Belo Horizonte Travel Answers

change location
fool_moon's Profile Photo

train Belo horizonte to vitoria

by fool_moon Online Now Oct 11, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Can anybody give information on the train of Cia. Vale do Rio Doce which is/was going from BH to Vitoria ? It would be very helpful if the train is still transporting passengers, to know time table and tarifs.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • bahiana77's Profile Photo

Re: train Belo horizonte to vitoria

by bahiana77 Online Now Oct 11, 2009 at 5:32 PM

I have only taken the one between Sao Joao del Rei and Tiradentes, which is fun, but I read that the Vitoria-B.H. one is not so good, maybe only a better alternative than taking another bus, but not to go out of one's way for. There's lots of info online if you Google.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: train Belo horizonte to vitoria

by cassiovieggore Online Now Oct 11, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I live in Belo Horizonte and Vale still serves Belo Horizonte-Vitoria railroad for passengers and cargoes.
    The departure from Belo Horizonte is 07:30AM. The departure from Vitoria is 07AM
    There is only one trip every each weekday. Vale use to ask to passengers arrive at train station half an hour before departure.
    The train is made up of 19 carriages. There are two classes you may choise: cabin class, and, economic class. The tarifs are:
    Cabin class--> R$75,00 (air conditioning service provided)
    Economic class--> R$50,00
    Two carriages are for mealtime: the restaurant, and, fast food (snacks and lunch).
    Train station in Belo Horizonte is at Praça Rui Barbosa (Downtown). Every taxi driver from Belo Horizonte knows where is Praça da Estação at Praça Rui Barbosa.
    I will paste one link concerned in this train trip:

guiadoviajante.com/236/viage...

The train station from Vitoria is in Cariacica, very very close to Vitoria and you will need bus/taxi to arrive at Vitoria. I use to say Cariacica is a Vitoria's neighborhood. The tickets are in demand particularly during schoolar vacations.
    Cassiovieggore

• fool_moon's Profile Photo

by fool_moon Online Now Oct 11, 2009 at 8:02 PM

@cassiovieggore
    wow this was really hepful, wikipedia couldnt be more explanative. Thsnjd s lot. Saudacoes de Austria §

• bahiana77's Profile Photo

by bahiana77 Online Now Oct 12, 2009 at 5:59 AM

Yes, he's quite helpful WHEN HE STICKS TO THINGS HE KNOWS PERSONALLY !!! and not things he only finds on the internet.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines