Bentota Travel Answers

change location
lolii's Profile Photo

Bentota activities

by lolii Online Now May 26, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I am staying in Heritance Ahungalla hotel in bentota and would like to know if anyone stayed there and what do they think of it?

its my first time in sri lanka and ill be coming on 2nd June..i would like to plan a program which is feasible for 4 days stay .. where can i go?? is yala national park and kandy far away from bentota?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • HansDK's Profile Photo

Re: Bentota activities

by HansDK Online Now May 26, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Heritance Ahungalla is in Ahungalla which is approx. 15 km south of Bentota.

I have not stayed at the hotel, but have visited. It's an excellent hotel with good service. Ahungalla is a very small town and there is not much to do there.

You can make a day trip to Galle and visit Hikkaduwa (glass bottom boat) and Ambalangoda (mask museum) on the way. A boat trip on Madu Ganga (Balapitiya - 5 km south of Ahungalla) is a good idea.

Yala National Park is approx. 5.5-6 hours drive from Ahungalla and will require an overnight stay as safaris are early mornings (6-9.30 am) and late afternoons (2.30-6 pm).

Kandy is 5-5.5 hours drive from Ahungalla. Can be done as a very long a tiring day trip. Overnight stay is strongly recommended.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Bentota activities

by Aqeelzain Online Now May 18, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Heay I am planning a trip to the Heritance exactly the same time. I haven't been there before too. Forward me any information that can be helpful to me in planning my trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines