghya Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 8:18 AM

I'll be in Bentota in mid december with five friends. I was wondering if we should book rooms with dinner inclusive or would it be better to check out local restaurants? Susanthas has been widely reviewed and suggested by a lot of tourists. And, are there places on the beach at bentota where you can just hang out and have a couple of drinks...like in Goa, India (like the shacks they have on the beach)?

1 Answer Oct 12, 2010 at 12:27 AM
    • Wedding at the Taj...advice please!

by kylesoz Online Now Oct 10, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Hi fellow travellers

My fiancee and I are considering having our wedding in the Taj in September/October 2011. Has anyone had a wedding there? What was your experience? Did you have a planner from the hotel? Were they helpful? So many questions.....as we have never been to Bentota and are relying on forums like this and the internet for advice. We are looking for 5-star quality..will we get it? Any advice would be appreciated. And of course I have to ask if the area is safe? We will be a group of about 40 ppl.

Thank you for your help...
      kyles

2 Answers Oct 27, 2010 at 5:08 AM
    • sriramlovesmusic's Profile Photo

Bentota here I come

by sriramlovesmusic Online Now Oct 9, 2010 at 5:48 PM

OK I arrive in Colombo by 3 AM on 28th, when I take a bus to Bentota where do I get down? what is a good place to stay which is easily accessible to the beach? How do we commute inside bentota? I have not booked my hotels yet. It would be great if you could suggest budget hotels in bentota! And IS it raining there?

8 Answers Oct 13, 2010 at 1:08 AM

*Important* Blind Date with Sri Lanka part 3

by sriramlovesmusic Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 7:10 PM

I am in no intention to bring in controversy to this forum....however I (my Wife) have this feeling of insecurity about the public travel i.e. busses/Auto Rickshaws etc as we are "Tamil speaking people". We are definitely in no intention of ticking anyone off...how is the temperature there in Colombo and Bentota about the above mentioned concern???? you could drop in an email as your response if you feel that this forum may not be appropriate...

My Blind Date with Sri Lanka

by sriramlovesmusic Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I love to travel. And I travel impulsively. I wanted to visit Sri Lanka ever since childhood and now after 27 years I have the opportunity. I have 3 nights and 4 days to spend in the country. My research has lead me to 2 cities Bentota and Colombo. I do understand that there is a forum separately for Bentota however I was thinking a one-stop solution would definitely help. My budget (excluding air fare) is roughly 25000 LKR. I am not a fussy traveler. here are my following questions that will help my quest.
      1. From the International airport there is a bus that takes me to a bus stand. Do I have priate/state transport busses that take me to Bentota and a rough cost in LKR?
      2. I have a flight that lands at 02:30 Local time and post immigration etc I may be free by 04:0 AM. Is it ideal for me to go to bentota at that time and will there be public transportation available?
      3. Will I be able get budget accommodations in Bentota within a price range of 2000 LKR (twin sharing). Please note that I am travelling with my wife (good looking) and I want no trouble where I stay.
      4. I am planning 2 days in bentota and 1 day in Colombo. Is that an ideal cost effective plan or coming to Colombo on the 2nd day and staying there makes better sense. Wife likes to shop and we both club too. (28th October - Thursday to 1st November Saturday morning)
      5. Which is the central part of Colombo where I could stay and have easy access to shopping/pubs/clubs?
      6. Over and above all of this, is 25000 LKR sufficient to conquer my quest?
      I love the country and I need your advise...HELP PLEASE

1 Answer Sep 8, 2010 at 2:03 AM
    • Homestay in Bentota Area

by noelOH Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 6:23 AM

I am planning to travel to Sri Lanka in March this year, when I will be attending my daughters wedding which will take place at the 'Taj Exotica Bentota Beach' hotel.
      I visited Sri Lanka 9 years ago with my wife for a short holiday but this time I will be travelling alone and would very much like to learn more about Sri Lankan cultures and customs.
      I feel that 'Homestay' may be a good way of doing this.
      My intentions are to come over in mid to late February and stay for about one month during which time I would be also interested in getting involved in voluntary work.
      Can anyone please give me any assistance or recommend who I should contact in order to arrange this?
      I would welcome any advice you may have.
      Thank you
      Noel O'Halloran
      England
      noelisgreat@aol.com

5 Answers Jan 10, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    • Weather in June

by seemaron Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 5:11 AM

I am travelling to Bentatota on the 4th June and staying at the Taj Exotica. Please can someone advise what the weather will be like and also any feedback on the hotel would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers May 23, 2009 at 12:40 PM
    • Best month to go

by nicobe Online Now Jul 14, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Hi It is our first time in Sri Lanka. We are looking for a relaxing holiday all inclusive for 10 days. We have been recommended Bentota. Is it bettter to go Sept, Oct, or November. weather wise and cost wise. Any recommendations for all inclusive hotels for these months.
      Many thanks Suzy

9 Answers Jul 18, 2008 at 3:56 AM
    • Eglute's Profile Photo

Weather in May

by Eglute Online Now Apr 27, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Hi everyone!

I am traveling to Sri Lanka (Taj Exotica) from 2 May.. and just now (nothing was told in the travel agency) I found out that it is a start of the Monsoon.. Please, can someone tell is it bad in the beginning of May??? :( And can I expect to get a tan?? :(

Thank you all in advance!

8 Answers May 14, 2009 at 11:07 AM
    • Maps of Bentota

by Sargey Online Now Mar 27, 2008 at 8:37 AM

Hi

I wonder is anyone can suggest a website that gives a detailed map of Bentota and surrounding areas, preferably showing the hotels etc at a glance. I have tried Google earth but cant see very much at all.

Thanks in advance

Jules

4 Answers Apr 12, 2008 at 10:51 PM
    • MollyTiffany's Profile Photo

Bentota in June

by MollyTiffany Online Now Mar 24, 2008 at 4:36 PM

i'm planning to get married in June, in Bentota beach hotel. A friend told me that its not safe there . Also due to the monsoon season the weather isn't very good, and the sea is dangerous.is any of this true? well we be in danger by going in june?

5 Answers May 14, 2009 at 11:14 AM