Bentota Travel Answers

change location

Club Bentota Beach

by KatiePC Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 10:25 AM

Hello out there! My husband and I are booked at the Club Bentota Beach on 4th September this year. I am getting rather concerned at discussions regarding the state of the accomodation. Can anyone let me know if they have anything to corroborate the tale of it being in a bad way, simply so I can raise the issue with my Travel Agent. Also could anyone recommend any other hotels should the worst happen.

Many Thanks
Katie

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Club Bentota Beach

by Ian&Venetia Online Now Jun 7, 2006 at 5:49 AM

Hi Katie.

First, are you talking about the Club Bentota or Bentota Beach?

WE were married at Bentota beach last August and found it to be fine. However after we booked for our 1st anniversary this year we were told it was being closed for refurbishment.

We were at the Club Bentota in the February before the tsunami and heard that it was badly hit so we took a look at it last August and it was in one hell of a state BUT we have been informed that it is now up and running again and we are booked into there from 18/8 - 4/9 this year for our anniversary, just missing you I'm afraid.

Ian & Venetia

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Club Bentota Beach

by Kevfp Online Now Aug 19, 2006 at 1:00 AM

Hi Katie, I have just found your message and I hope you have sorted everything out !! Yes the hotel was effectively destroyed in the Tsunami,unfortunately we were there at the time.I won't bore you with the details except to say if that if the same staff are there, YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME !!They were brill before the "event" putting on different shows,we had a torchlight synchronised show in the swimming pool on the Christmas eve which still brings a lump to our throats when we think of it.They helped us tremendously during the Tsunami bringing us what food was available from the kitchens as we were all "marooned" from the mainland,and eventually helped us when we were rescued.
    If the jeweller MALAKA is there please say a big HELLO,my wife had 3 rings he was going to redesign for her before the Tsunami and his shop on the hotel site was destroyed,but he brought them back to us to the hotel in Columbo where we were evacuated to !!!! HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY ! Kevin.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines