Belo Horizonte

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel warnings?

Cuiabá Yesterday

Are there any safety concerns when visiting Cuiaba?

more
    • current info. Website is 2008

Manaus Apr 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Has anyone made the trip recently from Manaus to guayana city.
      Also any knowledge about flights from Manaus to same or caracus without having to go back to Sao Paulo or Panama city.
      Help would be appreciated.

more
    • CRUISE TERMINAL

Rio de Janeiro Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • Tara2001's Profile Photo

Salvador, is it best to stay in the Pelourinho? Any hostel recommendations?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm visiting Salvador for 3 nights in April and was wondering if the Pelourinho is the best area to stay in? I am looking to stay in a hostel that is safe and secure, but also sociable where I can meet likeminded solo travellers. Any suggestions??

more

Anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Hi guys,

Is anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April that would want to meet up and do some sight seeing etc? Get in touch! :)

more
    • 1 day city tour with airport transfers

Brasília Mar 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Hola
      We are arriving in Brasilia early on June 30 there will be 4 of us
      We need to have a day tour and back at airport by 415 PM for flight out
      I will be also at game at 1300 and rest of people will continue tour.
      can we arrange this with you so we get picked up at airport in the morning start tour and pick me up at stadium and back to airport?
      How much will it be?
      thanks
      hector

more
    • Getting there from Campo Grande

Foz do Iguaçu 8 hours ago

Just wondering what is the quickest and easiest way to get to Foz do Iguacu from Campo Grande Matto Grosso do Sul in Brazil. It all seems very complicated.

If someone has a simple-ish solution could you please let me know.

Thanks

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

São Paulo Apr 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • Travel with BUS from Natal to Salvador in Brazil

Natal Apr 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I need to travel from Natal, RN to Salvador Bahia by BUS, anyone know what Bus company I can buy ticket to travel to Salvador?

more
    • panatanal tours

Pantanal Mar 19, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I arrive in Cuiba late on july 5th
      whats best way to get a tour of pantanal from Cuiba or should I go further south?
      Do i use a car or hir ea guide?
      thanks
      we are a family of 4

more
    • Travelling Pantanal

Pantanal Apr 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM

How can i travel Pantanal without tying myself to a 4-5 day tour? I want to make it flexible and yet be able to do everything. Is it possible to do this independently?

more
    • Two days in Argentina

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 31, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am travelling to see the falls in June. I would like to spend 2 days exploring the Argentina side and a day and a half on the Brazilian side. I am flying into Foz do Iguacu. Would you recommend I stay in Brazil and travel to Argentina each day. Or should I stay in Argentina overnight?

more
    • Currency exchange at the Crossover

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Is there an exchange at the border after you enter Argentina? After seeing the Brazilian National Park, we are heading for the Argentina National Park and the Sheraton. We'll need pesos to pay to get into the park.

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • eversure's Profile Photo

Taxi or airport bus?

Sao Paulo Mar 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM

We are a family of 5 (parents with 3 teenagers). We need to get from GRU to Congonhas. Will it be more convenient to take airport taxi or airport bus? In most places we have gone to, the individual cost for the bus is sometimes just the same as for a taxi and the taxi seems to be quicker. Thanks.

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more

Visa's and volunteering (I'm British)

Brazil Apr 15, 2014 at 8:28 AM

I'm hoping to go and volunteer in Rio, working in a youth hostel for a few months. I understand I can do this on a normal 90 day visa, is that right?

And also, how many days do I need to leave the country before I can return on another 90 day visa?

more
    • inthesunshine's Profile Photo

Accommodation required for 2 in Belo Horizonte - 20/06 - 26/06

by inthesunshine Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Hi there,
      We arrive in Belo on 20th June and are looking for accommodation (centrally located if possible). If anyone can assist, please inbox me to swap details and make arrangements. If you also have transport that would be a bonus. Appreciate any help.
      Regards
      ITS

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 6:10 AM
    • World Cup June

by u411678 Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Hi there, I will arrive with a party of seven in Belo Horizonte at 00.00 hrs and will need to get to a place in Carlos Prates. Can anyone advise the best option at that time, whether it will be taxi,bus or mini bus and how much?

Thanks Acer

1 Answer Feb 8, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    • World Cup June

by u411678 Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Hi there, I will arrive with a party of seven in Belo Horizonte at 00.00 hrs and will need to get to a place in Carlos Prates. Can anyone advise the best option at that time, whether it will be taxi,bus or mini bus and how much?

Thanks Acer

1 Answer Feb 9, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • inthesunshine's Profile Photo

Savassi / Functionarios areas nightlife/apartments - June 14

by inthesunshine Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Hi there,

I'm travelling to Belo Horizonte for the World Cup in June and looking for an apartment to rent for 5 or 6 nights. Could anyone else give me any pointers and maybe some cross sections of roads to enable me to narrow down my search in the Savassi & Functionarios areas. I believe these are safer areas and also they are full of bars, restaurants, night clubs, etc.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
      ITS

1 Answer Dec 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    • Money for 5 days in Brazil

by jennifer105 Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM

do i need to speak Portugese to get around town?
      How much money should I bring (or need) for 5 days?

