Belo Horizonte Travel Answers

change location

Student travel from Sao Paulo to Belo Horizonte

by Fallen2Forgiven Online Now May 21, 2004 at 1:12 AM

I'm going to be traveling in early July to Belo Horizonte to attend the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, and a group flight is arranged by my home university for as far as Sao Paulo (as the students are going to various universities and have different departure points from there on). The issue is, I'm flying into the GRU airport, and I can't find a cheap flight -- or any flight for that matter -- flyring from there directly to the PLU airport (the one right by UFMG's campus) in BH. I was considering taking a bus... but I'll be carrying maybe 2 or 3 larger pieces of luggage and i was concerned about them getting lost, stolen, or me not being able to take all of them aboard (what are the luggage restrictions for the bus, anyway?). This will be my first trip to Brazil, and I'd like for things to go as smoothly as possible... so what would you recommend for traveling from Sao Paulo to BH? --Laura - O, and by the way, how much are taxis in Sao Paulo and BH, if anyone knows.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • dargains's Profile Photo

Re: Student travel from Sao Paulo to Belo Horizonte

by dargains Online Now May 23, 2004 at 6:30 PM

Try Gol airlines they are the cheapest air lines in brazil www.voegol.com.br Taxis here are expensive, at least for us, i don´t know in comparisson to the States

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines