Bellingham

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• High School Trip

Vashon Island Apr 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I am taking a group of high school students to the Seattle area on April 30-May 2. We will be staying in cabins at Camp Burton on Vashon Island. Are there any potential attractions that high school students might enjoy on the island?

more
    • Amtrack Cascade train

Seattle Yesterday

Is the Amtrack Cascade a worth while trip to get from Seattle to Vancouver? We have a cruise out of Vancouver.

more
    • Olympic NP or Mt. Rainier in May last week

Washington State Apr 15, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Hi All,
      I will be landing in Seattle on Fri night (5/23) and have 2 days with me to see one of Olympic/Mt. Rainier NP

Which one should I select and what should be the "Must See" attractions, keeping in mind that this will be the Memorial Day weekend and some of these place may still be under snow

My main objective is to capture nature/landscape photos, especially around Sunset / Sunrise / Night time. Are there any waterfalls/short hikes that I should see/do ?

Thanks

more
    • taxi from airport

Seattle Apr 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Does anyone know how much it will cost to take a taxi from Sea-Tac International airport to the Space Needle area?

Thanks!

more
    • WhiteMughal's Profile Photo

To Seattle Without Driving?

by WhiteMughal Online Now Jul 15, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I'm staying a couple of weeks in Bellingham. I've driven I-5 a lot, so I know it is really necessary to dodge rush hours. What I'm wondering is if there's any way to ride mass transit to Seattle, spend the day, and return later that night by mass transit. Haven't found a way yet. The Sound system seems not to recognize Bellingham. Greyhound schedules don't seem to be useful. Anybody know a way? I know I can get a car late in the morning, drive down, park somewhere, and come back late at night. I've done that. Just wondering if its my only choice.

8 Answers Jul 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM
    • santanesia's Profile Photo

Whales watching tours in April 7/15 from mainland?

by santanesia Online Now Apr 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM

We are spending one week in the area and are planing, Mount Baker, Deception, the drives mention the the prior question. We are having a hard time finding whales watching tours so early in April but in the islands ( San Juan and Orca), and don't know if we can make in a day. Any sugestions will be greatly apreciated. We did a great tour years ago in Tofino and love it.
      Thank You!

2 Answers Apr 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    • Help with driving tour route of Bellingham

by fredd2012 Online Now Apr 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Greetings, I am driving to Bellingham on Tuesday from Seattle with my nephew for a tour of the WWU campus. I have been to Bham a few times but don't know anything aside from the general area around the college.

I would like to take him for a quick drive around the city so he can get an idea what it's like there aside from the campus.

Can someone recommend a good driving route to see the general area? We will be leaving the campus from Parking area C if that is helpful!

Thank you so much!

Freddie

3 Answers Apr 2, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    • Wedding planning

by Northwestlovely Online Now Feb 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I.m of to see my first cousin get hitched.. I'm coming from a suburb of San Francisco. Any help on how to get there without breaking the bank?

5 Answers Feb 17, 2012 at 10:14 PM
    • CdnJane's Profile Photo

Around Ferry Terminal

by CdnJane Online Now Aug 26, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Going to be taking the Alaska Ferry from Bellingham next September. Taking the airporter-shuttle to the Ferry Terminal from SEA-TAC but will have a couple of hours before the ferry departs. Are there stores - like a grocery and pharmacy - within walking distance or will I need to take a taxi?
      Is the Airporter Shuttle the best way to go to Bellingham from SEA-TAC or should we take the train?

2 Answers Aug 27, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    • ccraftpta's Profile Photo

New In Town

by ccraftpta Online Now Jan 1, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Hi,
      My husband and i are new in bellingham (moved from mississippi) and will be here for about 5 months (i am a traveling therapist). I am looking to meet some new people and eat/drink at some cool places. With my job i will be on the road a lot in bellingham so i wont be able to bond with the people in the office. we both like the low scale bar scene with good food and beer, i love coffee and know there is some good stuff up here, and we would like to become pretty active. we currently both have mountain bikes and cant wait to hit the trails when the weather gets better. I would like to get into some pilates or yoga classes too. If anyone has any ideas or is into the same stuff, i would love to hear what ya think!!!

1 Answer Jan 5, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    • giampiero6's Profile Photo

What to do around Bellingham

by giampiero6 Online Now Sep 3, 2009 at 7:14 AM

I have a cheap ticket on Allegiant air that flies direct from LAX to Bellingham, Washington.

I was thinking, about taking off for a couple of days and exploring Puget sound, doing some hiking, relaxing.

Does anybody have any great ideas about what a 3 day itinerary might be like?

I'm imagining, green damp forests, fresh air, maybe a quiet lodge to relax in?

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks a lot for any advice!