2 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • Itinerary 9 days in Brazil

by Marieeee Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM

9 days for Brazil, would you help with an itinerary that includes Sao Paulo (son works there), Rio de Janeiro and possibly Belo Horizonte? Paraty, Ilha Bela, Ouro Prieto?
      Could you mention some day trips from Belo Horizonte?

4 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    • Naramata's Profile Photo

Ouro Preto

by Naramata Online Now May 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM

How to get from Belo Horizonte to Ouro Preto?

3 Answers May 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM
    • ant1606's Profile Photo

Anybody up for a drink and some chat?

by ant1606 Online Now Aug 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I'll be in Belo Horizonte for a week, Aug 20 through Aug 27.
      I still have to check my agenda while there, but it would be nice to meet local VTers for a drink and some chat if possible.
      Should anybody be available, just let me know. Thanks! ;)

4 Answers Aug 28, 2010 at 3:27 PM
    • TA7DS's Profile Photo

place to stay

by TA7DS Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Looking for a recommendation on a hacienda style guest house or a small family run hotel...

Thanks

3 Answers Mar 2, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    • fool_moon's Profile Photo

train Belo horizonte to vitoria

by fool_moon Online Now Oct 11, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Can anybody give information on the train of Cia. Vale do Rio Doce which is/was going from BH to Vitoria ? It would be very helpful if the train is still transporting passengers, to know time table and tarifs.

4 Answers Oct 12, 2009 at 5:59 AM
    • travelling on holiday

by larry52 Online Now Aug 1, 2008 at 12:28 AM

SIR /MADAM
      I WILL LIE TO KNOW OF THERE IS A BUS SERVICE FROM BELEM TO BELO HORIZONTE I AM PLANNING MY HOLIDAY FROM GUYANA TO BELEM AND BOA VISTA FROM THE I WILL LIKE TO TRAVEL TO BELO HORIZONTE I WILL LIKE TO KNOW THECOST AND TIME OF TRAVELLING PLEASE ADVISE ON HOW TO TRAVELL AND GETTING TO BELO HORIZONTE FROM BELEM OR BOVISTA WITH BUS
      EMAIL larmogan@yahoo.co.uk
      LAWRENCE ARMOGAN

1 Answer Aug 1, 2008 at 3:56 AM
    • Bus information between Belo Horizonte and Betim

by evelnny Online Now May 9, 2008 at 7:17 AM

We speak English and pretty good Spanish but have no experience in Brazil. So we wanted to know if we can expect to get by well without Portuguese but with English and Spanish in Belo HOrizonte. We are attending meetings during the day in Betim
      for about six days in a row, some meetings may start early in the morning and go to late at nite. How is the bus schedule between Betim and Belo HOrizonte, where we will be staying.

Thanks so much for your help. Ellen

2 Answers May 9, 2008 at 11:42 AM
    • Retirement

by Dairybull Online Now Dec 30, 2004 at 12:50 AM

Where's the best place in Belo for retirement ? Thanks....Mike & Lu

1 Answer Jul 26, 2005 at 3:47 PM
    • Student travel from Sao Paulo to Belo Horizonte

by Fallen2Forgiven Online Now May 21, 2004 at 1:12 AM

I'm going to be traveling in early July to Belo Horizonte to attend the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, and a group flight is arranged by my home university for as far as Sao Paulo (as the students are going to various universities and have different departure points from there on). The issue is, I'm flying into the GRU airport, and I can't find a cheap flight -- or any flight for that matter -- flyring from there directly to the PLU airport (the one right by UFMG's campus) in BH. I was considering taking a bus... but I'll be carrying maybe 2 or 3 larger pieces of luggage and i was concerned about them getting lost, stolen, or me not being able to take all of them aboard (what are the luggage restrictions for the bus, anyway?). This will be my first trip to Brazil, and I'd like for things to go as smoothly as possible... so what would you recommend for traveling from Sao Paulo to BH? --Laura - O, and by the way, how much are taxis in Sao Paulo and BH, if anyone knows.

1 Answer May 23, 2004 at 6:30 PM
    • metajeff's Profile Photo

Topo do Mundo - Belo Horizonte

by metajeff Online Now Dec 10, 2003 at 3:52 AM

I am looking for general information as well as the whereabouts of a place called 'Topo do Mundo' near Belo Horizonte. You may email me directly at jgw42@student.canterbury.ac.nz. Any help would be much appreciated. Jeff.

3 Answers Jan 17, 2007 at 12:58 AM