Travel Answers
Bend

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Road trip from Seattle to Bend, where are the best places to stop along the way?

by b0riotti Online Now Jun 16, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I'm road tripping from Seattle to Bend this summer, and expect nice weather. I will either be traveling through Portland, or around, depending on recommendations. Would love any! I hope to leave around 8am and arrive evening sometime. ( (Likely taking Interstate 5 to 84 to 26). Thanks!!

2 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    • SteveG54's Profile Photo

Where is a romantic campground in Bend?

by SteveG54 Online Now Jul 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Want to take the wife somewhere to camp in Bend this summer. Would like to set up a tent with water nearby we can be be in. Plan on using a tent. A decent amount of privacy would be nice too. Any thoughts?

3 Answers Feb 11, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    • Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Favorite Hikes

by Geisha_Girl Online Now Jul 15, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Hi VT!

Heading up to this area for the first time and plan to stay outdoors as much as possible! I have heard there are some amazing trails but we're trying to narrow it down. Any recommendations on some of the best hikes within the Bend area? Home base will be right on the Deschutes, and we will have a car.

We plan to make time to explore South Sister, but other than that....not sure what other hikes to include. Would love to hear some of your favorites!

Also, any favorite restaurants for some post-hiking brew and grub? And after we clean up, any recommendations on a fine dining establishment with ambience and outstanding menu? Reading through all the reviews, but it's hard to decide!

Thanks for your help,

G_G

3 Answers Jul 18, 2011 at 1:10 PM
    • Large Meeting Space in Bend, Oregon

by janetmcbride60 Online Now Feb 27, 2010 at 10:11 PM

I am not familiar with Bend and I am looking for some insight as to a local hotel with meeting space for 200+. Any help would be appreciated. I am looking for space in 2011.

Janet

5 Answers Jan 12, 2014 at 9:43 AM
    • Hotel help please!

by klane445 Online Now Nov 21, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I am traveling to Bend on business and unfamiliar with hotels in the area. Looking for location close to downtown Bend. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

K.Lane

2 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    • Looking for Romance in Bend

by lauderdale66 Online Now Aug 28, 2008 at 11:15 AM

I want to surprise my husband with a trip to Bend (he lived there as a small child). I need some feedback on where to stay that is romantic and yet has things to do . . . anyone out there have any suggestions????

1 Answer Aug 28, 2008 at 11:22 AM
    • ajoker's Profile Photo

Bicycle rentals

by ajoker Online Now Aug 6, 2007 at 7:19 PM

I am heading to bend for the weekend in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on bike rentals. Google turned up a few shops at about 25 bucks a day, which is a little more than I'd prefer to pay. Cheers!

• How's life in bend?

by TogaParty87 Online Now Dec 6, 2004 at 7:54 PM

I might end up moving to Bend next year, and just wanted to know what its like to live there. It looks beautiful, but also quite small, and concidering I've grown up mostly in a major metropolitan area, I don't know if I'll be able to stand it very long. Also, is it very cold there? I mean, I know it snows, but does it snow often? And when it does, or even when it doesn't, does it get to be really, really cold? Lik, freezing cold? Just any info about basic life in Bend would be awsome.

7 Answers Nov 28, 2005 at 10:50 AM
    • a walk atop broken top

by jedimonroe Online Now Sep 15, 2004 at 12:24 AM

best route north or south slope? north? through town of sisters? easy to find? travel to south slope through todd lake only or is there an easier hike?

• DVD on Central Oregon

by NYM Online Now Oct 29, 2003 at 6:14 PM

I've heard that there is a cool DVD on Central Oreogn, have you heard about it? Is it good? Where can I get it?