12 Answers Apr 3, 2010 at 1:47 AM
    • Bellingham International Airport Bus Service

by retailprop Online Now Mar 12, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Does WTA serve the airport? Stopping where?
      How would you take WTA from the airport to near the intersection of Patton and Connecticut streets?
      Phil

1 Answer Mar 13, 2009 at 6:29 AM
    • moonkissw's Profile Photo

Bellingham=sleep and rural

by moonkissw Online Now Oct 25, 2006 at 1:00 PM

Would it be wrong to label Bellingham as having a sleepy and rural atmosphere? I was going to visit Bellingham this fall and Northern Seattle/Ballard, but unfortunately my travel plans fell through at the last minute. I was going to check out the Ballard neighborhood as a place to relocate but wanted to see if it might be too congested and suburban in nature...(not what I am going for!) and also I was going to check out Bellingham to see if the city had a sleepy/rural (more country than nature) mood to it...(also not what I am looking for). Nature, culture, an active environment minus the fast pace and stress, a neighborhood with character, diversity in activities, child friendly, near water, bookstores, coffee, music, gourmet food...really I'm looking for an area that is well balanced in all of these aspects! Bellingham sounds great but I can't shake the impression that it may feel too slow paced for my liking. I don't want the crowds and congestion just a good mix of activity. I will visit the city in the near future but until then want to have an idea of what it is like. What words come to mind when Bellingham comes to mind for someone who has been there? Does sleepy fit the bill?

5 Answers Aug 8, 2008 at 10:34 AM
    • waxxworx's Profile Photo

Schools in Bellingham

by waxxworx Online Now Sep 23, 2006 at 8:42 AM

Greetings All,
      My family and I will be exploring Bellingham next summer as a potential place to relocate to. It sounds like a great fit in so many ways; we're looking for a progressive place to raise our two boys where you can walk to stuff and every restaurant and retail store isn't a franchise with a University and an outdoorsy focused lifestyle. So looking forward to visiting for sure!
      My question is this: How are the schools there? Our oldest is just 3 so we don't have any experience yet but we're pretty sure that the Montessori approach will be the best fit for our boys. I know the only Montessori schools in Bham are private, anyone have experience with them? How are the public schools? Are they at all creative in their teaching approach or is it the same cookie cutter method that we're hearing horror stories about?

Thanks so much for any help.

Cheers,
      -Eric

8 Answers Oct 21, 2006 at 4:31 PM
    • 1jabbar's Profile Photo

Downtown Bellingham??

by 1jabbar Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 11:39 PM

My family and I visit Beelingham frequently but only as far as Bellisfair mall and other Big Box mall stores near by. Is there an original downtown Bellingham? Can you help with directions from Bellisfair mall or there abouts? Thanks for the help.

3 Answers Aug 10, 2006 at 10:07 AM
    • rmdw's Profile Photo

Mi Mexico

by rmdw Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 10:31 AM

Last night I heard rave reviews about the following restaurant from a Mexican couple: whatcom.kulshan.com/Washingt...

Has anyone else ever tried it? If so, what's your opinion?

Robert

9 Answers Jul 30, 2006 at 5:01 PM
    • Crazedchris's Profile Photo

Hikers Wanted

by Crazedchris Online Now Mar 5, 2006 at 2:27 PM

Hey all, hows it going? I'm an avid hiker living in Bellingham, and I'm trying to expand my list of hiking/chilling buddies. Anyone in here interested in hitting the trails at all? Anyway, you are welcome to reply to this or email me if your interested. I hope you all are having a great day!
      Chris
      Hikingwithoutlimits@hotmail.com

2 Answers Apr 14, 2006 at 10:51 AM
    • domerta's Profile Photo

Looking to Meet Up with VT'ers in Bellingham

by domerta Online Now Dec 27, 2005 at 10:35 PM

Hello Fellow VT'ers,

I am headed to your town (1/31/06 - 2/1/06) to do a seminar (Managing Emotions Under Pressure) at the Best Western Heritage Inn on McLeod Road. Anyone there in meeting please email me asap. Yes, I am the seminar leader and would love to meet you and hear about the local culture. Thanks a million!!

• Day trip to Bellingham

by sparklyrocks Online Now Jul 21, 2005 at 8:48 PM

Hi,

We are taking a Greyhound from Vancouver to Bellingham. Can you please tell me what is the most direct/fastest combination of buses to take from the Fairhaven Station to Bellis Fair?

Also, anything else to do, any other shopping areas in Bellingham we shouldn't miss?

TIA

2 Answers Jul 22, 2005 at 9:37 AM
    • boat trips

by kaibab Online Now Dec 6, 2004 at 1:22 AM

are there whale watching boat trips from Bellingham?

1 Answer Dec 6, 2004 at 1:58 PM
    • soulsista's Profile Photo

traveling to a possibly relocating to bellingham

by soulsista Online Now Nov 9, 2004 at 9:00 AM

hello! i will be traveling to(and most likely relocating to ) bellingham in the next few months. can anyone let me know where the good neighborhoods are? we would be looking for a one bedroom in a building that has been renovated into apartments (not an apartment complex setting situation). we can spend 500/mo> any advice for property managers? any advice on where to stay (cheap hotel/hostel) while we search for an apt? thanks for your help! jessica

7 Answers Mar 5, 2006 at 2:23 PM
    • Drive time ?

by skierdude Online Now Dec 14, 2003 at 6:56 PM

How many hours does it take to drive from Bellingham to Whistler BC? How long does it take to drive from Bellingham to Mt Baker ski area?

2 Answers Dec 19, 2003 at 9:18 AM
    • Moving there soon, any advice?

by beah Online Now Sep 11, 2003 at 10:58 PM

At the end of the year I will be moving to Washington to finish my degree at WWU, and after spending the past few years in Washington DC and Portland, I have realized I prefer a more quiet existence. In fact, I am hoping to find a place off the beaten path somewhere between Bellingham and Anacortes. I would love any suggestions of favorite (affordable) spots. Thanks :)

3 Answers Nov 26, 2004 at 6:42 PM